gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
I had a Model Y Performance try and get some last Friday on the way home from work. Didn't work out well for him and then the guy wouldn't even look at me as I blew by. lol

Oh well
Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
this guy at a car meet saturday was telling me tesla is making the cars sound like whatever you want on the outside now. my question to him was "so is it not a ricer thing if its a OEM feature?"

homie was convinced they're taking over and the oil companies are going to just bow out.

i stand by the quick not fast thing though. imagine endurance racing with electric cars. would they just spend half the time charging? :D
I would agree with @Bikeman315 they can be both quick and fast but also agree with you that they won’t be fast over a longer distance. 1/4 mile, yeah they’ll be quick and fast and will spank a lot of ICE cars. Longer distances they’ll need the Energizer bunny cuz that battery will start draining in a hurry.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I would agree with @Bikeman315 they can be both quick and fast but also agree with you that they won’t be fast over a longer distance. 1/4 mile, yeah they’ll be quick and fast and will spank a lot of ICE cars. Longer distances they’ll need the Energizer bunny cuz that battery will start draining in a hurry.
Well they're not bad in a 1/2 mile either. I'd still rather have the Lambo.

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
guess you missed the release of the Tesla plaid
making a thing able to technically do something and making it do that thing well (reliably, consistently, time after time) are different things. I have no doubt that tesla has built vehicles that can go fast but 130K for a car that does 162mph for... how many miles?... is insane when you could get a porsche 911 or GT500 that is happy going faster all day long, look better doing it, and making you smile more.

the plaid is 130k. in my mind it is insane to drive passed a porsche dealer to pay more money for an electric car.

more importantly, though, as others have noted to some degree cars are more than the sum of their parts. teslas are a novelty. maybe its the model A for electric cars (despite electric cars being built for 150 years without taking off sans govt subsidy)

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
OP
OP

CrackedHorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Mustang GT/CS; 15 Mustang GT
I wonder if the Tesla driver was making the motor sound with his mouth? You know the way we did with our Hot Wheels when we were kids.
Now that you mention it, I did see playing cards on the wheels...

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
making a thing able to technically do something and making it do that thing well (reliably, consistently, time after time) are different things. I have no doubt that tesla has built vehicles that can go fast but 130K for a car that does 162mph for... how many miles?... is insane when you could get a porsche 911 or GT500 that is happy going faster all day long, look better doing it, and making you smile more.

the plaid is 130k. in my mind it is insane to drive passed a porsche dealer to pay more money for an electric car.

more importantly, though, as others have noted to some degree cars are more than the sum of their parts. teslas are a novelty. maybe its the model A for electric cars (despite electric cars being built for 150 years without taking off sans govt subsidy)
So much agreement here.

When I was looking at exiting my Mercedes, I did look at Tesla and I did take a couple for a test drive. Quick and fast indeed however no soul. Cars are definitely more than sum of their parts. Cars have a personality and the Tesla just screamed expensive bimbo thirst trap where the Mustang growled that she was willing to be naughty just for me and go full send any time any where.

Add a supercharger and you can play with the big boys despite not having the Shelby badge.

Cleesj

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium PP 401a 6MT MP
Yeah I had a model 3 turn down the same back road I was turning down the other day and he jumped on it, so I did as well.. He didn't run away from me, but I definitely wasn't gaining much on him, lol. Pretty wild how quick they are. I'm much happier with my V8 rumble though, haha.

Sponsored

Phils15GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I have a model s plaid. The car is pretty wild but I do miss the sound of a rumbling V8. Dont miss it enough to get rid of the plaid but definitely weird going so fast without any sound.

Have had it about a month now and so far so good. I made the huge switch to the plaid as i was looking for something that can fit the family, drive all year around and fast.

2022 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cameron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1...2014 Mustag GT whipple supercharger
I'm just gonna leave this right here and grab my 🍿
Screenshot_20221003-173931_Chrome.jpg

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
I had a run in with a model 3 or y, idk, they're all white. It jumped me up until I was able to hold my nose around his back bumper. Although, unlike many of the experiences here, the driver was cool and we just exchanged a thumbs up.

They're definitely getting quicker. That new roadster, with a $200k price point, will definitely be aiming to shake up the supercar market. The horsepower wars may be over for us v8 lovers, but we at least don't have to worry about cars getting slower.

Last edited:

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
I have a model s plaid. The car is pretty wild but I do miss the sound of a rumbling V8. Dont miss it enough to get rid of the plaid but definitely weird going so fast without any sound.

Have had it about a month now and so far so good. I made the huge switch to the plaid as i was looking for something that can fit the family, drive all year around and fast.
The level of performance is hard not to talk about. I do see within this decade we are going to have more crazy fast electric cars from different brands. Hopefully they will make a 2 door coupe electric sports car that is not 6 figures.
Sponsored