Girlfriend mode toggle?

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
Anybody else with kiddos cringe a little? I got a ticket for doing 35 in a 20mph school zone once. Can't imagine what might happen if the crossing guard caught up to one after a buck 20 buzz of the bus line. Hoping you can keep it to 60 or less next time... in all seriousness, be safe out there. Cars can be replaced, but we, and or our kids, cannot. 😉
School and residential zone are the only place I do the speed limit. Anywhere else all bets are off!
Sponsored

ShadesOfBloo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Datsun wagon, '92 240SX, '08 Evo, '20 Mustang GT
My girlfriend didn't know that some cars were loud on purpose. The first time she heard one of my cars she thought "Oh, that poor guy can't afford a muffler." 🙄

Since then she has been on an autocross course with me. She might have even noticed my car is one of the "quiet" ones. 😄

With her "girlfriend mode" means "She drives her own car, because she gave up on learning mine." 😅

Last edited:

Sponsored

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I am in my later 40's and my gf is a younger millennial. She cant drive a manual transmission, so i never have to have that conversation about driving that car lol
That must be refreshing every girl I meet first question is can I drive your Mustang. I always tell them that we need to know each other way more to let them drive my car.

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP
That must be refreshing every girl I meet first question is can I drive your Mustang. I always tell them that we need to know each other way more to let them drive my car.
Unless they're driving something somewhat similar and are going to let me take theirs for a rip, otherwise I agree with your statement.

PC_GUARD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP1
I'd immediately ask if they have any hot friends I can test drive lol 😆

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Anybody else with kiddos cringe a little? I got a ticket for doing 35 in a 20mph school zone once. Can't imagine what might happen if the crossing guard caught up to one after a buck 20 buzz of the bus line. Hoping you can keep it to 60 or less next time... in all seriousness, be safe out there. Cars can be replaced, but we, and or our kids, cannot. 😉
Pretty sure he was embellishing to make a point :p

If you have ever been through a school zone in my town you would realize that people should go back to driving school... They don't even know how to pick up their own kids.

Plus, I'll be honest here. I go around (school zones) them now and don't pick up my own kids because here, it's a 1/2 mile line of dumbasses who can't drive. I normally like to put the car in Neutral while I've been sitting there for 20 minutes for the dipshit turning left into the school and rev it once.. Loud. The kids love it.. Parents? Fuck em. Learn to drive... And yes, I'm a parent, and no, I didn't cringe :p It would be unpossible to hit any speed over 10mph at the nearest 20 schools to me when kids are actually in said school zone.

When I met my wife she complained my car was an auto. When I brought the Stang home she asked if I bought a manual.. I think she may have taken my man card away for awhile because I said no...

Sponsored

ajsfirehawk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2023 EG M6 Mach 1 ordered. 12/1; Received 2/3
Maybe there should be a Her Mode to go with My Mode? (with levity) Mrs J of 42 years can drive a stick with the best of them. Her license plate "SPDY ME"

Farkel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT Premium PP1, 2012 Jeep JK, 2022 Harley 48
I just take the wife's car when we want to go somewhere together. It gets better gas mileage, is more comfortable, and has a smoother ride. Plus, she doesn't have the opportunity to complain about my car (not that she would, I had a mustang when we met).
I used to do the same thing many years ago. Back then, mine was an '05 SSR.
2022-01-28_044109_remastered.jpg

Paul McWhiskey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium w/PP
To date my wife has never driven my Mustang. Hates how loud it is. However, she can drive the hell out of the Dodge Cummins six-speed 4x4. And she has driven the wheels off of everything that we have ever owned. So, i am relenting finally and will be installing a new Solo cat back in the next few weeks.

Oh, Hell NO! Not so that she can drive it. Just so that she will ride with me!