Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford raptor. 2019 GT 350 R Black red pinstripe. 1948 Ford 4 door sedan. 1973 stingray corvette.
  • Banned
I know this has been discussed, but I wanted to just ask some questions in regards to GT 500 overall owner happiness and satisfaction since purchasing a GT 500, especially the owners who own both a GT 350/350 R and a GT 500 or have real driving experience with both.

The Ford dealership that I do business with just got the allocation for a GT 500 CFTP 2021. This will most likely be the only CFTP in the state I live in for 2021. It took them since late 2019 to get this allocation. I have been asking the GM about this for about 12 months.

So I have been really interested in ordering a GT 500 CFTP since June of last year, but it was in question as to whether ford would give them the allocation. Well last week Ford gave them the allocation. So I went on fords website to spec out the car and I was thrown off guard by the new carbon fiber handling PACKAGE that is now being offered.

When I spec'd the GT 500 OUT fully loaded with a vinyl stripe and CFTP the price is $ 97,500.00 and the carbon fiber handling package is $ 88,000.00. So now I am confused. I will not be tracking the car, although it might get tracked once or twice. I currently own A GT 350 R and I paid MSRP for it and I believe it was worth every penny to pay the additional over the base GT 350, especially when you consider the way the GT 350 R is already retaining it's value on the used market and the very low production numbers of the GT 350 R, I really love the R !

This leads to my long winded question, is it worth paying the $ 18,000.00 for the CFTP and the exclusivity, and will it retain it's value like the GT 350 R ? If it will not retain it's value, I am I better off just buying the new carbon fiber handling package ? Is the CFTP overkill if you are not tracking the GT 500 on a regular basis ?

The other problem I have where I live is most, not all, the local People HATE cars like the GT 350 R and I get alot of nasty dirty looks, especially going buy people walking or if they are outside their homes when I drive buy. The other problem is that since last summer when our state starting opening up again the cops are EVERYWHERE, because my state lost billions on the shut down due to the lack of tourism. As far as the local people HATING sports cars where I live , unfortunately my area of the state has been taken over by tree huggers and liberal elitists and Shelby mustangs are public enemy number 1. It got so bad last summer that I almost sold the GT 350 R.

Sorry about the long winded question, Thank You.
Sponsored

OP
OP

RedRaptorME

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford raptor. 2019 GT 350 R Black red pinstripe. 1948 Ford 4 door sedan. 1973 stingray corvette.
  • Banned
The other issue that is starting to bother me is all the quality problems that I am reading about coming from the factory.

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
If your after exclusivity , consider a CFHP car with painted stripes. That is going to be one rare snake.

Last edited:
OP
OP

RedRaptorME

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
  • Banned

Kingkong

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE, Hellcat Charger
If you’re not tracking the car I would just go with the base and spend the money you save on after market wheels. Im in Canada but all the boys I know that bought the CFTP, first thing they did was take the carbon wheels off as soon as they got home...... didn’t want any damage on them......

for the most part the car is pretty dependable I think. Ofcourse there will be some issues but from the cases I’ve seen Ford takes care of all the problems.

For the big GT4 wing, the GT500 looks good with or without one so your choice on that.

As for the rarity, I see both equal amount of base and CFTP everywhere but the CFTP will be more desirable at the end of the day.

now with the tree huggers......don’t really know what to say, but there’s going to be haters anywhere you go so buy what you like!

Sponsored

Ablaze

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2020 TO CFTP, 2013 SBY Boss 302
If you can swing the CFTP at or close to MSRP, I would get it. I try not to beat myself up or nickle and dime over a vanity purchase. Life is short.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Whatever your gut says, go with it. And enjoy every minute of it regardless of others' perception. This is about you, not them.

dps

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 Heritage Edition; 2021 GTS 4.0
These vehicles have options and packages that speak to each of us a bit differently. I like the stock spoiler/wing - just cleaner/classic - but that is my preference - not yours. Cold starts are always a bit loud, but I can get in and out of my neighborhood (if i want :)) without disturbing too many. Follow your own preferences - not others.

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
Which one do you like best? Get that one...and I’d also be tempted to slap a small ecoboost emblem on her somewhere, and then at least a catback :)

Sponsored

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
If $ were no issue, get the CFTP. Rareity and value retained. If you seriously track the car, id say even 2-3 year, get CFTP.
Had an allocation eve been available to me, I wouldnt have done it since $ is an issue and i dont track the car, and have a young child, so most of the CFTP would have been a waste for actual usage. I did/do/ would have done painted stripes however.

JeremyPro5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 & 2018 GT350R
Have both and the 350R is way more fun from a driving perspective. Sound and tranny make driving interesting without needing to go ungodly fast.

From a pure car standpoint the 500 is way more car and more capable on and off track. Handling is there as a carryover from the 350 and may even be a bit better. Power is hands down much better. But on the street how fast are you really going to go, at least most of the time.
From a tree hugger perspective, who cares they both burn fuel but the 500 burns it at an awe inspiring rate that would only make oil companies happy. The real issue I have from a drive around town point of view is the 500 does it all for you, sure you can paddle shift but it’s not the same as a stick.

I’m very lucky and have both. I don’t need to decide which kid I love more and will keep. At least not yet.
Sponsored