1emglenn

1emglenn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eugene
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 A10 Roush phase 2
Never heard of CA blending fuel differently than other states - all I could think is maybe a higher ethanol content maybe? That'll tank fuel economy, especially with E85. Another aspect may be elevation and what your route is. Otherwise I'd say you do have a leadfoot lol. I've peeked at some customer's mileage on their stock A10 GT's and I've sen 20-21 mpg, which is roughly what my HPP manual gets around town. Pretty damn good for 460HP on tap.
Here you go.
Special fuel formulas

California’s tough environmental rules mandate that gasoline sold within the state be produced according to strict formulas that reduce pollution. But the gas is more expensive and difficult to produce than dirtier fuel sold elsewhere. Few refineries outside the state are equipped to produce it. What’s more, the state gasoline formula changes twice a year, from a winter recipe to a summer blend designed to retard evaporation during warm-weather months. The summer blend is even more expensive and trickier to make, increasing the chance of refinery mishaps. In addition, refiners try to use up inventories of one type of fuel before the switch to the other type, increasing the risk of price volatility.
Sponsored

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GTPP w/Recaros
Vehicle Showcase
This is California, no long-tube headers allowed. Unless you use it only for the track and don't drive it on the street.
I hear ya. Just wanted to clarify my results.

OP
OP
1emglenn

1emglenn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eugene
Vehicle(s)
Here you go.
Special fuel formulas

California’s tough environmental rules mandate that gasoline sold within the state be produced according to strict formulas that reduce pollution. But the gas is more expensive and difficult to produce than dirtier fuel sold elsewhere. Few refineries outside the state are equipped to produce it. What’s more, the state gasoline formula changes twice a year, from a winter recipe to a summer blend designed to retard evaporation during warm-weather months. The summer blend is even more expensive and trickier to make, increasing the chance of refinery mishaps. In addition, refiners try to use up inventories of one type of fuel before the switch to the other type, increasing the risk of price volatility.
Meant to also tell you that I live in the Coachella Valley it is in the Mojave desert. Most of the valley is right around sea-level, especially where I live. My house is in fact exactly at sea-level and if I drive just a few feet south I'm going below sea-level. To the north it rises gradually for several miles, then you hit the Chocolate mountains and then you are in the high desert.

BEERCHAMP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Around town in Sport +, I get 16.5-17.5 up to 20
I drove from Vegas to Deadwood SD = 1000 miles, set cruise for most of the trip @ 84mpg(tach 1900rpm) I do have 3.15gears.
I got 27.9mpg with 10spd. A few times up to 120+mph. (until I saw all the antelope standing by the road)

Sponsored

OP
OP
1emglenn

1emglenn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eugene
Vehicle(s)
Never heard of CA blending fuel differently than other states - all I could think is maybe a higher ethanol content maybe? That'll tank fuel economy, especially with E85. Another aspect may be elevation and what your route is. Otherwise I'd say you do have a leadfoot lol. I've peeked at some customer's mileage on their stock A10 GT's and I've sen 20-21 mpg, which is roughly what my HPP manual gets around town. Pretty damn good for 460HP on tap.
Meant to also tell you that I live in the Coachella Valley it is in the Mojave desert. Most of the valley is right around sea-level, especially where I live. My house is in fact exactly at sea-level and if I drive just a few feet south I'm going below sea-level. To the north it rises gradually for several miles, then you hit the Chocolate mountains and then you are in the high desert.

OP
OP
1emglenn

1emglenn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eugene
Vehicle(s)
Around town in Sport +, I get 16.5-17.5 up to 20
I drove from Vegas to Deadwood SD = 1000 miles, set cruise for most of the trip @ 84mpg(tach 1900rpm) I do have 3.15gears.
I got 27.9mpg with 10spd. A few times up to 120+mph. (until I saw all the antelope standing by the road)
Don't worry about those antelopes. It's the Jackalopes you have to watch out for.

TopJimmyCooks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Prem PP; 2019 EcoBoost Prem
Vehicle Showcase
I've got to know. Is it just me? Back on 2/14 a thread was posted "Anyone else fed up with consumers reports?" in it people started talking about their mileage around town. They were stating 16.5, 17, even 19. My 16 and 19 aren't that far apart in mileage for me. I get around town 12.5 to 13.5 respectively. Is my foot that heavy?
What I want is for you to tell me your mileage, usual drive mode and the area of the country your at. See if there is some sort of relationship with the demographics. After all here in SoCal we have to pay a premium for our gas because it is refined differently then the gas in other states, (or so they say). Are we being screwed here in CA? And if so, how does this help with the pollution if I'm burning more gas with the same vehicle then those in other states?
Don’t forget taxes. CA pays about $.15-$.30 per gallon more in gas tax at the pump than most any other state. https://igentax.com/gas-tax-state/
https://ww2.energy.ca.gov/almanac/transportation_data/gasoline/margins/index_cms.php

As for mileage...I get 16 around town. I have gotten 28.5 on a long drive with cruise set at 68 in 6th gear. And 5.9 at the track.

OP
OP
1emglenn

1emglenn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eugene
Vehicle(s)
Don’t forget taxes. CA pays about $.15-$.30 per gallon more in gas tax at the pump than most any other state. https://igentax.com/gas-tax-state/
https://ww2.energy.ca.gov/almanac/transportation_data/gasoline/margins/index_cms.php

As for mileage...I get 16 around town. I have gotten 28.5 on a long drive with cruise set at 68 in 6th gear. And 5.9 at the track.
That's the crazy thing. When I go to the track, sure the mpg drops but not that bad in comparison. A day at the track I'll average between 9 and 9.5. But you guys are talking mid-teens and above on the local streets. I never see that.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Don’t forget taxes. CA pays about $.15-$.30
Haha. Here it's 43% of the price of a liter of gas is tax. So right now it's $1.15 49.45 cents of it is tax.

Sponsored
OP
OP
1emglenn

1emglenn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eugene
Vehicle(s)

Right now in California we are paying 50.5 per gallon in tax. Don't know what the amount is in other states. Do know that for a gallon of 91 here it is right now around $4 at Costco. In Texas I think it is around $2.30.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
My long term average is 17.6 mpg. I am always in S mode and 95% of my driving is city and suburban streets under 45 mph. That's lower than the average gas mileage (21) of the previous cars I owned, with very similar performance. But it weighs a lot more.

friedmud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
In my manual 2019 PP1 I’m getting around 15-16 in town - but I’m definitely “spirited” with my right foot right now. On the highway with adaptive cruise, and in Normal drive mode I get about 28-29.

91 is all we have here in the mountains…

XS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I'm in CO at about 5,500 to 6,000 feet.
Mixed city/highway driving is 25mpg. I calculate it myself, I don't trust the gauge in the car.
The worst I've seen is 11mpg.
The best I've seen is 40+mpg (road trip through KS with a strong tail wind - total fluke but really fun to see).
I drive in track mode exclusively.
Sponsored