Sponsored

Gt350 or C8

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I bet with the LT2 in the 'vette there will be annoying programming in the DCT similar to the 1-4 setup for fuel economy.
I don't believe skip shift was iterated in the automatics because the shift strategy would short shift for you and keep you within a certain RPM range when using so little throttle. This is even with autos that had/have manual modes. I know autos can drag the torque converted too to aid the engine from going to far up. In a DCT that obviously can't happen but I'd imagine it'll do enough shifting where "skip shift" isn't needed. Plus I'd think that's just way way too abrupt of a driving experience, even in the name of fuel economy.

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
Or if we can ever get a motor from GM that revs to over 6500 and isn't rebranded a LT2 with probably about 2 changes and some calibration to bump the power to 495 then act like its a modern marvel of technology when in fact push rod tech is older than some senior citizens.
The LS7 redined at 7K

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I don't believe skip shift was iterated in the automatics because the shift strategy would short shift for you and keep you within a certain RPM range when using so little throttle. This is even with autos that had/have manual modes. I know autos can drag the torque converted too to aid the engine from going to far up. In a DCT that obviously can't happen but I'd imagine it'll do enough shifting where "skip shift" isn't needed. Plus I'd think that's just way way too abrupt of a driving experience, even in the name of fuel economy.
I realize a DCT probably won't skip shift and actually can't skip shift in certain ways. I'm just saying if you're lazy on the throttle it will launch, shift, shift, shift immediately and you will be in 4th gear at 15-20 mph.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I realize a DCT probably won't skip shift and actually can't skip shift in certain ways. I'm just saying if you're lazy on the throttle it will launch, shift, shift, shift immediately and you will be in 4th gear at 15-20 mph.
I wouldn't be surprise at all. Chevy did say the trans is very close ratio from 1 - 6.

Fpetro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
Shelby gt350 Saleen S 281
Sat in one yesterday, styling wise, they aren’t even close to being in the same level.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I'm replying to the 350 or C8 question. I think the C8 looks sharp. I might consider one in a Z06 package or a ZR1 when those packages become available. Imagine that car with a twin turbo? OMG.

However, I'm a Ford guy and I'm going full steam ahead with a CFTP 500.

350 vs C8? You could argue the pros/cons till the cows come home. To each their own.

Sponsored

Mspeedster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Deep Impact Blue Track Pak
The C8 certainly has my attention, as I'm sure it does for most sports car enthusiasts. However, the same thing holding me back from a GT500 is holding me back from the C8, no manual trans.

To my eyes, the C8 does look striking but I don't believe it's the most beautiful Corvette ever designed. For some reason, it reminds me of the NSX, which isn't a good thing. But at $60k, the base Stingray is a lot of car for the money. If I didn't already have a GT350 and were shopping for a car now, I think I'd be very very tempted to get the Vette.

Ixse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
C8 no doubt will be more striking to look at, and provide higher lvl of performance.
However, c8 w “must have” options will be well into $75-80k. And depreciation will always hit very hard due to massive production numbers. Only vet that carries value retention is zr1 or zora model.
Gt350 is slower car. But still just as much, if not more enjoyable to drive day to day, due to special character of its engine,sound,manual tranny. Because no manufacturers are building these high rev NA engines (aside from maybe porsche gt cars), in a long term, gt350s will hold their value very well, just like many s2000s are now appreciating in value.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
The C8 certainly has my attention, as I'm sure it does for most sports car enthusiasts. However, the same thing holding me back from a GT500 is holding me back from the C8, no manual trans.

To my eyes, the C8 does look striking but I don't believe it's the most beautiful Corvette ever designed. For some reason, it reminds me of the NSX, which isn't a good thing. But at $60k, the base Stingray is a lot of car for the money. If I didn't already have a GT350 and were shopping for a car now, I think I'd be very very tempted to get the Vette.
I've been defending the C8 looks since its unveiling. Now my argument stands as if everyone things the C8 looks like every other mid engine supercar (Ferrari this or NSX that) then every other mid engine supercar looks like every other mid engine supercar. HOWEVER, I will admit too that the C8 isn't beautiful. It's very striking and very aggressive which I like. But I can also discern between beauty and a badass looking ride. Hot woman vs beautiful woman. The C8 is a hot piece of ass. But beautiful, it is not.

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
At that low entry price point it is hard to compare it to $300K + supercars, although people are certainly trying.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
At that low entry price point it is hard to compare it to $300K + supercars, although people are certainly trying.
And additionally people keep trying to saw how awful the rear end looks. Well if Chevy would have used round dual tail lights then people would be screaming about how it looks like an F430:

DMC-21023_a-600x600.jpg

And on top of that, someone PLEASE name one supercar that has a legitimately good looking rear end. *crickets*

Very few do because the designers are so restricted on what can be accomplished with no decklid.
Sponsored