Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
My wife can't drive a stick, which means she leaves my car alone! :like:
My wife's jeep is manual so she's pretty damn good at it. She drove my mustang a few times when it was stockish and had fun getting on it. Plus i knew she wouldnt do anything dumb and wreck it since it would cost her too. She won't touch it now. Too much power. It scares the shit out of her!
Sponsored

KB_210

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT Grabber Blue A10
Does anyone else sometimes drive in the wet/snow mode with their significant other in the car? For some reason at times she can find my car "loud" and "scary" when I'm "driving 120 miles an hour in a school zone." Whatever that means.

When we're in a light driving mood, she sometimes wants the vibe of a Corolla so I turn the active exhaust to quiet and turn on wet/snow mode to cut power and harsh shifting. Only sometimes though depending on her mood. Does anyone else use wet/snow mode the way I do?
Wow, funny. I drove in Snow/Wet mode to see what kind of economy i can get and figure out if driving slow is worth the extra fuel mileage. I was out yesterday with the GF driving around and she said I was giving her anxiety driving so slow just following the flow of traffic lol. Well anyway to conclude that test, the readout said 17.4 and I hand calculated 15.4 so it was off by 2 MPG. My normal driving is about 12 mpg so I concluded that an extra $10 every tank is worth being able to take off with the rest of traffic and use my paddles to downshift at stops. Also adjusted my AFE in engineering test mode. I know way off topic but just thought it was hilarious that we are on the opposite end of things.

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
I’m looking for a girlfriend who shrieks with delight when I put the spurs to it and always wants the full convertible experience (windows and wind blocker down). As for my wife, she gives the look at anything more than 1/4 throttle, and wants the windows and wind blocker up over 70 kph.

Beaujangles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Ok, I couldn't resist any longer...I am one of the luck ones, my wife of 34 years was a"preowned model" that came complete with a Corvette and a Sheepdog and knew how to bang gears...when we got a CTS-V the first thing she said was this car is too quiet, needless to say I fixed that problem with a cat back and a CAI...She and the V are both gone now, but I'm sure she would really like the Bullitt in Track.

Sponsored

Meggsie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang MY19 GT MT82D4 Premium Coupe (Euro RHD)
I believe it affects both manual and auto transmissions. It changes how the computer interacts and picks up on throttle and amount of throttle applied. Someone somewhere on here had a pretty good graph that showed the difference between all the drive modes. I want to say that normal/track/drag mode ALL have actual throttle application based off where you have the throttle positioned. Sport/sport+ it is something like 20+ more throttle than you are actually applying to the car. Wet/snow is 20+ or less throttle based off throttle position or somewhere in that area. It's all in the computer and output.
Pulled this down off MUSTANG6G.com. Don't know who posted it or forum but I thank him/her.

Normal/Wet/Track

Throttle Pedal Mapping.png

Last edited:

KJZ28

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KevinJoyce.HoulihanLawrence.com
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT SP1
The MPG is a definitely a huge noticeable difference, when I'm lazy I stretch a quarter tank for a few extra days in that mode
The snow mode is amazing for gas mileage. Even with the manual its a huge difference. I was able to achieve (displayed on dash, which I know is generous by about 2mpg) 30mpg. Sorry for blurry photo, cheap phone, dark conditions, bumpy road...tons of excuses lol.
20221126_203432.jpg

Nightmonkey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jens
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt
The MPG is a definitely a huge noticeable difference, when I'm lazy I stretch a quarter tank for a few extra days in that mode
I'm going to try it out too, just to get the experience!

paulm1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
pau
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT mustang
I drive in snow/wet mode most of the time. Here in northeast PA in the wintertime if the roads aren't wet/icy/snowy the sand/salt mix my township throws down is just as slippery after it dries. I bought this car to drive, not look at in the garage. the ABS/traction control/stability control on wet mode is as good as any other car/truck I've had for keeping you out of the ditch.

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016
When I shift down to 4th or 3rd gear on the Hwy with my supercharged GT, GF knows what's next.. "please don't.." she goes, and I give her the Arnold Schwarzenegger stare.. 😅
Sponsored