Sponsored

GT350 R Splitter

Bulldogs22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
The cheapest 350r splitter I have found one to put on my 19 handling package is $1378? Does this sound about right for this piece of plastic smh. Does anyone have a lead on someone selling one? At this point might as well just get a full carbon splitter.
Sponsored

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
The cheapest 350r splitter I have found one to put on my 19 handling package is $1378? Does this sound about right for this piece of plastic smh. Does anyone have a lead on someone selling one? At this point might as well just get a full carbon splitter.
Is the car a daily driver? I wouldn't do an R splitter, if so.

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
I bought this one and have been very happy with it. The plastic seemed slightly lighter in color than the original, so I hit it with 2 coats of a ceramic spray, and its looked perfect since. Highly recommend it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/165077345577?hash=item266f606529:g:8TYAAOSwfeZcn7xv

CarbonZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I paid a little less than that but sounds about right. Contact levittown see if you can get a discount, or shipping code.

matthewr87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Man that's crazy. Why is it so much more expensive than the regular GT350 splitter? It is still just plastic right?

Sponsored

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Brand new used one show up on FB and other places for around $1K. That’s a great price. Patience usually pays off. But yeah, that’s the price.

I personally wouldn’t do a carbon splitter. The plastic of the factory splitter is ver resilient. One descent bonk on a carbon one will be crack city. Stock will take a bit of abuse.

Opinions obviously, so filter to meet your needs…but you can daily a R splitter just fine. Just takes diligence. The looks are weeellll worth any trade off.

OP
OP
Bulldogs22

Bulldogs22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Is the car a daily driver? I wouldn't do an R splitter, if so.
No it’s not a daily driver and I looked at my buddies with one and the approach angle is really not all that different if it scrapes one would scrape the other

CarbonZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350

2JZFAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 AG GT350
I made a thread about the splitter and some alternative options back in January (Let's Talk GT350R Splitters - Genuine Ford FR3Z-17D957-AC). Take a look, hopefully some of it helps. My advice.. Bite the bullet and get the real thing. The material is much more forgiving and it should last you a long time. Also, take a look at sliplo to protect your splitter.

The eBay splitters are junk, you absolutely get what you pay for at times. The seller of a knockoff part provides exactly the support and customer service experience you would expect. None. The seller even goes so far as to attempt to run the clock out on the return/dispute process. The seller developed such a poor reputation around FB that they were banned from all the obvious communities on there before resorting to eBay.

After my thread earlier this year, I still get messaged from time to time by members who suffered from casting issues like mine to fitment issues.

1639965386925.png

Besides the blemishes on mine, it never even fit right. Garbage.

Sponsored

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150
Man that's crazy. Why is it so much more expensive than the regular GT350 splitter? It is still just plastic right?
It is imbued with Race Track Magic™
1639971933754.gif

OP
OP
Bulldogs22

Bulldogs22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
I made a thread about the splitter and some alternative options back in January (Let's Talk GT350R Splitters - Genuine Ford FR3Z-17D957-AC). Take a look, hopefully some of it helps. My advice.. Bite the bullet and get the real thing. The material is much more forgiving and it should last you a long time. Also, take a look at sliplo to protect your splitter.

The eBay splitters are junk, you absolutely get what you pay for at times. The seller of a knockoff part provides exactly the support and customer service experience you would expect. None. The seller even goes so far as to attempt to run the clock out on the return/dispute process. The seller developed such a poor reputation around FB that they were banned from all the obvious communities on there before resorting to eBay.

After my thread earlier this year, I still get messaged from time to time by members who suffered from casting issues like mine to fitment issues.

1639965386925.png

Besides the blemishes on mine, it never even fit right. Garbage.
I agree I think I am just going to have to deal with it and get the OEM I don't like the look of that knockoff you posted. And like others have said the carbon splitter is pointless unless you have other exterior carbon to compliment

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Mixed emotions about it but... It's really the best way for Ford (for Ford) to help keep the R somewhat exclusive....by pricing the R bits higher. They could go the route of requiring people to provide VIn numbers to buy R items but they know people would work around that and it would just introduce more overhead to use this process.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Mixed emotions about it but... It's really the best way for Ford (for Ford) to help keep the R somewhat exclusive....by pricing the R bits higher. They could go the route of requiring people to provide VIn numbers to buy R items but they know people would work around that and it would just introduce more overhead to use this process.
Thats a nice way to put it, Jeff. I would say it's Ford's way of making it cost prohibitive to convert a base to an R. Let's see, 24K for wheels, 2K for tires, 16K for the wing, 2K for the splitter, about 2K for the finish panel and grill, a set of R recaros? what? 5K?, about 1K for the steering wheel? Seat delete? What's that, about 1K by the time you get it delivered?

Some say that it's just greed on the part of Ford. The markup for parts is enormous. I have talked with several vendors that supply parts to Ford. They all complain about the problem. Unfortunately, there isn't anything that they can do about it.

I'm all for some kind of lower tier pricing scheme for actual owners of the cars. Wheels, wing, splitter, you name it. If they made those parts affordable for the owners, people would be less concerned about using their vehicles. Wheels are a great example. We have several vendors that sell wheels on this forum. Their sucess largely revolves around the fear of using carbon fiber wheels on the street. If the wheels were more affordable from Ford (only for owners of course) then why would anyone be driving around on aluminum wheels when the car was designed around one of the best wheels ever put on a production car? The problem is that if everyone had all this stuff available to them at affordable prices, then everyone would have them and put them on their cars.

I keep my eye out for these items. I buy wheels, splitters, etc when they come along. Unless you sold it, you still have that wing. I wouldn't sell it. I'd hold onto that because some day one of two things are going to happen. Either it will be worth a boat load of money or you many need to replace your own damaged wing.

May I suggest that anyone looking for these kinds of parts be patient and religiously watch the classifieds here as well as ebay and FB. They do become available every so often.
Sponsored