GT or EB

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I miss the knowledge of potency in owning and driving my 2018 GT PP1 coupe, now that I have a 2019 EcoBoost™ convertible. The three-hundred-some-odd horsepower the EB offers is more than anyone needs in anything but a racing car. Both cars invite you to engage in antisocial behavior, and there is something wrong with that. Not everyone can resist the impulse.

If you don't intend to drive the V8 on track, strip, or course, you are communicating something about yourself by choosing one. If that's OK with you, have at it.

If what you want is for observers to see you as a rational being with a sense of style, value, and self-confidence, you might want to choose otherwise.

Either car will be a joy to own and drive, but one of them is much costlier in several important dimensions.

Good luck.
So let me get this straight, youre justifying your EB because of how people perceive you versus a GT? Man, you really got to hate yourself if you let what people will think enter your mind when choosing a car thats for you, bought with your own money. Not only that, but this doesn't even hold water. Non car people don't even know what the difference is, a Mustang is a Mustang to them.

Everyone likes hearing a GT go by even if they wouldn't buy one. But yet mysteriously if you get an EB, you'll hear every 5 seconds until the end of time "why didn't you get the v8". I'm pretty sure the CIA patented that method of torture back in the 80s.

I have literally nothing against the EB, I think it's amazing, but this is definitely the most bizarre reason to justify choosing one that I've ever seen.
Sponsored

Last edited:

whatdoyoufeedit?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red EB A10 (Formerly 2016 3X Yellow V6 M6), 1996 Mercury Cougar XR7 4.6L A4 (Future Coyote swap candidate)
This is not rocket science; fairly quick economical sporty DD for a single guy/gal EB, going fast w/ a higher hp ceiling for growth 5.0.

gnarlycaveman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
it all comes down to how youre going to use it. this question reminds me of the auto or manual question. whats your daily commute? do you have extra money for gas? are you younger and will have higher insurance with a GT? can you drive stick, a stick V8 gets SIMILAR gas mileage as a Eco boost. do you drive like a animal or are you relaxed? do you like passing people on the highway at warp speed? do you always want power every time you press the pedal... get a V8.do you want respect from every guy over 40... get a V8. Like the person said before the Ecoboost is a gateway to wanting a GT. Drive them both for the deals they have now a gt may only be a couple dollars more a month and if you plan on trading it in in a couple years the depreciation is less on a V8. Also saying yee yee before smaking that skinny pedal of a V8 is the most American feeling you'll ever feel EVER !

Get the V8 and don't look back.

gnarlycaveman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
it all comes down to how youre going to use it. this question reminds me of the auto or manual question. whats your daily commute? do you have extra money for gas? are you younger and will have higher insurance with a GT? can you drive stick, a stick V8 gets SIMILAR gas mileage as a Eco boost. do you drive like a animal or are you relaxed? do you like passing people on the highway at warp speed? do you always want power every time you press the pedal... get a V8.do you want respect from every guy over 40... get a V8. Like the person said before the Ecoboost is a gateway to wanting a GT. Drive them both for the deals they have now a gt may only be a couple dollars more a month and if you plan on trading it in in a couple years the depreciation is less on a V8. Also saying yee yee before smaking that skinny pedal of a V8 is the most American feeling you'll ever feel EVER !

Get the V8 and don't look back.
I owned a 15 eco boost 400A package I think it was and now have a 301A package gt and love it.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
If you are worried about handling, quickness, price, and gas mileage buy the EB. My GT is a hog. Just feels heavy on corners, that's with stiff coil overs, and track tires.

But... if you're into raw power, burnouts, rock and roll, mullets, murica, sleeveless rush shirts, shooting off a rack backyard fireworks will smoking a cigar, or getting challenged to flash exhaust battles buy the GT.

Sponsored

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
I think the Ecoboost is a great car but it just wasn't what I wanted for my tastes. My car is just a toy not daily driven at all so when I hit the button it is just for pure pleasure and it never disappoints in that regard. The OP needs to drive both cars and make a decision for himself so he makes the best choice for him. Buyers remorse sucks so be smart in whatever you choose. I am still shocked at just how fast this car is. I came to it from a tuned 2013 Camaro SS that was no slouch by any means and this car just stomps all over it in terms of pure acceleration. And the sound of the Coyote is pure nirvana!

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
When we were shopping for the Mustang I asked my wife if she wanted to get an Ecoboost. She said of course not, we need to get the v8. I think this settles the argument.

Now let's deliberate on manual vs. auto, red vs. blue, and chocolate vs. vanilla.
Auto-blue-vanilla :)

OP
OP
NickZ

NickZ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2020 Velocity Mustang GT, 2017 Lexus GX460
Vehicle Showcase
Lol, I think I would likely to go for gt,,, I'll try it out and see!
I think 10A for sure, because I need it for daily commute, don't know how to dance manual, and not sure if I will like that dance...

OP
OP
NickZ

NickZ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
What can you afford? If you can afford the GT get it. If your budget is so tight that you have to worry about things like fuel costs and insurance. Or the extra 100$ month in payment. Get the EB.
Ehrr, do you know roughly how much more the gt will cost on insurance?

OP
OP
NickZ

NickZ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Truer words could not be said. Do NOT test drive a used GT350 or you will be hooked...it's vehicular crack... Hack is NOT kidding!
Sorry, what you mean by that, GT350 is not yet in my radar, lol,,,

Sponsored

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
Ehrr, do you know roughly how much more the gt will cost on insurance?

I forget but It wasn't a lot and NOT a factor in buying the GT but I did call my insurance company and checked.

FWIW, when I drove the GT it was all over for me. No way could i get a Ecoboost.
Don't get me wrong. Ecoboost had plenty of power but the sound just sucks unless you roll up the windows. Old fart here so there's that. I'm stuck in a time waRP and gotta have V8 :crazy:

ALSO:

Had to be a STICK :clap: All the fun is in that STICK :rockon:

Marsalad

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mazda MX-5
I started with a base Ecoboost PP manual which I kept right up until I found a good enough deal on a base GT PP manual. After having driven both EB and GT, with and without the Performance Package, plus a GT350, my opinion is...

Irrelevant.
Be honest with yourself about what you want and how you are REALLY going to use it, then get the most accurate version of what you want that you can afford.
For me the Ecoboost just didn’t provide what I wanted. The GT350 was more than I could justify spending on a “non-essential” vehicle that won’t even be driven 4-6 months out of the year. The GT PP was perfect. It’s fast, comfortable, affordable (used), and of course it just sounds right. I’ve had people of all ages and both genders stop what they’re doing and just watch me drive by. The only other vehicle I’ve owned that so many people seem to appreciate was a Jeep Wrangler.

Labradog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Guard Metallic
Do you enjoy your car? If yes, I would see what kind of deal you can get buying it out. The US economy is fucked no matter what bullshit the Fed pulls to keep the stock market bubble going. I would be terrified of getting into a brand new car right now unless I had extra money to burn. If you plan on financing a car you better know that your job is secure when there are food bank lines stretched around the block.
Sponsored