• I added engine additive and it did not fix it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
I think due to a number of threads on bbq tick we should collect some statistics on what affected owners did and what was the outcome.

Suggest if we need more options
Sponsored

Last edited:

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP 6MT Race Red
Should have "I don't have a tick" for true representation of the population.

OP
OP
accel

accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
Added. Although those who do not have il might not be browsing this forum's section.

JGonvardi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP CO
The service dept is working on a short block replacement for mine. I’ll update once I get the car back.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Added. Although those who do not have il might not be browsing this forum's section.
Anyone that has the tick will surely find some threads about it since there's about 300 of them on this chat board. They could have the tick and not know much about it if they never hang out on any Mustang chat board.

Sponsored

rvlyssup

Vag...Gun...Stang-NUT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rand
Vehicle(s)
Lotsa...
I had a tick even before my first oil change.

Wasn't super loud but it was there: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/damn-my-turn-tick-tick-tick.36190/

Dealing with Ford Corporate was a PITA, the CSM was obtrusive and good luck getting a hold of them after the first call. My dealership on the other hand was very cooperative but corporate frowned upon trying 5w-30 so my service adviser did not want to risk my warranty even though he was open to the idea. So I said the hell with corporate...run it till it breaks, at least its is recorded.

I eventually ran 5w-30 on my own, haven't heard it ever since. Currently a little over 16k, i went back to 5w-20 on my last oil change...so far so good.:please:

OP
OP
accel

accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
I had a tick even before my first oil change.

Wasn't super loud but it was there: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/damn-my-turn-tick-tick-tick.36190/

Dealing with Ford Corporate was a PITA, the CSM was obtrusive and good luck getting a hold of them after the first call. My dealership on the other hand was very cooperative but corporate frowned upon trying 5w-30 so my service adviser did not want to risk my warranty even though he was open to the idea. So I said the hell with corporate...run it till it breaks, at least its is recorded.

I eventually ran 5w-30 on my own, haven't heard it ever since. Currently a little over 16k, i went back to 5w-20 on my last oil change...so far so good.:please:
I do not plan on using the additive every oil change. Will try to discontinue next time.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
So what does the poll mean so far as I don’t know anything about statistics.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So what does the poll mean so far as I don’t know anything about statistics.
Not much so far, that 60% of the people that voted (15 of 25 voters) don't think they have the ticking noise.

Last edited:

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Not much so far, that 60% of the people that voted (15 of 25 voters) don't think they have the ticking noise.
Hmm so that means 40% have at least had the ticking noise. Could that mean at least 40% of all GTs have the same sound?

Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Could that mean at least 40% of all GTs have the same sound?
Sample size is way too small to conclude that. Only 25 people have voted so far. If only 3 people voted, and 1 said he didn't have the ticking, no way anyone could conclude that 67% of all GTs had it. That's an extreme example. If 200+ voted it would be more representative of reality.

codegrinder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 OW PP GT (lemon buy back) 2018 Charger Hellcat
Mine was at the dealer. I had to take it in twice. they didn't hear anything the first time so I left it overnight and they got to hear a cold start. They think it needs a short block. They said its on back order with no ETA and that was a week ago. For Ford to be on back order they must be replacing a fair amount of them.

Not only do I have a tick but a knock I can feel in the shifter, the engine is hitting hard at idle. It doesn't feel down on power just sounds and feels like crap. I have the car back but I really don't want to drive it somewhere and get stranded somewhere.

I'm not impressed with how this is going down. When I had an issue with my KIA I was treated like I was the most important customer they ever had and I had spent 1/2 of what I paid for this car. I can't get the dealer to call me back om this one, I have to stop by every time.

I'll vote when I get the final word on whats gong to happen.

JGonvardi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP CO
Mine was at the dealer. I had to take it in twice. they didn't hear anything the first time so I left it overnight and they got to hear a cold start. They think it needs a short block. They said its on back order with no ETA and that was a week ago. For Ford to be on back order they must be replacing a fair amount of them.

Not only do I have a tick but a knock I can feel in the shifter, the engine is hitting hard at idle. It doesn't feel down on power just sounds and feels like crap. I have the car back but I really don't want to drive it somewhere and get stranded somewhere.

I'm not impressed with how this is going down. When I had an issue with my KIA I was treated like I was the most important customer they ever had and I had spent 1/2 of what I paid for this car. I can't get the dealer to call me back om this one, I have to stop by every time.

I'll vote when I get the final word on whats gong to happen.
That makes sense... mine has been in for a short block replacement for over a week. The engine has been out since last Saturday.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
I think due to a number of threads on bbq tick we should collect some statistics on what affected owners did and what was the outcome.

Suggest if we need more options
PART IT OUT!

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
There’s way too many threads on the “tick”..... lmao

The one thing that is being overlooked when it comes to forum polls - the data being captured is ONLY from this forum, period. It’s not an all inclusive poll, because it is missing all of the data that is/has not been been captured outside of this forum:

1) Owners who are not forum savvy or don’t belong to a forum to post
2) “You Tuber” or Facebook users who only share their life experiences via those venues
3) Ford Corporate warranty claims logged regarding a specific vehicle issue
4) Ford Dealership Service Center instances of said claim/concern
5) Owners who don’t have internet or care to go on the internet
6) Other online websites where such claims are reported outside of this forum

While it’s nice to see the poll responses, no one can use it to truly say that the “Coyote Tick” or Coyote engine failure is X% of the production run, by year.

Maybe someone who’s code, app, database or computer savvy can develop an app that will cull ALL of the known data from the WWW - still not all inclusive, but would capture more than just the responses from this site alone.

What would be really interesting is if there’s a Ford Insider who could get data on the S550 Coyote engine issues as to how many claims have been processed by fixable repairs (and what were those repairs), total engine replacement due to catastrophic failure or RAV Buy Backs.

Here’s another question - does the F-Series also suffer from the same engine concerns as the S550?
Sponsored