2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
A while back I did my first lift with a quick Jack and it was an unsafe situation. The front of the car is significantly heavier than the rear much more so than the GT 350. This caused the back of the rails to almost lift up off the quick Jack.

It also did not help that pinch welds were digging into the rubber blocks.

I ended up getting some pinch weld aluminum blocks to go on top of the rubber standoffs.

This time lifting the car I went as far forward on the pinch weld as I could. I offset the quick Jack further forward than I normally do to place more of the front car weight on the quick Jack. That seems to have helped significantly , the car seems stable and is no longer sketchy.

Just figured I’d throw it out there for anyone who is considering using the quick Jack. Be careful with the jack position and weight distribution on this car.

I wish you safe jacking. ( get you mind out of the gutter )

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
I absolutely Love my Quick Jacks. Fast, Quiet, Extremely Safe and stable. I have BMR Jack Rails and Use the Quick Jack 7000lbs. Is it just the angle or does it look like your car is to far forward on the quick Jack? I know for the 4k-5k Quick Jacks they offer I think extensions so the weight distribution can be more centered. Good Luck
GT 2.jpg
GT 3.jpg
GT 4.jpg

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
I saw the same thing, user says his QJ is the 5000 series SLX or EXT, not mentioned. But it looks short, to me also. Maybe an optical illusion ....... ?

Mustangs wheel base are 107.1", my car being a GT sits centered using the 5000-TLX :question:

OP
OP
EF300

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
I saw the same thing, user says his QJ is the 5000 series SLX or EXT, not mentioned. But it looks short, to me also. Maybe an optical illusion ....... ?

Mustangs wheel base are 107.1", my car being a GT sits centered using the 5000-TLX :question:
hey my quick jack is the 5000 SLX

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
hey my quick jack is the 5000 SLX

I was thinking that could be the case, myself having used the 5000EXT. Never experience the problem you're posting about.

Should not have problems with the balance of the car. As I see it the 5000 series are well suited for the Mustang.

I don't know what the difference maybe SLX > EXT. But there is something going on.

Using the SLX model, questioning the cars balance, is saying some thing. The jack pictured, looks to the untrained eye to be physically challenged.

Is all

Sponsored

raidernixon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 & 16 GT; 20 GT500 CFTP; 21 Mach 1
I have been using the Quickjack BL-7000EXT model extensively for the past year and it has worked flawlessly with the 500. Never felt sketchy or off balance...but it also looks like the EXT has a longer overall base.

20211003_163404.jpg

20210116_143513.jpg

OP
OP
EF300

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
I have been using the Quickjack BL-7000EXT model extensively for the past year and it has worked flawlessly with the 500. Never felt sketchy or off balance...but it also looks like the EXT has a longer overall base.

20211003_163404.jpg

20210116_143513.jpg

oh man ….

5B98C81C-34B9-412B-B5FC-F04C83F1F32A.jpeg

raidernixon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 & 16 GT; 20 GT500 CFTP; 21 Mach 1
oh man ….

5B98C81C-34B9-412B-B5FC-F04C83F1F32A.jpeg
Tell me about it. Got tired of dealing with the @$$holes at the Pasadena police department. They get themselves off on issuing front plate citations. Ask me how I know . It's a stonsho removable mount.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
It's not about me, it's that the QJ never had a chance with you because you didn't follow the directions. Then you're just picking things apart after.. We have have opinions and you're entitled to one too.. But your game was rigged.

Weight, it has wheels. Size? It takes up something like a third of the space in the photo you just posted. Really poor example on your part. Bleeding the system? You do it once (correctly) and you're done.. I've had mine for years now.

Then you keep misdescribing the locking mechanism, now we're down to "some spot welds and 2 bolts".. Not even close. Square steel stock

"ongoing maintenance checks" - Does it have enough air? 🤣 What? I don't even know if we're talking about the same thing at this point.

A buddy has one of those at a wheel and tire shop, really sick unit given your desired portability.
I’m with ya here. I have my wall hooks mounted exactly as you described so not a lot of effort is required to get them on or off the hooks. I bled them multiple times just to be safe and have had zero issues with them raising at separate rates or pausing. In fact the only issue I’ve had is a leaky fitting as I didn’t have a long enough wrench to torque it properly.

As for safety, I put two jack stands under the end of the car I’m working on, but I’ve never felt I needed them.

kcobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500, Base w/tech, black roof, vinyl stripes
Tell me about it. Got tired of dealing with the @$$holes at the Pasadena police department. They get themselves off on issuing front plate citations. Ask me how I know . It's a stonsho removable mount.
I have the Craig's Custom no drill bracket. Totally his best one out of all he designed for the Mustangs. Taped bracket that is hidden and you can install and uninstall the license plate in literally 1 minute. Works well and highly recommended.

Sponsored

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon
Think I am gonna order the 5000TL. They have em all $200 off till 12/31 on the quickjack site.

Just ordered got the 5000TL, then noticed the 5000TLX. Think I will be fine with the TL?

Last edited:

kcobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Think I am gonna order the 5000TL. They have em all $200 off till 12/31 on the quickjack site.

Just ordered got the 5000TL, then noticed the 5000TLX. Think I will be fine with the TL?
Yes.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Just some tips to consider.

I can same you both some mess. Build the jacks in the shipping box & leave them. Then bleed, using a rag after bled not very efficient. As the picture shows.

IMG_0674.jpeg

Bled the jacks 3 times before they both stayed in sync. Only bleeding the 1 that was behind, lagging.

You will read that once all the air is out. Raise again, open the bleeder full. Hit the up button quick shot, notice only hyd fluid is seen. Work one jack at a time KISS.

Without touching a thing close the bleeder, 100% bled. If I were to do this again, I would use anything other than the blocks for support.

They work ok but were a frigging pia to remove the hyd fluid. Another same item, lowering the jacks, always, give the down button a second push when down.

It will relieve the line pressure, the quick disconnect will pop right off.

If you find you are fighting it and have the detent of the collar & housing aligned.

The line pressure is the problem, push the down button again.

kcobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I followed recommended instructions from manufacturer and everything worked perfect. Just my experience.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
kcobra said:
I have the Craig's Custom no drill bracket. Totally his best one out of all he designed for the Mustangs. Taped bracket that is hidden and you can install and uninstall the license plate in literally 1 minute. Works well and highly recommended.
Perfectly prepped and installed, the Craig's bracket adhesive failed me and dumped my front plate on the road somewhere. I didn't have much long term faith and I was right. Researching, I saw others with similar complaints that were always met with "you probably didn't clean the area well enough" or "it must have been too cold when you installed it." No, small squares of two way tape only last so long in the real world. I now use a Sto-N-Sho as well. The mechanical mount is low profile and robust. The quick release is icing on the cake.

20200526_184033-2-X2.jpg
Sponsored