Sponsored

GT Active Valve Exhaust

Mossberg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP, 2002 Mustang GT
After driving my 02 GT with an off-road Pro Chamber and Flowmasters, I absolutely LOVE having the active exhaust on my 18 GT.

The 02 exhaust sounds better than the 18, but sometimes you don't want to make all of that noise when taking an extended cruise down the highway or answering a phone call.

The 18 AE gives you loud when you want it, but when switched to quiet mode, I can hardly hear any exhaust note while on the highway.

I will likely at most will be deleting the resonator, but I can never go back to a "loud all the time" exhaust after having choices with AE!
Sponsored

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Oxford White Mach 1 Handling Pack
Can you really tell a difference in the sound with the different settings?
Yes. Quiet is very quiet except at cold start but still quieter then not having it set to quiet at cold start. Normal is noticeably louder than quiet for sure. Not as big of a difference between normal, sport, track but there is some. The active part of active valve exhaust also engages if you go WOT the valves will open up and get louder no matter what mode you are in.

Thanks for the feed back. When I watch the YouTube videos I can't tell any difference in the sound with the Active Valve Exhaust.
Most videos are hard to judge for sound. If you decide the active valve exhaust isn't loud enough for you can upgrade with an X or H pipe and you can also do a Borla cat back that works with the active exhaust.

Jazzman0718

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fitz
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback. 2018 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
AE is the best for highway cruising. The comfortable seats plus quiet makes it a "GT" car for real. I keep it in quiet mode until I leave my neighborhood. I've got a guy next door that warms up his motorcycle right at 7pm when I'm trying to get my 2 year old down and I want to smack him. It's so great to blast only when I want to.

spiritrider1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Juan
Vehicle(s)
White 2020 GT Convertible
We got our GT Convertible with AE for my wife who has always loved the mustang V8 sound. She gets all giddy when cold starting. :like: I can also corroborate everyone else's comments. Quiet is amazingly quiet, even with the top down. At first I didn't think there was much difference between the normal, sport, & track modes but as I've driven it for a year now I can definitely tell when each is selected. We usually leave it in normal but occasionally we take a ride top down and let her sing!

The Wolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremiah
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Premium
My 2020 GT Premium came with active exhaust.
Then put the Corsa Extreme system with double X Pipes on it...absolutely love the tone of my exhaust!
Factory sound wasn't bad either.

Sponsored

NASteve

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Price out a quality cat-back right now and figure the cost for AE. If you want to always be loud then a cat-back is the way to go, otherwise I don't ever see a reason not to have AE. I leave at 5 a.m. daily so having it quiet is a plus, but when I come home it's always in track mode.

BlueJay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT
I have it on my car but currently am not using it! Imo is so worth it. Being able to be loud then and quite when you want. It is amazing it was one of the features I wanted. That said all the aftermarket exhaust will be more expensive compared to one without it. Which also means you could have issues cuz it is more technology after all.

dmcg940

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang GT Premium, 94 Mustang GT
Oh, yes you can! Quiet is quiet like the 15-17 stock exhaust. Like a Taurus. Track is seriously loud, like a Borla Sport or a Flowmaster two-chamber with cats. Sport is almost that loud but takes the edges off. That's where I run all the time except when my wife is in the car for long trips. Normal has some voice to it but isn't very loud. Louder than the 15-17 cars, for sure.

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP
Very much so. Night and day difference even from normal to track mode. I have an X pipe waiting to go on as well to get a little more power and a little bit of extra rasp. Absolutely love the active exhaust and I have no reason to want to change it out. Sounds amazing!

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP
Thanks for the feed back. When I watch the YouTube videos I can't tell any difference in the sound with the Active Valve Exhaust.
No video I've seen can do the exhaust notes justice on the Mustangs with AE in my opinion.

Sponsored

mrgooden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I actually set my exhaust to track and pulled the fuse. I'm happy with the volume.

Richard

TomOz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2018 Ruby Red, 5.0 / 10 speed
How much louder is the quiet setting if you replace the resonator with an H-pipe? I live in a town house and my garage shares a wall with my neighbor so I'm already worried it's too loud at 5 AM even in quiet.
I would say Quiet mode with a H-pipe is maybe a little louder than Normal mode with the stock resonator.
Cold starts are definitely louder, even in quiet mode (for the first few seconds).

Full FUBAR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Gt
I have the AE with FP X-pipe , I get complements all the time for the sound of my GT , people think its a After-market kit and are surprised to fine out its stock.
love the quite mode , I leave for work at 0430 in the morning and my neighbors thank me

Brokestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
My neighbor who has a 21 Camaro ss with a nice cam heard me pulling in my driveway with my exhaust in track mode came over wondering what kind of an exhaust I had put on. He was shocked to find out it was stock & said he wished his camaro had sounded that good with the stock exhaust!

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
I would say Quiet mode with a H-pipe is maybe a little louder than Normal mode with the stock resonator.
Cold starts are definitely louder, even in quiet mode (for the first few seconds).
Thanks!. Sounds like I better stick with stock.
Sponsored