Sponsored

Gt350 or C8

lana66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350 1968 gt350
Had a 2016 track pac and had to get rid of it. but now i'm able to get back in the game and thinking of the R, but with the new Vett its a harder choice . Any ideas.
Sponsored

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
Well will jump in and say this. Buy what moves you. I think the C8 is nice, but not for me. Hell i do not think I can fit in it honestly. But with the stats it has, it should be amazing.

The R is already amazing. We know how and what it can stack up against, so you just need to decide do I go with a american classic pony, or do I go with a american classic sport car.

Great age for performance cars we are in gentlemen and ladies of this board....great age indeed.

Erik427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Mustang
The Vette just like all other mid engine cars make for poor daily drivers.

If you already have a daily.....then buy what moves you the most.

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
Personally, would not by the first year of anything. Been down that road too many times with cars spending precious seat time disabled in the dealer's shop.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
No manual transmission on the 'vette means I'm out.

Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Fully unbias opinion coming here:

Back a few years ago I was planning on getting a C7 Z51. I had ZERO interest in the S550 Mustang because I didn't think it was a big enough leap forward from my S197. Then the GT350 was leaked. I threw that Stingray idea out the window harder and faster than a baseball. So here I am now with my GT350 and the C8 is announced. Here's the thing, I've always wanted a mid engine car (no MR2, smartasses lol). The C8 is ticking a lot of boxes. I'm planning on getting one. However I'm probably going to hold my horses for a bit and see what else comes out of it. I'd like to think a "Grand Sport" level car will eventually release. There's also a few other things that I'm struggling with. I'm not sure sure about that braking system. It's fly by wire. We still haven't seen any real prices, only know that it starts under $60,000 which could mean many things.

I love the interior. I think that big string of buttons is actually rather clever. I think the interior will be another step forward as it has been ever since the C5 to the C6 and C6 to the C7. The practicality I actually appreciate. I like the GM small block although I LOVE the Voodoo motor. That'll be a hard pill to swallow. Time will tell. I had high hopes for the GT350. I took a risk and ordered my GT350 the day the order banks opened and we still hadn't seen a real production ready model. I was pretty relieved that it was so good. Not sure if I'd do that again though.

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
The Porsche Panamera had those button strings in the console when released. They are gone.

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
I'd wait. Rumor has it they are still breaking motor mounts in the C8. I love the car, but I don't want to be Chevy's guinea pig. No manual makes it an easier decision for me.

Dr. JL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R: GR227 and GR378
I'd wait for the C8 and GT500 releases. Availablity of both cars could possible drive down the prices of a GT350/R. Plus, you'll be able to actually see and drive all three for comparison.

Sponsored

rj45

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic Metallic
The mid engined C8 is a step forward from front engined cars like the GT350, namely, in areas such as balance, traction and exotic feel/looks. However, the C8’s LT2 engine is a derivative of the C7’s LT1 engine which, as smooth and powerful as it is, lacks a bit of character, IME. So, if that’s anything to go by, and an engine’s character is important to you (e.g. the way it keeps making power with rpm, the sound it makes, the subtle vibrations, etc), the GT350 stands out. Combine that with the manual transmission, and it extends the raw driving experience even further. They’re two very different cars. Ultimately, there is no right or wrong choice, only the one that best suits you.

Last edited:

arsenalrocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
no manual for C8
I will get the C8 z06 tho.

Bulldogs22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Fully unbias opinion coming here:

Back a few years ago I was planning on getting a C7 Z51. I had ZERO interest in the S550 Mustang because I didn't think it was a big enough leap forward from my S197. Then the GT350 was leaked. I threw that Stingray idea out the window harder and faster than a baseball. So here I am now with my GT350 and the C8 is announced. Here's the thing, I've always wanted a mid engine car (no MR2, smartasses lol). The C8 is ticking a lot of boxes. I'm planning on getting one. However I'm probably going to hold my horses for a bit and see what else comes out of it. I'd like to think a "Grand Sport" level car will eventually release. There's also a few other things that I'm struggling with. I'm not sure sure about that braking system. It's fly by wire. We still haven't seen any real prices, only know that it starts under $60,000 which could mean many things.

I love the interior. I think that big string of buttons is actually rather clever. I think the interior will be another step forward as it has been ever since the C5 to the C6 and C6 to the C7. The practicality I actually appreciate. I like the GM small block although I LOVE the Voodoo motor. That'll be a hard pill to swallow. Time will tell. I had high hopes for the GT350. I took a risk and ordered my GT350 the day the order banks opened and we still hadn't seen a real production ready model. I was pretty relieved that it was so good. Not sure if I'd do that again though.
I agree completely. My biggest gripes with the car is it seems all the $$$ went to the mid engine layout which granted should handle amazingly, but like the braking system you mentioned it seems somewhat average looking at the calipers and rotor setup along with the fly by wire no one likes. Chevy is known for their small blocks so i'm not complaining about all of them but a pushrod V8 cannot hold a candle to the voodoo it's a pretty boring engine in my opinion 6500 redline is nothing to get excited about. And then like you said comes the pricing to get a C8 that truly hits the head on all performance metrics will probably be a performance model which won't be near the 60k at all.

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 350 Lead-foot grey
At $60k base on the C8 it will be on almost every street corner. The GT350 does have the exclusiveness as well as the performance. I like that.

Bulldogs22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
At $60k base on the C8 it will be on almost every street corner. The GT350 does have the exclusiveness as well as the performance. I like that.
You also won't see the world's population of senior citizens driving it.
Sponsored