AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
That's what Insurance is for.
But still. Granted we dont know the whole story, but The dealership I agree should have at least met him in the middle. I know my service guy and have a great relationship with them and they always stick my car in the shop every night when I had my 16 and it had to be fixed. But I also agree a brand new car at that cost should have been in the shop. But whats bothering me even more is 3 months to fix the car? Crap, thats another red flag. I would have set the ground rules when dropping the car off as where it was going to be stored.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Ive seen dealerships after a major hail storm. My dealer has a tent set up and a PDR (paintless dent repair) crew working to fix all the cars on the lot.

Last edited:

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
My nephew's vehicle was recently pelted with large hail and he learned that the "dent pullers and tappers" are so good now, you don't even get a paint job. I have forgotten the acronym used to describe this process but I'll bet someone else knows.

Sponsored

Classic Lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Dodge Challenger T/A 392 6 speed manual.
I'm sure the dealer had many many more new cars that got damaged as well. sorry about the car man, but this is not the dealers fault. at least not by the info he provided.

FastCarFanBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GB GT
I've seen hail damage once or twice but it didn't look like that. And on the A-pillar?

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I've been through this before. Yup, PDR is the defacto standard with this kind of storm and damage. Professionals in this field chase these types of storms and setup of shop in the area once the storm has passed or some typical body shops handle it as well. I had an extended cab F250 that looked like you gave a ball peen hammer to a monkey and gave him a reward every time he plinked the truck with it. When all was said and done I could not find the dents...anywhere. Some of these guys are that good.

biminiLX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 and a few others
Mental note, if leaving car with dealership or a shop, get in writing there will be indoor storage or walk.
Still strange, no way I’d leave it there for 3 mos. Maybe he wanted to try for a Lemon Law?
Based on your replies, I’m assuming that even though it’s at the dealer for warranty work, it’s all on his own insurance? Act of god clause?
What if stolen or hit and run?
I’m sure any one of us would be livid. I feel bad for the guy.
-J

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
SHit you made me click on it. Only that click-baiting moron could make a 17 minute video out of a quick car walk around.
Sponsored