Sponsored

2020 GT500 and a quick alignment

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I had driven the car one time - the 1,000 mile trip home in January from Missouri to NY. Since then all I've done (when it wasn't below freezing in my unheated shop) is a few mods here and there. The sun made an appearance and motivated me to get the car ready to drive again. I wasn't interested in driving the car until I knew it was aligned properly after the CFTP spring install. So yesterday I strung the car for toe and made a camber adjustment. I made a quick video just before I put everything away as the sun was going to start its downward arc soon and I wanted to get the hell on the road.

To recap, I ended up with:

Front - 1/16" toe in, -1.25* camber
Rear - 1/8" toe in, -1.75* camber

Specs from the 2020 GT500 Supplemental Manual

zzz%20GT500%20alignment%20from%20Supplemental%20Manual-XL.jpg

So this was the first time I have driven the car since doing the resonator delete, CFTP springs/rear sway bar, caliper studs, Ford camber plates, Beith steering wheel, FP rear seat delete, etc.

**** me, this ****ing thing is a ****ing animal!:) The shotgun pops emitted in Track and Sport mode on up/downshifts are utterly badass. I finally got to experience how aggressive the DCT was and how it changes its shift schedule depending on the mode you've chosen. This shit eating grin won't go away. The car tracks perfectly straight and true. And no ride height errors, etc, after the spring change. And getting in and out of the car with it running without having to listen to the uber-annoying double horn honk was priceless.

A few shots from yesterday, and please excuse the front plate as I'm in NY and it's "for my safety." Definitely going to come up with a cleaner solution.

IMG_6771-2-X2.jpg

IMG_6775-2-X2.jpg

IMG_6778-2-X3.jpg

IMG_6812-2-X3.jpg

IMG_6833-2-X3.jpg

Something else...I wasn't happy with the exhaust tip alignment and I bailed on playing games with various clamps in the system and cut the mufflers off, reclocked them and welded them back up again. I brought them up slightly to in comparison to how many sit stock.

20200424_175324-XL.jpg

IMG_6857-2-X4.jpg

On to the next mod. I love this thing.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
You do alignments too??? You are amazing buddy, and wow the car looks stunning as well.

OP
OP
Epiphany

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I suppose it looks kinda blank, or empty compared to some of the other, more rich hues available. But after having a Race Red GT350, I was looking for something that might slip by unnoticed. A ghost to the eye, if you will. Certainly not to the ear though.:)

Thanks for the kind words.

US HWY 666

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R
I suppose it looks kinda blank, or empty compared to some of the other, more rich hues available. But after having a Race Red GT350, I was looking for something that might slip by unnoticed. A ghost to the eye, if you will. Certainly not to the ear though.:)

Thanks for the kind words.

OP
OP
Epiphany

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
giphy.gif
Sponsored