Sponsored

HALFSHAFTS DDS INSTALL

BBW P1X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT
I need assistance ASAP, i am installing halfshafts but the passenger side does not want to go in whatsoever it leave like 1/8th of an inch and the right side is fine. Anyone know how to push it all the way in?
Sponsored

cchvyd28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
I need assistance ASAP, i am installing halfshafts but the passenger side does not want to go in whatsoever it leave like 1/8th of an inch and the right side is fine. Anyone know how to push it all the way in?
I had to beat mine in. Used a 2x4 and put the board on the inner part going into the diff, like on the allen bolts. Whatever you do don't beat on the outer spline.

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Polymer dead blow hammer. The spline fit and retention ring is what causes the friction. This is not uncommon. Make sure both halfshafts are seated into the diff housing completely before driving. Tone on the deadblow will change when seated.

OP
OP
BBW P1X

BBW P1X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT
Polymer dead blow hammer. The spline fit and retention ring is what causes the friction. This is not uncommon. Make sure both halfshafts are seated into the diff housing completely before driving. Tone on the deadblow will change when seated.
so i took it out and noticed the aftermarket one on the passenger side (the one i can't get in) is bigger in length by about 1/8th on the end where it goes in the differential, that is exactly how much more the axle doesn't want to go into the diff, i tried everything, i put the stock on back on and literally went in pretty easy. Is this common? The driver side one is in already and i did that one on my own, i had me two friends and my father help with the passenger one. Kinda annoying since im heading to track today.

murawdawg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 - whipple stage 2
My DSS 1400hp ones took a LOT of convincing to get in there. but eventually, they went in.

Sponsored

OP
OP
BBW P1X

BBW P1X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT
My DSS 1400hp ones took a LOT of convincing to get in there. but eventually, they went in.
Now im starting to think its me messing up, its a pain in the ass taking it apart lol, will try again this weekend then

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Just use a deadblow and get it in there

Evolution IX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Don’t be afraid to give it some elbow grease. It will go. I used cchvyd28 method on my last mustang.

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
so i took it out and noticed the aftermarket one on the passenger side (the one i can't get in) is bigger in length by about 1/8th on the end where it goes in the differential, that is exactly how much more the axle doesn't want to go into the diff, i tried everything, i put the stock on back on and literally went in pretty easy. Is this common? The driver side one is in already and i did that one on my own, i had me two friends and my father help with the passenger one. Kinda annoying since im heading to track today.
Since it's longer it won't go in any further. just because there is a slight gap now doesn't mean it's not all the way seated. It only goes in until the snap ring seats in it's groove inside.

dfroehli

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dexter
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT, 2004 cobra
I'm experiencing a DSS driver side shaft that was machined to large to fit int he rear end housing. whats worst is im having a hard time contacting DSS. i hope this can be resolved.

Sponsored

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
I'm experiencing a DSS driver side shaft that was machined to large to fit int he rear end housing. whats worst is im having a hard time contacting DSS. i hope this can be resolved.
It does not go in at all?

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Negative. It’s 200 thousands to large.
I couldn’t even get two bars in the same length out of them or a set of CV’s that lasted more than a few thousand miles. I’m unsurprised that they can’t make them the correct diameter.

OP
OP
BBW P1X

BBW P1X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT
Dude me too i have tried since this post to email and call, all they do is say. "Email us" and i email and no response.
Sponsored