ApollosWar89

Analyst
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
In the Market
My opinion. Take the discount and you can always add an aftermarket exahaust Xpipe/etc if you want to improve the stock sound.

I was gung ho on active exhaust too, but very few cars that have it within 100 miles of me are optioned the way I want.

I listened to a bunch of 2018 sound clips and I think a 2018 stock exhaust with an Xpipe is pretty dang good. Don't think I would need much more and I would never use quiet mode anyway.
To save myself 2 minutes. Could you post a link to a clear sound clip?
Sponsored

gmupatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT (Orange Fury), 401A, A10, 3.55
Coming from the person who picked up his GT w/active exhaust recently and has driven 600+ miles. I say get the active exhaust if you want dual personality.

What I love about the active exhaust is that in Quiet Mode, it is truly quiet and you can cruise on the highway or neighborhood streets without bothering anyone. Or if you just prefer to have a quiet ride.

Normal thru Track just gets louder and throatier and I love being able to switch between the modes. I am usually either Quiet or Track, I dont bother with any other setting :D

svtfever

ALEX
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTPP1
Active exhaust is not a must have. I think its nice for long road trips but IMHO it is kinda boomy sounding. With that said, an xpipe fixes all of that and makes it awesome.
[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]id=x6IV3kWskNs;t=25[/MEDIA]"]

hawkbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT Premium PP
I was dead set on the active exhaust also, however I could not find a car with it that I wanted. The standard exhaust sounds pretty good without it....

I don't feel it was a loss at all not getting that. The 401a, pp, safe pack were worth it - I will just take out the suitcase. Save the money and take the discount.

I kind of wish I could have found the orange with the details I wanted, and so does the wife. She was dead set on the orange for us. Oh well Crimson is quite awesome and gets non-stop comments.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ApollosWar89

ApollosWar89

Analyst
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
In the Market
Coming from the person who picked up his GT w/active exhaust recently and has driven 600+ miles. I say get the active exhaust if you want dual personality.

What I love about the active exhaust is that in Quiet Mode, it is truly quiet and you can cruise on the highway or neighborhood streets without bothering anyone. Or if you just prefer to have a quiet ride.

Normal thru Track just gets louder and throatier and I love being able to switch between the modes. I am usually either Quiet or Track, I don't bother with any other setting :D
I take frequent trips between the major cities in Texas so 3-5 hour drives will occur at least a dozen times a year. Adding to that, my place of work is within a highrise office building that is also a Memorial Hermann Cancer center. The parking garage is about 3 stories of patient parking that do consist of elderly, soon to be mothers, and people being treated for many forms of cancer. Although I would love a mean exhaust 100% of the time, given my circumstances it makes sense to have some control of my sound.

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
I take frequent trips between the major cities in Texas so 3-5 hour drives will occur at least a dozen times a year. Adding to that, my place of work is within a highrise office building that is also a Memorial Hermann Cancer center. The parking garage is about 3 stories of patient parking that do consist of elderly, soon to be mothers, and people being treated for many forms of cancer. Although I would love a mean exhaust 100% of the time, given my circumstances it makes sense to have some control of my sound.
Then I would say hold off on one with active exahaust. I have active exahust on my current vehicle and set the sound for track no matter the driving more (touring, sport, track, weather, etc). I also have an Xpipe, but clearly we are dealing with different scenarios.

Active exahust for me on a Mustang is not a must have as I suspect I would leave it on sport or track 99.9% of the time.

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
I leave for work at about 540AM so yeah quiet mode is a must have for me. Awesome exhaust sounds are more annoying than anything else when I am barely awake.

Seatown Stang

HereWeGo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
OP
OP
ApollosWar89

ApollosWar89

Analyst
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
In the Market
So is it typical for a first-year refresh to be a short production year? Is this what is pushing these Ford dealerships to move these 2018 models so quickly with incentives? What month will 2019 ordering begin and the last 2018 be made?

Sponsored
OP
OP
ApollosWar89

ApollosWar89

Analyst
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
In the Market
Active exhaust is not a must have. I think its nice for long road trips but IMHO it is kinda boomy sounding. With that said, an xpipe fixes all of that and makes it awesome.
That does sound great. Nice vid showing all modes prior and post.

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
So is it typical for a first-year refresh to be a short production year? Is this what is pushing these Ford dealerships to move these 2018 models so quickly with incentives? What month will 2019 ordering begin and the last 2018 be made?
Car sales are down and it is winter with bad weather. Mustang's are not going to fly off the lots. For the record some of these dealer who are offering $7K+ have a lot of fine print. The one just above is offering $1500 financing rebate through the dealer only (and if the interest rate is high then the $1500 is a wash or a loss). They also have a $1500 trade in incentive which means they will likely lowball your trade. You also have to watch for things like dealer fees and add-ons that are not posted on the internet site.

Realisitically most dealers are offering $3-5K off a Mustang. If you can do better than $5K off a 2018 without a bunch of clauses then you are doing good.

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
Car sales are down and it is winter with bad weather. Mustang's are not going to fly off the lots. For the record some of these dealer who are offering $7K+ have a lot of fine print. The one just above is offering $1500 financing rebate through the dealer only (and if the interest rate is high then the $1500 is a wash or a loss). They also have a $1500 trade in incentive which means they will likely lowball your trade. You also have to watch for things like dealer fees and add-ons that are not posted on the internet site.

Realisitically most dealers are offering $3-5K off a Mustang. If you can do better than $5K off a 2018 without a bunch of clauses then you are doing good.
Yup, and the $5k off is basically X-plan plus the $1,500 cash back. They are not likely going to stack x-plan discounts on top of their dealer discounts.
Sponsored