Sponsored

Girlfriend mode toggle?

RTFM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 premium 6MT ER
Ironically she RIPS it in the driver seat. This post was 99% for lighthearted fun on the subject. I'd say I drive "normally" with her 4/5 days of the week we're in the same car
Riii-iiiight. She is now lurking around this forum, isn’t she?
Sponsored

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
Does anyone else sometimes drive in the wet/snow mode with their significant other in the car? For some reason at times she can find my car "loud" and "scary" when I'm "driving 120 miles an hour in a school zone." Whatever that means.

When we're in a light driving mood, she sometimes wants the vibe of a Corolla so I turn the active exhaust to quiet and turn on wet/snow mode to cut power and harsh shifting. Only sometimes though depending on her mood. Does anyone else use wet/snow mode the way I do?
NO. as I don't want my wife to like the car too much, Or I'll never see the keys again. Best she like the look of it, but not the sports car tight shifting and stiff ride and sound out the pipes. Doesn't stop her from driving it , just she rather take the softer riding car ,quieter vehicle.

Magnetic Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Possibly a 'stupid question', but the 'mild-mannered-ness' of the Wet/Snow mode, is everyone referring to automatic transmissions?, or does this pertain to the manual as well (via throttle 'interaction')...thanks.
Manuals too. It adjusts the throttle response. Throttle is a lot less responsive.

f00man

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang M1 HP
I don't want to be an alarmist, but when a broad starts complaining about you or things about you, there's something else going on (might be interested in someone else). She might be looking for excuses in her mind to justify a behavior. This is specially true if this is new behavior all of the sudden. Just a friendly FYI.

I've never had a woman complain about the exhaust sound, I've actually had compliments on it. It is the stock exhaust, and usually on quiet or normal tho.

Sponsored

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
I am in my later 40's and my gf is a younger millennial. She cant drive a manual transmission, so i never have to have that conversation about driving that car lol
She can't drive manual. You need to ditch that one.

DandeeLioness

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dandee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium
Just gonna sneak a lil estrogen into this comment chain lol

Almost everything boils down to trust with women. How they go about conveying that notion is entirely personal to the individual, of course — some nag, cry, b!tch and moan, whine, backseat drive, etc. The reason behind it is always the same, however — they’re just scared.

I was recently chatting with a car guy via a dating app and I asked him about his track experience, how long he’d been driving powerful cars, had he installed any performance mods on his cars, etc. And I won’t lie, part of my line of questioning wasn’t just to establish common interests and learn more about his passions, it was also to gauge how much I would trust this person if I were in the passenger seat — because there’s no way I’d miss out on driving with a more experienced person that can offer some fun thrills (and potentially teach me to drive stick haha)!

Like most of you guys, I prefer being the driver because I like to be in control. And I can’t fully relinquish that control as a passenger if I don’t trust the person behind the wheel, basically. So my vibe is that most women need to feel safe with men and the more positive experiences guys rack up when driving with their ladies, the more that trust in them SHOULD grow over time.

Buuuut there are definitely some women (and men, to be fair) who are simply too high-strung, not cut out for thrills and guttural exhaust volumes, and who may be better off finding partners that stick to 110-140 HP sedans. There’s nothing wrong with that and I’d personally prefer knowing that up front anyway when gauging long term relationship compatibility.

For me personally? I’m definitely hoping I find a local car guy someday — only I won’t be riding with him in his car, but beside him in mine. 😎 Problem solved!

43431261-B9B0-4A2A-8F0E-DF6D895675CC.gif

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP
Possibly a 'stupid question', but the 'mild-mannered-ness' of the Wet/Snow mode, is everyone referring to automatic transmissions?, or does this pertain to the manual as well (via throttle 'interaction')...thanks.
I believe it affects both manual and auto transmissions. It changes how the computer interacts and picks up on throttle and amount of throttle applied. Someone somewhere on here had a pretty good graph that showed the difference between all the drive modes. I want to say that normal/track/drag mode ALL have actual throttle application based off where you have the throttle positioned. Sport/sport+ it is something like 20+ more throttle than you are actually applying to the car. Wet/snow is 20+ or less throttle based off throttle position or somewhere in that area. It's all in the computer and output.

