Seb

Seb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sebastiaan
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 Heritage Edition
You're talking about products like SLiPLO. They help, but not meant for twice daily scraping like he'd encounter coming in and out of his garage. They will wear down quickly. Plus, if the angle is too great, the splitter will bend to the point of cracking.
Maybe I'm stubborn, actually scratch the maybe; my ex-wive will tell you I am stubborn, but I am less worried about scraping the nose. I used to live in a building with underground parking and the driveway had a similar slope. As long as I took it slow and a bit for an angle, I could make it without scraping.

My concern is high centering the car on the initial drop at the top of the driveway.

Does anybody know how much ground clearance the GT350 has? I would ask Ford, but haven't been able to get their chat support to work.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Seb

Seb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sebastiaan
Vehicle(s)
I finally had my car registered a few weeks ago and got to put theory to the test: major pucker factor going down the ramp the first time... But good news; no high centering and no scraping! I can take the ramp at quite an angle at the bottom. And the fact that the car now rides ~1" higher due to the taller All Season tires helps too.

All tucked in inside her underground bunker:

IMG_1808.jpeg

Blwnsmoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I finally had my car registered a few weeks ago and got to put theory to the test: major pucker factor going down the ramp the first time... But good news; no high centering and no scraping! I can take the ramp at quite an angle at the bottom. And the fact that the car now rides ~1" higher due to the taller All Season tires helps too.

IMG_1808.jpeg
Beautiful car. Best part of that right there is the cold start and the bark bouncing off the walls behind you lol.

CANTWN4LSN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350

IMG_1808.jpeg
Man, I wish mine came with that same remote you got so I could park it in such a tight space without having to worry about door clearance to exit the car.

• Haha
Reactions: Seb

Sponsored

C.J.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JIA
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Shelby GT350, 2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Slightly off topic, I scraped the front splitter at T6 and corkscrew of Laguna Seca when I was too close to the apex. The aspect ratio of my tires is 30 though.

OP
OP
Seb

Seb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sebastiaan
Vehicle(s)
Beautiful car. Best part of that right there is the cold start and the bark bouncing off the walls behind you lol.
Thank you! I fired it up the other day while my friend was standing next to it and he literally jumped haha

OP
OP
Seb

Seb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sebastiaan
Vehicle(s)
Man, I wish mine came with that same remote you got so I could park it in such a tight space without having to worry about door clearance to exit the car.
Haha it’s not as tight as it looks! I also hug the passenger side column more now that I’ve had a few go’s at it

OP
OP
Seb

Seb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sebastiaan
Vehicle(s)
Slightly off topic, I scraped the front splitter at T6 and corkscrew of Laguna Seca when I was too close to the apex. The aspect ratio of my tires is 30 though.
That’s the corner with the dip on the inside, correct? Interesting, I always clipped that corner as aggressively as I could and didn’t scrape, even on the OEM spec Cup 2s

Blwnsmoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Thank you! I fired it up the other day while my friend was standing next to it and he literally jumped haha
Lol, I've blipped the throttle in my garage (I back in) when my wife was walking into the house and literally saw her jump too.

Fun times!!

Sponsored

Mr. Maboomba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2019 X5 50i, 2019 Ram 2500
Agreed! I've got both my V8s ready to rumble in a parking garage when I start them.

1651788769881.png

Nice to see the car made it @Seb. I would razz you about European gas prices but we are about the same here in California now ($8.42/gallon in Amsterdam for 95 octane vs. $6.10/gallon in San Francisco for 91 octane).

Blwnsmoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Agreed! I've got both my V8s ready to rumble in a parking garage when I start them.

1651788769881.png

Nice to see the car made it @Seb. I would razz you about European gas prices but we are about the same here in California now ($8.42/gallon in Amsterdam for 95 octane vs. $6.10/gallon in San Francisco for 91 octane).
Sheesh, I'm $4.39 for 93 octane. I don't envy you with those prices.