GT350 Gripes and Complaints

brokenblinker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2012 Leaf daily
Break dust
Vinyl strips instead of paint
Center gages are not turned toward driver.
Drive mode doesn’t default to sport or at least stay in the mode in which is was shut off.
The lack of upward adjustment on the rear view mirror. I’m 6’1” and with mirror tilted all the way up, I’m looking at the back seat and spoiler. I have to dip my head to see what’s behind me. Not a big issue, but gets annoying sometimes.
Do you have your seat really high?

I'm 6'1" with more torso than leg, and it has plenty of adjustability for me.
Sponsored

Baldilocks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.blueearlbrewing.com
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium California Special
Vehicle Showcase
The lack of upward adjustment on the rear view mirror. I’m 6’1” and with mirror tilted all the way up, I’m looking at the back seat and spoiler. I have to dip my head to see what’s behind me. Not a big issue, but gets annoying sometimes.
I'm also 6'1". I had that problem for a few days until I realized, for some reason, that my mirror was upside down. Once I spun it around, problem solved. (Not saying that's your problem...)

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Complaints:

• loud, almost unacceptable
  • rattle-y, could be due to missing interior pieces
  • high fuel consumption, borderline ridiculous
  • Eats tires/brakes, can barely afford
  • Very hot, need coolshirt system
  • breathes fire, dangerous

huskeee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt350
Here's two of my gripes that maybe the 'but it's a race car' crowd can appreciate:

1. No factory tow hook!

2. Black steering wheel centre locator on a black steering wheel (non-R models).

Ps. I love the car.

Sponsored

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1, 2020 Explorer, 2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase
To those of you complaining about brake dust and brake noise....it's a serious performance car.....performance brakes make noise and make a lot of dust. If you care more about the car looking pretty over the car beating Porsches on track, maybe you should've bought an Ecoboost.

*Ford builds epic track car
*Customer buys epic track car and complains about track car characteristics :facepalm:

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350

Jason304

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350 2016 Ram 2500 2012 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Do you have your seat really high?

I'm 6'1" with more torso than leg, and it has plenty of adjustability for me.
Seat is as low as it will go. But a comfortable driving position for me may be a little more up right than most. I don’t like to lay back when I drive. Never had this problem with any other vehicle I’ve driven, however they’ve mostly been trucks and Jeep’s. This is the first sports car I’ve owned or spent time behind the wheel.

Jason304

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350 2016 Ram 2500 2012 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
I'm also 6'1". I had that problem for a few days until I realized, for some reason, that my mirror was upside down. Once I spun it around, problem solved. (Not saying that's your problem...)
I’ll check it this weekend. Don’t want to uncover it just to look.

Sponsored

matthewr87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
My only gripe is the absence of a factory installed tow hook. Otherwise I can live with everything else in a 60k car that is more or less track ready (albeit san tow hook) with 526 hp. If I paid 100k for it I might have more complaints :giggle:

OP
OP
Broid

Broid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350
Complaints:

• loud, almost unacceptable
  • rattle-y, could be due to missing interior pieces
  • high fuel consumption, borderline ridiculous
  • Eats tires/brakes, can barely afford
  • Very hot, need coolshirt system
  • breathes fire, dangerous
Too loud? Well, to each his own on that one. Having lost a lot of my hearing already, it's not an issue for me. (I was a musician in the 70's) No rattles in my car. High fuel consumption is your own fault. We don't buy these cars for their economy! And if you are eating tires, that's your own fault too! I think burn outs are a waste of tire, I don't do them, and I have no plans to track my car, so I'm goo there. IT IS HOT. I live on the coast and most of the time I'm good just running fresh air through the vents, but even at the coolest setting the air comes through HOT. I have the air conditioned seats, so I'm good there. Haven't noticed the breathing fire trick yet, is that in track mode?

OP
OP
Broid

Broid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350
To those of you complaining about brake dust and brake noise....it's a serious performance car.....performance brakes make noise and make a lot of dust. If you care more about the car looking pretty over the car beating Porsches on track, maybe you should've bought an Ecoboost.

*Ford builds epic track car
*Customer buys epic track car and complains about track car characteristics :facepalm:

Is it a track car you can drive on the street, or a street car you can drive on the track?

OP
OP
Broid

Broid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350
My only gripe is the absence of a factory installed tow hook. Otherwise I can live with everything else in a 60k car that is more or less track ready (albeit san tow hook) with 526 hp. If I paid 100k for it I might have more complaints :giggle:
I paid quite a bit more than 60K (But less than 100K) for my 2020...!!

huskeee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt350
Too loud? Well, to each his own on that one. Having lost a lot of my hearing already, it's not an issue for me. (I was a musician in the 70's) No rattles in my car. High fuel consumption is your own fault. We don't buy these cars for their economy! And if you are eating tires, that's your own fault too! I think burn outs are a waste of tire, I don't do them, and I have no plans to track my car, so I'm goo there. IT IS HOT. I live on the coast and most of the time I'm good just running fresh air through the vents, but even at the coolest setting the air comes through HOT. I have the air conditioned seats, so I'm good there. Haven't noticed the breathing fire trick yet, is that in track mode?
I'd suggest you look at his build thread or videos to get an idea of what he's talking about :thumbsup:
Sponsored