Getting in shape

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Runner12, Jan 9, 2015.

1. drabon74

drabon74 Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2018 GT Premium 401a
    0   0   0
    I do crossfit, MMA, BJJ. Keeps me in great shape and as a bonus its awesome self defense.
    This is my gym, check it out.

WWW.fitnessedgemma.com

2. Tamadrummer88

Tamadrummer88 Finicky

First Name:
    John
    Vehicle(s):
    2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
    0   0   0
    Probiotics help out ALOT. Especially if you're eating very large meals to bulk. You may wanna get some Digestive Enzymes to help digest all that food, or else you'll run into acid reflux (trust me, you DO NOT WANT THAT)

3. Marino

Marino Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    Moped
    0   0   0
  4. drabon74

drabon74 Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2018 GT Premium 401a
    0   0   0
    Everyone should take them. They got me off prilosec and a host of othe PPI's which is terrible for the body.
    Muscletech makes an iso whey protien powder that contains digestive enzymes, pretty good stuff. I liked it just as much as i did Optimum Nutrition hydro whey(which cost almost double)

5. Nightblue3

Nightblue3 Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium PP
    0   0   0
    I just renewed my Playstation Plus subscription....getting my wallet in shape :D

Bran2TheDon likes this.
  6. DanielLee5

DanielLee5 Member

Vehicle(s):
    ford mustang
    0   0   0
    I almost never drink alcohol, refused from nicotine in favor to oil vaporizer , never tried drugs and even weed huh. I go to gym once a week but play football 2-3 times a week about few hours, I don't need more physics I guess.

7. Blue Moon

Blue Moon Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
    0   0   0
    I spent most of the winter on my butt, now I'm getting back into the rhythm of running almost every day. Did a 5 mile race a couple of weeks ago and am starting to feel like I'm in half-decent condition again.

8. Strokerswild

Strokerswild Shallow and Pedantic

First Name:
    Dave
    Vehicle(s):
    Stuff With Wheels
    Rating:
    100%
    1   0   0
    Doc says I need to lose 20#, I figure why not 30 while I'm at it. I lifted a lot back in my 20s (no 'roids) and still have most of the bulk mid-torso and up.

I haven't hit the magic combo as far as diet and exercise lately, but just fanatically manicuring my 1-acre, wooded property isn't doing it. It's hard to find the time. During the winter I do the stationary bike thing and kettlebells other than moving snow, and had dropped a couple belt notches doing so a couple of years back. It didn't stick though,

Being 50 with an intermittently bum knee doesn't help, not to mention I like beer (the cause of the different bulk mid-torso to the waist).....

samd1351 likes this.
  9. Dusten

Dusten Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Dusten
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 Ford Mustang, 2001 Ford Lightning, 1993 Ford Lightning, 1994 Ford Mustang Cobra, 1968 Ford Mustang, 2017 Ford F-350, 1999 Ford Ranger
    US Navy
    0   0   0
    I took 4 months off running due to deployment and man was it hard to get back in the groove.

Blue Moon likes this.
  10. Blue Moon

Blue Moon Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
    0   0   0
    I guess that depends on where you're deployed to and what your job is. I was deployed to Kuwait as a flight engineer in summer of '05, did lots of running, and managed to do a marathon the day before the Freedom Bird took me home. Four laps around the 6.5 mile perimeter road, started at midnight when the temp was down to 100F, finished at 0405 in the morning. I never would have made it if I hadn't had good friends from my squadron coming out to cheer for me and hand me water and Gatorade bottles as I jogged by.

11. Dusten

Dusten Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Dusten
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 Ford Mustang, 2001 Ford Lightning, 1993 Ford Lightning, 1994 Ford Mustang Cobra, 1968 Ford Mustang, 2017 Ford F-350, 1999 Ford Ranger
    US Navy
    0   0   0
    A ship. Treadmills are dangerous...

Blue Moon likes this.
  12. Hack

Hack Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2004 Z06
    0   0   0
    Diet is definitely the way you will lose weight. Being in shape requires some cardio and strengthening activities, but if all you want to do is lose weight it only requires you consume fewer calories.

Strokerswild likes this.
  13. Strokerswild

First Name:
    Dave
    Vehicle(s):
    Stuff With Wheels
    Rating:
    100%
    1   0   0
    Yeah....it's the beer. Which I've cut out entirely during the week as of recently.

Sitting at a desk for a good percentage of the workday doesn't help matters.

Hack likes this.
  14. samd1351

samd1351 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Sam
    Vehicle(s):
    2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger
    0   0   0
    Same here. No more beer during the week. Although, the four day weekend kind of killed that. Drinking a ton of water now. Cut out almost all of the diet pop a while back. I might have one a week, just to mix things up. I went to the eye doctor with an issue, and she asked if I drank a lot caffine or alcohol. I told her I drink as follows: coffee, coffe, coffee, diet mt. dew, beer, beer. She was not pleased.

It doesn't help that the wife has a bad knee. She tripped over a laundry basket and broke her leg. She now has a plate and 7 screws, so walking long distances for her is out. We used to walk a lot. She always wanted to bring the dogs, which is a huge pain in the ass. The male has little dog syndrome. He barks at everything and everyone until someone, or another dog comes to check it out. Then he hides behind her and barks. The other one just rolls over for a belly rub if you get within 5 feet of her.

I don't mind the treadmill, if I have time. But between work, senior sitting, the grandkids 2 to 5 night a week, and all of the other chores, finding time for the treadmill is tough. I really do need to drop 20 and get back under the 200 mark.

15. Strokerswild

First Name:
    Dave
    Vehicle(s):
    Stuff With Wheels
    Rating:
    100%
    1   0   0
    A while back, my doc told me that there's nothing wrong with 1-2 beers a day, beyond that, not so much. I asked if you could bank those 1-2 beers per day for Friday nights. She was not amused.

samd1351 likes this.
  16. RugbyRef

RugbyRef Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Tim
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 GT350
    Garage Profiles:
    0   0   0
    30 years playing rugby (still do) since I was in middle school keeps me in somewhat shape. I referee now more than I play, but still get a good, hard 80+ minute run in every weekend. Run or bike about three times a week to the local gym and back home. Plus...being married to registered dietitian helps!

Blue Moon likes this.
  17. samd1351

samd1351 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Sam
    Vehicle(s):
    2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger
    0   0   0
    That's just plain cheating.

We had my grandson's 3rd birthday party at our house a month ago. He had a Paw Patrol ice cream cake. Grandma gave him an appropriate sized piece, which he didn't eat. SO.. here comes grandpa to the rescue. I get one little spoon full, I used his spoon, and turned around to chase the damn dogs out of the house. When I got back, the piece of ice cream cake was gone. I said "Hey, where'd the shrimp's piece go?" She looked at me and said, "You don't need it." That was harsh. :punch:

RugbyRef, Strokerswild and Blue Moon like this.