Sponsored

GT500 vs ZLE

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
a sunglasses pouch in the roofline, re-shape the DUMB-ass central storage under the armrest pull the roofline back a 4 inches (or at least raise it 3 and drop the window sill a good 2 inches.
Sponsored

ls6-m22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice cars
a sunglasses pouch in the roofline, re-shape the DUMB-ass central storage under the armrest pull the roofline back a 4 inches (or at least raise it 3 and drop the window sill a good 2 inches.
I would also add to get rid of the hideous double bulge over the gauges.

SergeyMelnik

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sergey
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
The gt500 costs 20k more than the zl1 because its worth 20k more. People slobber over this shelby. It will hold its value far better than the zl1.

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
That is a crappy arm rest/storage area between the seats.

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
I think they need to invest in some good designers and get the exterior and visibility issues fixed. Throw in the LT5 to give better performance. But fixing the esthetics is the main issue to keep the Camaro viable. Most Camaro and Mustang sales come from what they look like to the customer buying a 30k all the way up to 100k obviously.
The visibility is because the whole car/roof line is two inches lower that the Mustang. If they raised the roof to be equal, it would have visibility. But then it would raise the center of gravity.

Sponsored

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
I feel like the trolls are trying to flank us. conversation is now all about camaro's.. yet i swore i logged into mustang g6 gt500 section

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
a sunglasses pouch in the roofline, re-shape the DUMB-ass central storage under the armrest [...]
I would also add to get rid of the hideous double bulge over the gauges.
The interior is ... odd. It's got most of the "required" tech, the materials are decent (though I really dislike Alcantara in a street car), but there's some design choices that are just out of left field. It's very "over designed", and even in that context, it's still inconsistent. It's like they had 10 designers spec each area/component, then put them in a box, and randomly drew each item.

ZRacerLE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2 & ZLE A10
I feel like the trolls are trying to flank us. conversation is now all about camaro's.. yet i swore i logged into mustang g6 gt500 section
Let's go guys, up the mustang talk. We've got 70 pages to go.

Will Ford do a more extreme track version of the GT500, i.e. a true "GT500R"? Maybe that's why they didn't use the name for the CFTP car? ... maybe waiting for Chevy's response?

newmoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Cobra, 10 SS, 12 392, 12 5.0
The gt500 costs 20k more than the zl1 because its worth 20k more. People slobber over this shelby. It will hold its value far better than the zl1.
I agree that it is worth the premium in price as it does everything well in either Base or CF form, it's not a 1 trick pony.

That being said I think depreciation will be similar for both brands percentage of actual cost to actual used value. Right now the limited availability of the 500 will hold values much higher but as supply increases this will no longer be the case.

My plan is hold out for a year or two and then begin searching for a low mileage used 500 base. Pricing should have settled by that point.

Sponsored

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
That's all architectural major stuff. None of that can our will happen until there is a Camaro 7. Speaking of which......

For those who are wondering about the future Camaro. The all new one is coming in 2023

https://gmauthority.com/blog/gm/fut...et-vehicles-products/future-chevrolet-camaro/
I remember some guy saying that back when the eulogies for Camaro were being written. Pretty sure I remember somebody saying that. Oh wait....that was me. :giggle:

Even so, the GM Authority piece isn't exactly proof positive of a Gen 7. The surveys that a number of Camaro owners are receiving with a number of powertrain choices and EV spec choices is a more solid indication that work is being done on Gen 7. There still needs to be final approval, but that's true of every GM vehicle program. Thing is, it's definitely in the mix.