Sponsored

GT or EB

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Definitely don't drive a used GT350. It's a big step up from the GT in my opinion. I'm not saying the GT and EB aren't great choices too. I own a GT now. But I still miss my GT350. Best car I ever owned.
Sponsored

zworld

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
zane
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Believe me you will regret not getting a GT! You will have a mustang but whenever your around a GT you will regret it. Don't cheap out, I did this once with a v6 mustang, did a ton of mods but I was never going to make it a GT. Spend the extra money and be the proud owner of one of the baddest cars currently on the road.

Stranger706

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT w/Roush SC
I love the EB motors, I put 100k miles on a Focus ST. They are great fun little motors. Lots of torque down low.

But get the GT no question. I would never consider a Mustang or any pony/muscle car without a V8. Its just not the same. The sound is half the reason in the first place.

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
V8 if you can afford it :like:

I love the sound of the V8. I cruise with my windows down just to hear it.

Sponsored

Crowd Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$hitbox
If I didn't already have a turbo car in the garage, I may have considered the EB. I've already gone through the FBO routine with me 135i and it's so fun to drive. Modding a forced induction car is pretty straightforward. Tune, exhaust, intake and you're done. It's fun to do but then you run out of things to do to the engine, It all depends on what your goals are.

With that said, I'm not sure why people think the GT weighs so much more than the Ecoboost. It only weighs about 160 pounds more (3543 vs 3705). This is a small difference, especially when you consider the fact that the stock dyno numbers people are seeing for the Ecoboost is 272hp/290tq at the rear wheels compared to 440hp/400tq for the GT. That's about 8.42 lbs/hp for the GT and about 13.0 lbs/hp for the Ecoboost.

Last edited:
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
If I didn't already have a turbo car in the garage, I may have considered the EB. I've already gone through the FBO routine with me 135i and it's so fun to drive. Modding a forced induction car is pretty straightforward. Tune, exhaust, intake and you're done. It's fun to do but then you run out of things to do to the engine, It all depends on what your goals are.
What tune did you do on that 135i? My dad has a 2008 and I was looking at getting him a Cobb tuner for Christmas since it should have a safe tune.

rebellovw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
I'm so glad I choose the GT - man I would have been full of regert.

Crowd Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$hitbox
What tune did you do on that 135i? My dad has a 2008 and I was looking at getting him a Cobb tuner for Christmas since it should have a safe tune.
MHD tune. I'm running Stage 2+, which puts about 360hp/400tq at the rear wheels.

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
I bought an 18 EcoBoost Premium convertible in July of '19. I paid approximately 60% of the original sticker. My intent was never to race it. It was always going to be my commuter car and fun weekend toy. I chose not to spend 50% more for the 5.0 because I just didn't feel it was something I required. 10 months later and not a bit of regret.
The key is knowing what you want. Find that and you won't regret your decision.

Sponsored

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Another vote for the GT Premium optioned w/ the A10 transmission. With PP1 and MagneRide it's truly a great handling and balanced car with a lot of potential as setup from the factory for day to day driving (not rough or harsh) and twisty road carving. I love taking my kids on twisty road drives - they like it too. It also looks great, and the MagneRide equipped cars are a tad lower than the regular PP1 GTs as well, although that isn't advertised, but there have been pics on here that prove it. The A10 also makes it a very formidable beast, and it punches above it's weight class in acceleration with the 10-speed auto.

Most of the 2018+ Gen3 Coyote engines are underrated at 460 hp. Mine makes well over 460 crank hp bone stock (more like 480 crank hp), and I personally have done 0-60 in 3.80 seconds bone stock with my winter Michelin Sport All season 3+ tires (my summer tires are the stock Michelin pilot sport 4S - very good warm weather tires) and in Sport+ mode w/ auto shifting. I didn't use drag mode for my recent acceleration tests with the all season tires because they spin too much on the 1-2 and 2-3 shifts in drag mode, thus cutting power and killing the acceleration times.

Take it from a former Chevy guy - the 2018+ Mustang GT setup as described above is an awesome car. Even stock the car will be quicker than nearly everything else on the road, and look better than everything short of a C7 Corvette Z06 or GT350/GT500 (my opinion).

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
I bought myself a 2020 GT Premium with, A10, MagneRide, GT Performance package, B&O sound, Ford Safe & Smart package, Enhanced Security package, 401A and Active Exhaust. This car rides beautifully and the Active Exhaust is awesome.
20200504_113315.jpg
20200504_113309.jpg

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
EB wasnā€™t even an option. I have a GT Premium with Performance Pack 1 and the B&O with the 400 package. If I did it all over again Iā€™d look at GT350s first... otherwise this is an amazing car. No active exhaust although I wouldā€™ve took it if it had it I have a MBRP race system on mine.

Nickel

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 Handling Package TR3160 w/Recaros
What you need...is a GTEB...am I right am I right?

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
What can you afford? If you can afford the GT get it. If your budget is so tight that you have to worry about things like fuel costs and insurance. Or the extra 100$ month in payment. Get the EB.
Sponsored