Sig556

White18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium / Rapid Red 10 Speed Auto
Buy what ever you like, whatever color does it for you, and whatever trim level, you can afford.
A Mustang should have a rumbling, thumping, raw power V8. There's a reason the name is Mustang.

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase
Somehow it seems V8 advocates assume everyone wants—NEEDS—more power. That need is psychological, isn't it? I said earlier that the 210 HP of my first Mustang was actually too much for daily life. It came in handy on autocross (another psychologically generated preoccupation?) and mountain twisties.

Mustang2006StadiumAutocross.jpg

Throughout all my driving life I got the greatest pleasure and ego boost from getting everything available from whatever vehicle at whatever level of capability. Did I mention the high point of my racing career was catching the factory Gremlins in Turn Nine at Riverside International Raceway? Me in my pretty much Showroom Stock Chevy Vega (2.3L four, BTW) showing its superior cornering power and my willingness to get close to the edge of the cheap car envelope.

The good part of the V8 v. EB choice is: You really can't go wrong.

Last edited:

MidnightGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Do GT owners regret not buying shelby? I think its more about the person and not the car....some people focus on what they dont have and will never be satisfied.
Again, I wasn’t trying to hurt feelings...
if I could afford it, I would have a GT500, but I also want/need a truck for all my toys and don’t want to daily that car.... so I have my daily 2018 z71 and a 2020 GT pp1 that will be getting boost soon. It is a matter of affordability to me.
Some people know they want an EB, and that’s great... but some, like I said, contemplate the EB vs GT due to the price difference, and want the GT but not the price tag. So they “settle” and aren’t happy and that has been reiterated by several in this post that have done just that.

Coloradoeco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 eco pp
Again, I wasn’t trying to hurt feelings...
if I could afford it, I would have a GT500, but I also want/need a truck for all my toys and don’t want to daily that car.... so I have my daily 2018 z71 and a 2020 GT pp1 that will be getting boost soon. It is a matter of affordability to me.
Some people know they want an EB, and that’s great... but some, like I said, contemplate the EB vs GT due to the price difference, and want the GT but not the price tag. So they “settle” and aren’t happy and that has been reiterated by several in this post that have done just that.
No feelings hurt at all, i was actually curious , i figure everyone has the what if thoughts ... if i could afford it I’d get a 911 but that aint happening in this lifetime haha

My previous car was a city bus/train... so the eb for my first car was a revelation either way

Sponsored

mavmrb3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brady
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt-DHG | 2010 Yaris 3Dr HB |
GT!

Sevensixteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT, MT-82, 2024 Bronco, Big Bend, SAS
Hands down GT ,There’s no replacement for displacement !

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Ford Performance Blue
Hi

GT. Get the 301 a package ( the middle ground one) with the PP1. Fantastic starting point for all projects and reasonably priced. Add active exhaust and you cant go wrong. The GT is the real deal with decent stock power. You will regret the eb. Whimpy whimpy whimpy

coolcobramatt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 Cali Special vert
B88A8788-5E9E-4A08-8FAC-365D32EF397F.jpeg
0467C996-0219-44E5-B68E-6B6B8CFCBB3A.jpeg
depends on your preferences and driving. if you don't mind the 4 cyl sound, don't drag race or do any high speed runs, do mostly just around town stuff, or want a lighter platform for pure handling purposes, then go for the ecoboost
^Pretty much covers it all. I’ve owned 20 mustangs since age 18 and bought my first non v8 last fall, a 19 EB. Couldn’t fathom DD’ing a v8 at $3 a gallon and the EB had more hp and tq than half my first GT’s or Cobras. 24 mpg city sure didn’t hurt either.

Everytime I cranked it up, the sound just reminded me how much I loved the v8 rumble. I traded it in last month on a 16 Cali Special. In less than 3 weeks I’ve added a Borla exhaust and new wheels and tires. Other than when I’m at the gas pump, I am
much happier now.

The EB is smoother, quieter and handles lighter. It’s a different beast altogether. I think it’s the perfect daily driver mustang. It will never be a GT though.

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Premium PP/Navi/ZF(6R80) Shaker Pro
If you are truly a “car guy” you will regret not getting a GT and will either spend more money in the long run by trading in or spend money on the EB trying to make it have the power of a GT (which does not sound good at all with exhaust IMO) and ultimately still not be happy.
I think guys who buy EB’s that contemplate GT’s simply can’t afford or do not want to afford GT’s, which is fine, everyone has a budget they should stick to, but if it’s an issue get a year older GT and have fun.
Buy once, cry once.
(Not trying to hurt feelings, just stating my observations/opinions)
fascinating_o_2620325.jpg

Sponsored

mnm4ever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, MR2 Spyder, Sea Doo HX
I can’t read through all 10 pages. Get the GT. You are better off with a base GT than any EB. Or a slightly used GT over a new EB. There is no point that the EB is a better option than the GT unless you are one of those ppl who don’t care about performance and don’t have any friends who will be asking you why you didn’t get a GT. No one ever bought a GT and then wished they had just got the EB. The gas mileage improvement isn’t really that much. If gas mileage is important to you then there are many other better options than a Mustang EB. The main reason to get a Mustang or any pony car is the V8.

mnm4ever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, MR2 Spyder, Sea Doo HX
Do GT owners regret not buying shelby? I think its more about the person and not the car....some people focus on what they dont have and will never be satisfied.
I think the “regret” factor is quite different between the regular GT and the Shelby. That’s a huge step up in price. It’s not like you can buy a base Shelby for the price of a mid level optioned GT. I love the idea of the GT350. I have no doubt it’s an amazing car. But I have a huge problem spending $50-60k+ on a car. I can afford it that’s not the issue. It’s just a mental block for me. The price between a Premium EB and a base GT is negligible. And there are dozens of used GTs for the same or less than a new EB. So the affordability factor is essentially a wash.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
You will regret the eb. Whimpy whimpy whimpy
Ha!
There is no point that the EB is a better option than the GT unless you are one of those ppl who don’t care about performance and don’t have any friends who will be asking you why you didn’t get a GT. No one ever bought a GT and then wished they had just got the EB.
I bought the GT first, and after a few test drives added the EB because of the fun factor and nimbleness. Had I been less V8 enamored I would probably have bought just the EB. Sure, it doesn't have the same 'traction motor' feel like the V8 but keep it on the boil and the EB is a hoot. The EB+A10+x01A+AE is probably the best combo for that platform. But I hate automatics so mine is a M6 so I can manage RPMs as I see fit. The drive-modes and active-exhaust (or aftermarket) really wake the platform up. If no AE and no drive modes, I agree the EB feels a bit flat.

Do I regret buying the V8 Mustang? Yes, actually. Not horribly mind, but the Camaro V8 (SS/1LE) is the FAR superior sport(y) car if you can live with the looks and tank-driver bathtub feel. I have my eye on a very low mile ZL1 that was being traded in when I just so happened to pull up beside it at the dealership the other day. So I may be down a Mustang this week.

Last edited:

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
I can’t read through all 10 pages. Get the GT. You are better off with a base GT than any EB. Or a slightly used GT over a new EB. There is no point that the EB is a better option than the GT unless you are one of those ppl who don’t care about performance and don’t have any friends who will be asking you why you didn’t get a GT. No one ever bought a GT and then wished they had just got the EB. The gas mileage improvement isn’t really that much. If gas mileage is important to you then there are many other better options than a Mustang EB. The main reason to get a Mustang or any pony car is the V8.
Being 19 years old is a bitch for all of us.
Sponsored