Alsuhibani

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Faisal
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2019 gt premium
Hey everyone,

I have a 2019 GT Premium PP1 without an active valve exhaust and I want to upgrade the existing one, is it possible?
It's already equipped with a digital cluster so the configuration can be easily enabled, but what kind of parts that I have to acquire and from where.

Thank you,
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
OP
OP
Alsuhibani

Alsuhibani

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Faisal
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2019 gt premium

mejohn50

Intergalactic Snail
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mitch
Vehicle(s)
slow junk
Thank you but this topic is for mustqngs without digital cluster.
Whatci want is to enable the exhaust mode just like the original.
It’s all in that thread. Get past the first posts and you’ll eventually find it. But from what I understand 2019s have some programming that can’t be done with Forscan and needs to be done by a dealer. There are very few details on that programming, but someone in that thread has had it done.

OP
OP
Alsuhibani

Alsuhibani

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Faisal
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2019 gt premium
It’s all in that thread. Get past the first posts and you’ll eventually find it. But from what I understand 2019s have some programming that can’t be done with Forscan and needs to be done by a dealer. There are very few details on that programming, but someone in that thread has had it done.
actually it's a bit different, but found some guy asking for the same in this thread:
"I would love to be able to add this feature to my 2018. Have you been able to look into seeing how it would attach to the wiring harness without the option from the factory? I know we could easily add the ability in the cluster modifying the AS Built data but I haven’t been able to figure out how it would connect to the ECU. ?"

Sponsored

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
actually it's a bit different, but found some guy asking for the same in this thread:
"I would love to be able to add this feature to my 2018. Have you been able to look into seeing how it would attach to the wiring harness without the option from the factory? I know we could easily add the ability in the cluster modifying the AS Built data but I haven’t been able to figure out how it would connect to the ECU. ?"
Keep reading. It's a long thread, and there is a LOT of information in there.

JR

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Thank you but this topic is for mustqngs without digital cluster.
Whatci want is to enable the exhaust mode just like the original.

Yea, that is THE ultimate Active Exhaust thread and it covers nearly everything anyone needs to know (or is working through) for converting to or adding Active Exhaust to an S550.

It is a long thread, but seriously it has a ton of info.

OP
OP
Alsuhibani

Alsuhibani

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Faisal
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2019 gt premium
Yea, t
Keep reading. It's a long thread, and there is a LOT of information in there.

JR
hat is THE ultimate Active Exhaust thread and it covers nearly everything anyone needs to know (or is working through) for converting to or adding Active Exhaust to an S550.

It is a long thread, but seriously it has a ton of info.
Thanks guys

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 - 2006 GT Convertible
Thanks guys
You'll find that the 2019's have really yet to be proven around being able to successfully complete this mod. Only one person has reported being able to do so and they weren't really able to provide information around what was done to make it happen. Additionally, multiple other 2019 owners have failed in attempting this when it seemed they should be able to install successfully.

I finally gave up and got an awesome catback, no regrets.

Good luck.

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase
I'm guessing a savvy dealer could do this to an '18. Anyone had that experience? What is the cost?

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon
I'm guessing a savvy dealer could do this to an '18. Anyone had that experience? What is the cost?
Depends when and where you buy your parts. If you can get used ones (hard to find) somewhere between 300-400$, New parts I was looking around $1,000 for my EB. But my 2018 has everything required, except the most important relay (so I stopped researching).
Sponsored