ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Emmm, maybe...
Anyway these replies have given me more thirst for a V8, just like its thirst for gas...
The gas mileage of the V8 definitely sucks, lol. 3 days of my short commute (11 miles one way) and I'm already somehow down to a little more than half a tank. I've averaged 17.2MPG over the last few days. Guess I need to drive slower. Nah.
Sponsored

OP
OP
NickZ

NickZ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2020 Velocity Mustang GT, 2017 Lexus GX460
Vehicle Showcase
The gas mileage of the V8 definitely sucks, lol. 3 days of my short commute (11 miles one way) and I'm already somehow down to a little more than half a tank. I've averaged 17.2MPG over the last few days. Guess I need to drive slower. Nah.
But "smile per gallon"?

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
But "smile per gallon"?
Pretty much infinite. Even when I'm not driving it. I stopped at 7/11 last night and an older gentleman started chatting me up about how nice my car was and asking questions about it. Stuff like that puts you in a good mood.

OP
OP
NickZ

NickZ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Pretty much infinite. Even when I'm not driving it. I stopped at 7/11 last night and an older gentleman started chatting me up about how nice my car was and asking questions about it. Stuff like that puts you in a good mood.
Yeah, lot of guys ask me about my paint which is crimson. But that's another stab that I have to say goodbye after a year...

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Yeah, lot of guys ask me about my paint which is crimson. But that's another stab that I have to say goodbye after a year...
Well you don't HAVE to. Ultimately it's your money, your choice. If you're happy with your EB, I don't see the point of trading. But if you're not? Then go for it. I only passed on the EB because V8 noises, and I already had two turbo 4 cylinder cars before this one. I had my fun with boost.

Sponsored

Vicr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Another thread gone off the tracks.......

TricarboNate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Orange GT
Definitely don't drive a used GT350. It's a big step up from the GT in my opinion. I'm not saying the GT and EB aren't great choices too. I own a GT now. But I still miss my GT350. Best car I ever owned.
This.

I too bought a V6, but eventually traded it in for a GT. Lost 5K by trading it in....just get the GT from the start.

Coloradoeco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 eco pp
if exhaust is important at all to you (for me it was not) then get a GT. I live in an area of a bunch of WRXs, they all sound so terrible. The quieter the eb is the better. Just spend your money on an intercooler and tires and forget the exhaust. That being said the eb is great around town and on the mountain twisties. It will be very strange to go to a Cybertruck after a Mustang but def wont miss dealing with hail.

OP
OP
NickZ

NickZ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
if exhaust is important at all to you (for me it was not) then get a GT. I live in an area of a bunch of WRXs, they all sound so terrible. The quieter the eb is the better. Just spend your money on an intercooler and tires and forget the exhaust. That being said the eb is great around town and on the mountain twisties. It will be very strange to go to a Cybertruck after a Mustang but def wont miss dealing with hail.
Yeah, a bit of regret getting the cat back, not as much improvement as expected, maybe a down pipe help a bit? I'll be putting the dp on soon, but always admire GT's sound...

Sponsored

MidnightGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
If you are truly a “car guy” you will regret not getting a GT and will either spend more money in the long run by trading in or spend money on the EB trying to make it have the power of a GT (which does not sound good at all with exhaust IMO) and ultimately still not be happy.
I think guys who buy EB’s that contemplate GT’s simply can’t afford or do not want to afford GT’s, which is fine, everyone has a budget they should stick to, but if it’s an issue get a year older GT and have fun.
Buy once, cry once.
(Not trying to hurt feelings, just stating my observations/opinions)

OP
OP
NickZ

NickZ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
If you are truly a “car guy” you will regret not getting a GT and will either spend more money in the long run by trading in or spend money on the EB trying to make it have the power of a GT (which does not sound good at all with exhaust IMO) and ultimately still not be happy.
I think guys who buy EB’s that contemplate GT’s simply can’t afford or do not want to afford GT’s, which is fine, everyone has a budget they should stick to, but if it’s an issue get a year older GT and have fun.
Buy once, cry once.
You are certainly right on the part of "spend more money"...

TrinityFL_Eco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Performance Pack
Vehicle Showcase
I really like my eco and like being the underdog. I don't have an issue keeping up with the 5.0s on back roads at all.
Got one guy wanting a new tune on his s550 5.0, probably don't like me on his ass lol

Rick#7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 50 Years Appearance Package
Do you think the GT's front end weight affect handlings alot?
"Alot" is subjective, but my 1st S550 was a base V6, after 3 years and 100k+ miles I traded it for GT. Even with the wider tires and upgraded suspension of the GT, the front end just doesn't seem to turn as quickly. The GT handling feels slightly firmer and more precise, but going into a turn takes a bit more forethought, I turn the wheel and have to let the car take a set before feeling confident with the grip. With the V6 I could turn the wheel and the front end would eagerly go where I wanted.

Having said that, I don't regret buying the GT at all. The benefits of V8 power far outweigh any loss of steering response due to the added weight up front.

Coloradoeco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 eco pp
Buy once, cry once.
Do GT owners regret not buying shelby? I think its more about the person and not the car....some people focus on what they dont have and will never be satisfied.
Sponsored