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP
Just gonna sneak a lil estrogen into this comment chain lol

Almost everything boils down to trust with women. How they go about conveying that notion is entirely personal to the individual, of course — some nag, cry, b!tch and moan, whine, backseat drive, etc. The reason behind it is always the same, however — they’re just scared.

I was recently chatting with a car guy via a dating app and I asked him about his track experience, how long he’d been driving powerful cars, had he installed any performance mods on his cars, etc. And I won’t lie, part of my line of questioning wasn’t just to establish common interests and learn more about his passions, it was also to gauge how much I would trust this person if I were in the passenger seat — because there’s no way I’d miss out on driving with a more experienced person that can offer some fun thrills (and potentially teach me to drive stick haha)!

Like most of you guys, I prefer being the driver because I like to be in control. And I can’t fully relinquish that control as a passenger if I don’t trust the person behind the wheel, basically. So my vibe is that most women need to feel safe with men and the more positive experiences guys rack up when driving with their ladies, the more that trust in them SHOULD grow over time.

Buuuut there are definitely some women (and men, to be fair) who are simply too high-strung, not cut out for thrills and guttural exhaust volumes, and who may be better off finding partners that stick to 110-140 HP sedans. There’s nothing wrong with that and I’d personally prefer knowing that up front anyway when gauging long term relationship compatibility.

For me personally? I’m definitely hoping I find a local car guy someday — only I won’t be riding with him in his car, but beside him in mine. 😎 Problem solved!

43431261-B9B0-4A2A-8F0E-DF6D895675CC.gif
To bad you're in Georgia 😆 :crying:

Sponsored

DandeeLioness

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dandee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
Does anyone else sometimes drive in the wet/snow mode with their significant other in the car? For some reason at times she can find my car "loud" and "scary" when I'm "driving 120 miles an hour in a school zone." Whatever that means.

When we're in a light driving mood, she sometimes wants the vibe of a Corolla so I turn the active exhaust to quiet and turn on wet/snow mode to cut power and harsh shifting. Only sometimes though depending on her mood. Does anyone else use wet/snow mode the way I do?
Not an issue for me. Wife's mom had a Cobra in her teens, and wife had a GT in her 20's. When Im at work sometimes she uses my car for an errand (I drive something else to work) and she knows the only rule is "drive it like you stole it".

Bullittproof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Premium Fastback - Race Red !
I believe it affects both manual and auto transmissions. It changes how the computer interacts and picks up on throttle and amount of throttle applied. Someone somewhere on here had a pretty good graph that showed the difference between all the drive modes. I want to say that normal/track/drag mode ALL have actual throttle application based off where you have the throttle positioned. Sport/sport+ it is something like 20+ more throttle than you are actually applying to the car. Wet/snow is 20+ or less throttle based off throttle position or somewhere in that area. It's all in the computer and output.

thanks, VERTEX, I will have to check it out, paying close attention to the variances.

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP
thanks, VERTEX, I will have to check it out, paying close attention to the variances.
Anytime, and if i can find the thread later for this I will share it with you so you can check it out.

y2ksilverbullit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 GT 5M, 2001 DHG Bullitt, 2015 GT 50 YR LE A6
"driving 120 miles an hour in a school zone."
Anybody else with kiddos cringe a little? I got a ticket for doing 35 in a 20mph school zone once. Can't imagine what might happen if the crossing guard caught up to one after a buck 20 buzz of the bus line. Hoping you can keep it to 60 or less next time... in all seriousness, be safe out there. Cars can be replaced, but we, and or our kids, cannot. 😉
Sponsored