GT MPG

boos550t

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2016 Premium GT PP Old : 2017 Base GT PP 2015 EB Premium PP @ismgt
I get about 15-17 mpg around town. Depends on how many red lights i hit on my commute. Sometimes they're all green, sometimes every one is red lol. This is also with deceleration in gear and minimal brakes. 3.73 gears.
Sponsored

GeorgeC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
I've got to know. Is it just me? Back on 2/14 a thread was posted "Anyone else fed up with consumers reports?" in it people started talking about their mileage around town. They were stating 16.5, 17, even 19. My 16 and 19 aren't that far apart in mileage for me. I get around town 12.5 to 13.5 respectively. Is my foot that heavy?
What I want is for you to tell me your mileage, usual drive mode and the area of the country your at. See if there is some sort of relationship with the demographics. After all here in SoCal we have to pay a premium for our gas because it is refined differently then the gas in other states, (or so they say). Are we being screwed here in CA? And if so, how does this help with the pollution if I'm burning more gas with the same vehicle then those in other states?
Around the mileage varies greatly I've seen 12-16 around town. Overall in the last 2500 miles of around town and highway driving I've averaged 22. If I get on the highway and keep it under 65 I've gotten as high as 28. If I do the speed limit which is 55 I've gotten as high as 33 but that goes down really fast as soon as I get on the gas a little. I live on Long Island NY which is pretty flat and almost at sea level. Just for the hell of it try driving for gas mileage meaning go as gentle on the gas pedal as possible you will be amazed how good your gas mileage can be these coyote engines are amazing.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
UK gallons, but you guys really are not trying ! That was with the CC set at 80mph over a considerable distance with an average speed close to 70mph for the whole journey. Equates to about 28mpg (US)

20191013_134913.jpg

S550_GTCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT CS
Currently @ 14.8 mpg. I have a 6 min. commute to work, so I'm mostly city driving.
Northern NJ.

Sponsored

SAL-E

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Ruby Red
2019 GT, manual, 3.55 gear.
Mine is a road car. I run mostly interstates and 2 lane highways out in the country. Very minimal traffic. 75mph on the interstate. Desert Arizona. The average over the last several thousand miles in 27. I do not hotrod it, nor do I hypermile.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
In order to do manual calculation you need to know exactly how much fuel is in the tank. There's only 2 ways to do that. Have a device with a PID that reads the exact fuel level, or manually measure the amount of gas in the tank, drive a set distance, drain the tank, and see how much fuel is still there. 1st one is easy to do, 2nd one not so much. That said I did the first one, and the car can predict your mileage just as well as the other 2 methods. The only EXACT one will be the second method.

dx2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1 Velocity Blue
Is it possible to get the fuel level sensor value somehow via Forscan and if so: Would this value be accurate enough to calculate the amount of remaining fuel in the gas tank ?

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Is it possible to get the fuel level sensor value somehow via Forscan and if so: Would this value be accurate enough to calculate the amount of remaining fuel in the gas tank ?
Dunno about forscan but on my Diablosport it shows 31% of 100% capacity

WarmFZI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Convertible
2019 GT, A10, 3.15 gears, usually in normal mode. Haven't reset the MPG in 5000 miles. 24.5MPG mixed driving, live in the Phoenix metro area.

Sponsored

Nickel

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 Handling Package TR3160 w/Recaros
These posts are so funny but I can't help not to chime in!

Average for me is around 16.5. With the 3.73 and that massive over drive 6th, I rarely go to 6th. Try to rip the twisties on almost every drive, even if I have to go somewhere. When I go to Deal's Gap I usually get around 10 mpg if I fill up right before and hammer the piss out of it. I did 25 mpg on the way back once from GA but honestly, if people are averaging over 20, I say you could get more fun out of your car.

Zathras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
MPG is so variable depending on driver and conditions it's hard to compare. But I get the results below.

Car: 2018 GT Premium, A10, 3.55 ratio, but not PP
Fuel: Premium
Mode: Normal (97% of the time.)

My normal daily commute is "congested suburban" conditions --a mix of stop and go in heavy traffic, and a little bit of highway speed when I get a break in traffic. 14 or 15 MPG.

Highway trip: 25-26 MPG if I carefully watch my speed (65-70 mph). 23 MPG if I drive at my own pace and dip into the throttle sometimes (75+).

Edit: also, most of y'all know this, but from the factory the trip computer is often quite inaccurate on the calculated MPG. My "measured" MPG was always 5-6% less (worse) than what the trip computer said.

Last edited:

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
These posts are so funny but I can't help not to chime in!

Average for me is around 16.5. With the 3.73 and that massive over drive 6th, I rarely go to 6th. Try to rip the twisties on almost every drive, even if I have to go somewhere. When I go to Deal's Gap I usually get around 10 mpg if I fill up right before and hammer the piss out of it. I did 25 mpg on the way back once from GA but honestly, if people are averaging over 20, I say you could get more fun out of your car.
If you use it as a daily driver and drive down the motorway on CC there is no fun to have other than enjoying a comfortable GT car.

OP
OP
1emglenn

1emglenn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eugene
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 A10 Roush phase 2
MPG is so variable depending on driver and conditions it's hard to compare. But I get the results below.

Car: 2018 GT Premium, A10, 3.55 ratio, but not PP
Fuel: Premium
Mode: Normal (97% of the time.)

My normal daily commute is "congested suburban" conditions --a mix of stop and go in heavy traffic, and a little bit of highway speed when I get a break in traffic. 14 or 15 MPG.

Highway trip: 25-26 MPG if I carefully watch my speed (65-70 mph). 23 MPG if I drive at my own pace and dip into the throttle sometimes (75+).
Your driving style and related mpg is more what I expected for one to have that mileage. I've tried it myself, driving in normal mode and the shifter in D for a whole tank of gas. Still the best mpg I get is still in the mid to high 14's. I'm sorry... 1 mpg gain isn't enough for me to curb my driving enthusiasm. How these other guys can tool around in Sport+ and even Track and get the mileage they do makes me feel like someone up there doesn't like me.
Sponsored