N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
I have plenty of enthusiasm when I'm driving mine. And unlike others, I don't drive it like I stole it. Haha.
Sponsored

Jumpmaster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darron
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
2020 GT PP1, Ford Power Pack 2. I drove to see my dad all interstate driving, just a little in town to get to his house. No costing just lazy day sightseeing and this was my round trip MPG.

IMG_2103.jpg

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Edit: also, most of y'all know this, but from the factory the trip computer is often quite inaccurate on the calculated MPG. My "measured" MPG was always 5-6% less (worse) than what the trip computer said.
True - but when you get over 400 miles on a tank it can't be hugely optimistic.

302cui

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt 6sp manual
2016 gt manual 3.31
Best ever 27.1 mpg at 70mph over long (167 miles) steady drive.
Average 21.0 mixed.
Hard driving 14.2

car has 19x10 squared 285 35 tires
Intake, cat back and tune

dfw area

Last edited:

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Here you go.
Special fuel formulas

California’s tough environmental rules mandate that gasoline sold within the state be produced according to strict formulas that reduce pollution. But the gas is more expensive and difficult to produce than dirtier fuel sold elsewhere. Few refineries outside the state are equipped to produce it. What’s more, the state gasoline formula changes twice a year, from a winter recipe to a summer blend designed to retard evaporation during warm-weather months. The summer blend is even more expensive and trickier to make, increasing the chance of refinery mishaps. In addition, refiners try to use up inventories of one type of fuel before the switch to the other type, increasing the risk of price volatility.
California fucking sucks.

Sponsored

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GTPP w/Recaros
Vehicle Showcase
You can adjust the mpg reading on the IPC to be closer to what you really get when manually calculating. Mine is within 1 or 2 tenths after adjustment.

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
2019 GT manual pp1 with the frpp kit installed. It's only ever had 93 in the tank. I get between 19-20 average and have peaked at 26 on a road trip. I usually shift around 3k when cruising around but my engine sees quite a few pulls to redline. I take a jog on the expressway just to be able to spread the wings from first through third.

I don't think I've ever seen anything below 17 mpg.

Nickel

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 Handling Package TR3160 w/Recaros
If you use it as a daily driver and drive down the motorway on CC there is no fun to have other than enjoying a comfortable GT car.
The fun is everybody else usually in slower cars or cars they thought were fast and then getting mad when they can't fly past you with their fart cans. So even on a commute, my inner child still comes out.

ShadesOfBloo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Datsun wagon, '92 240SX, '08 Evo, '20 Mustang GT
16.96 mpg in a GT PP1, 6-speed, doing daily commuting and errands. I have a combination of traffic, stop lights, and stretches where I can do 50mph in 6th gear.

The last couple of tanks I've been resetting "mileage B" when I filled up.
At the last fill-up my display screen said I'd gotten 17.4 miles per gallon for that tank.
I calculated with miles divided by the gallons I just put in, and came up with 16.96 mpg.

On one hand, I was a little peeved about the computer reading high and lying to me.
On the other hand, it's just a difference of 2.6%

It has ~880 miles on it, and maybe the gas mileage will get better when it's broken-in.
Or maybe I'll do more joyriding and it'll get worse. 😅

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
I've seen my MPGs in the 8s and 9s, driving in D.C. traffic.

Sponsored

gamecoc430

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
MPG is so variable depending on driver and conditions it's hard to compare. But I get the results below.

Car: 2018 GT Premium, A10, 3.55 ratio, but not PP
Fuel: Premium
Mode: Normal (97% of the time.)

My normal daily commute is "congested suburban" conditions --a mix of stop and go in heavy traffic, and a little bit of highway speed when I get a break in traffic. 14 or 15 MPG.

Highway trip: 25-26 MPG if I carefully watch my speed (65-70 mph). 23 MPG if I drive at my own pace and dip into the throttle sometimes (75+).

Edit: also, most of y'all know this, but from the factory the trip computer is often quite inaccurate on the calculated MPG. My "measured" MPG was always 5-6% less (worse) than what the trip computer said.
I have a 2017 GT, A6,3.55, not PP. My driving is almost exactly like yours, and so is my milage. Thanks!

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
Who cares? I didn't buy a GT for fuel economy. V8 or bust!

gamecoc430

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
16.96 mpg in a GT PP1, 6-speed, doing daily commuting and errands. I have a combination of traffic, stop lights, and stretches where I can do 50mph in 6th gear.

The last couple of tanks I've been resetting "mileage B" when I filled up.
At the last fill-up my display screen said I'd gotten 17.4 miles per gallon for that tank.
I calculated with miles divided by the gallons I just put in, and came up with 16.96 mpg.

On one hand, I was a little peeved about the computer reading high and lying to me.
On the other hand, it's just a difference of 2.6%

It has ~880 miles on it, and maybe the gas mileage will get better when it's broken-in.
Or maybe I'll do more joyriding and it'll get worse. 😅
You have a way to adjust the milage computations to make the gauge read what you get my manually calculating it. Look in your manual. I manually computed my actual milage numerous times and recorded what the dash gauge said and made the adjustment. Gauge now reads to within .01 MPG from a manual computation.

OP
OP
1emglenn

1emglenn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eugene
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 A10 Roush phase 2
Who cares? I didn't buy a GT for fuel economy. V8 or bust!
Nobody buys a GT for mileage. I just wanted to see if there was anything that explained how some get better mileage than others. So far from the posts I don’t see why some get so much better mileage than others. It’s an enigma. As far as I can tell it has nothing to do with driving conditions, style, or mode. Go figure.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
Nobody buys a GT for mileage. I just wanted to see if there was anything that explained how some get better mileage than others. So far from the posts I don’t see why some get so much better mileage than others. It’s an enigma. As far as I can tell it has nothing to do with driving conditions, style, or mode. Go figure.
Easy to get 30+ if you are driving 60 on fairly flat land with little throttle. I won't do it by choice. Mine can get over 20 on E85 when I need to stretch a fuel stop. I can also get as little as 5 MPG on my short commutes on E85 with a heavy foot.
Sponsored

Last edited: