Sponsored

Whipple Install:)

phunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT-PP
I ripped around putting my new whipple through the paces most of today.

Ohhhh boy I like this car now. Mine is a manual trans, and it's quick as hell. But with your auto trans, your car is going to be a serious force to reckon with at the stoplights.

I am very happy with this system. The car just had a serious attitude adjustment.
Sponsored

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
It was on the dyno and everything looked great except the rev limiter some how was set too low and it reved out early. It has been adjusted and it arrived yesterday but Tasca not open on Saturdays
It should be done Monday :).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks man cant wait? :thumbsup:

I was going to try and get a GT350 through military sales and they suggested I order a GT then switch when the ordering info became available.

I ended up building a premium/Recaro/automatic/3.55(already have a base/Manual getting an On3 TT as we speak).I thought long and hard but going to keep the GT(already built) and forget the GT350 since I am never going to see a road course.... and I need a whole more power and torque via FI for drag racing.

I am seriously considering the Whipple and their tune,so curious to see real world results on an auto.
My only concern is the relatively low torque (at least compared to my 12 with the MMR boss block/ snake bite TVS and 75mm 8 rib that makes 773 rwhp/754 lb. /ft. torque with a 5% lower(dyno in another whipple thread)

The 12 is a manual that has gone a best of 10.3@ 138.Going to try and row it into the 9's one more time but if I don't get there have a built auto/converter waiting to go in. Car does drive like a POS hence wanting a nice driving auto with FI "for the wife"(even though she can drive a stick, she refuses) and the Whipple is looking like the number one contender.
Alternatively I may just slap on another TT on the auto and another On3 is looking very tempting especially at the $4400 anticipated price (I get the one on the manual for free).

I apologize for the long post and not trying to jack your thread but your results (driving feel) is really going to help me make up my mind.

Last edited:

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple

I was going to try and get a GT350 through military sales and they suggested I order a GT then switch when the ordering info became available.

I ended up building a premium/Recaro/automatic/3.55(already have a base/Manual getting an On3 TT as we speak).I thought long and hard but going to keep the GT(already built) and forget the GT350 since I am never going to see a road course.... and I need a whole more power and torque via FI for drag racing.

I am seriously considering the Whipple and their tune,so curious to see real world results on an auto.
My only concern is the relatively low torque (at least compared to my 12 with the MMR boss block/ snake bite TVS and 8 rib/15% lower that makes 780 rwhp/740 lb. /ft. torque with a 5% lower.(dyno in another whipple thread)

The 12 is a manual that has gone a best of 10.3@ 138.Going to try and row it into the 9's one more time but if I don't get there have a built auto/converter waiting to go in. Car does drive like a POS hence wanting a nice driving auto with FI "for the wife"(even though she can drive a stick she refuses) and the Whipple is looking like the number one contender.
Alternatively I may just slap on another TT on the auto and another On3 is looking very tempting especially at the $4400 anticipated price (I get the one on the manual for free).

I apologize for the long post and not trying to jack your thread but your results (driving feel) is really going to help me make up my mind.
I used to have a 2.9 whipple/10 rib/20% lower on my 12 but went back to the TVS when it broke the snout off my 9/5 CR alluminator:tsk:. It made about the same power the overspun TVS makes now on the higher compression engine but much less torque.

Last edited:

jayman33

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
15 PP

My only concern is the relatively low torque (at least compared to my 12 with the MMR boss block/ snake bite TVS and 8 rib/15% lower that makes 780 rwhp/740 lb. /ft. torque with a 5% lower.(dyno in another whipple thread)

The 12 is a manual that has gone a best of 10.3@ 138.Going to try and row it into the 9's one more time but if I don't get there have a built auto/converter waiting to go in. Car does drive like a POS hence wanting a nice driving auto with FI "for the wife"(even though she can drive a stick she refuses) and the Whipple is looking like the number one contender.

Let us know when you're ready, we have Whipple in stock ready to go:) Plus us being active duty Army, we also have a Marine Vet, another Army Vet and Air Force vet. We take care of our own:)

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Let us know when you're ready, we have Whipple in stock ready to go:) Plus us being active duty Army, we also have a Marine Vet, another Army Vet and Air Force vet. We take care of our own:)
Hooah!
will definitely keep that in mind if I go with the whipple.

The Auto will be my third Stang and I like the idea of having different power adders on all 3 although I am conflicted about having 2 autos(if I do the autoswap on the 12) with PD-
If I do the whipple on the auto I may just sell the built auto I have already for the 12(I know,first world problems :))

Definitely not another TVS.Tired of dealing with thrown/broken belts on the overspun TVS on my 12-making 20 psi!

I was thinking of ordering the whipple without the dual fans and using the stock throttle body to keep cost down but Tasca had said after their install that the fans were needed.

I would have liked to try the whipple tune with the warranty and upgrade to the bigger throttle body if (more like when) I needed more powah.
If I do that ,will whipple upgrade the tune for free?

phunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT-PP
Get the throttle! I went without it at first but added it before the kit shipped. It's one of my favorite parts from the system and well worth the money as a well done billet product.

With a PD you really want that giant throttle since its a pull-thru configuration.

I'm without the fans for now and all is well as far as I can see on a 75 degree day. That's not to say I won't need them later, but if it was the throttle or the fans, I would do the throttle first because the fans won't need a retune when added.
Sponsored