Sponsored

Tensions are getting pretty tight!

kulfyur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 LE Mustang
Maybe it's just me, but it seems people on this forum are getting more aggressive. When I first joined this forum it was because it seemed to always have update information on the '15 stang, but more importantly, the people on here seemed to be happy to just chat and relay information and opinions. But as we get closer to the '15's arrival and more people join and get antsy, it seems we digress from the happy helpful nature the forum start off as and begin to attack others personally and condescend other people's preferences and opinions.

It's not everyone on this forum. In fact the majority are pretty tame and just want to discuss the car as this forum as intended. It's only a select few that will take a simple discussion and, the second someone's opinion differs from their own, will personally attack that person.

I understand that that's usually the give and take with forums when you post. You open yourself up to ridicule. I guess I'd come to believe this forum was better than that, and believed we could keep it civil. If you disagree with someone, fine. Say so and possibly explain why or don't comment.

In a nutshell I miss how the forum was when I first started following it. It saddens me to see what we're slowly becoming. I'll be glad when the mustangs get here and everyone is happy, post their cool pics. Post their mods and little tutorials so we can get back to helping others and stop calling each other stupid in various ways.
Sponsored

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
100% agree with you on this one. I was just thinking about this the other day. Everyone's agitated and hostile, and it wasn't this way (at least to the same extent) even 2-3 months ago.

We're all sitting here twiddling our thumbs and trying to dig up something to talk about. Without some kind of new subject or nugget of information to discuss, a lot of the talk centers around preferences and opinions about existing matter. Given that we're all unique... the arguments and hostility tend to center around our personal differences.

I figure that a lot of this should die down toward the middle to end of this month. The review embargo will be lifted (hallelujah) and plenty of M6G members will have had their chance to do a test drive. This should be a good month!

NVPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT PP
Maybe it's just me, but it seems people on this forum are getting more aggressive. When I first joined this forum it was because it seemed to always have update information on the '15 stang, but more importantly, the people on here seemed to be happy to just chat and relay information and opinions. But as we get closer to the '15's arrival and more people join and get antsy, it seems we digress from the happy helpful nature the forum start off as and begin to attack others personally and condescend other people's preferences and opinions.

It's not everyone on this forum. In fact the majority are pretty tame and just want to discuss the car as this forum as intended. It's only a select few that will take a simple discussion and, the second someone's opinion differs from their own, will personally attack that person.

I understand that that's usually the give and take with forums when you post. You open yourself up to ridicule. I guess I'd come to believe this forum was better than that, and believed we could keep it civil. If you disagree with someone, fine. Say so and possibly explain why or don't comment.

In a nutshell I miss how the forum was when I first started following it. It saddens me to see what we're slowly becoming. I'll be glad when the mustangs get here and everyone is happy, post their cool pics. Post their mods and little tutorials so we can get back to helping others and stop calling each other stupid in various ways.
I'm still cool :thumbsup:

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium

Totally agree.

petraman

Now with more MPGs!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 VW Golf
Blame Ford... When people were waiting for the STs, the same thing happened... Ford keeps their lips sealed too tight and as we got closer to delivery dates people were getting angry at the lack of communication from Ford. They're terrible with launches as far as enthusiast pandering goes.

Sponsored

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Blame Ford... When people were waiting for the STs, the same thing happened... Ford keeps their lips sealed too tight and as we got closer to delivery dates people were getting angry at the lack of communication from Ford. They're terrible with launches as far as enthusiast pandering goes.
Yeah; my order has been stuck in the same limbo -- "In Order Processing," no VIN -- for ten straight weeks now, so it gets a little frustrating.

Mustangchief

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 Kona Blue GT
Why blame Ford? Why not try and understand the process. There are a ton of things that cause delays. Most are out of Fords control. Some are not and they will not mention those. I think if anyone is to blame it is the internet. Without the internet, there is no way you would even know when events should take place. In the old days, you just had to hang out with the dealer or someone who could make a phone call. I agree with the OP, I see a lot of bashing and negativity starting. There will be trolls on every board, so it is just best to ignore them.

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
I think the Moderator has been doing a fine job of cleaning up the personal attacks. There is a 'Report Post' function, which is a way to signal when something gets 'trollish'. That said, this wait has certainty been a test of character! We're closer than ever, as far as the US buyers go. I feel for our fellow enthusiasts in other countries who still will be waiting until next year.

Sending calming thoughts to all today!

EXP Jawa

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.torsen.com
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
1999 Cobra Convertible, Electric Green
Why blame Ford? Why not try and understand the process. There are a ton of things that cause delays. Most are out of Fords control. Some are not and they will not mention those. I think if anyone is to blame it is the internet. Without the internet, there is no way you would even know when events should take place. In the old days, you just had to hang out with the dealer or someone who could make a phone call. I agree with the OP, I see a lot of bashing and negativity starting. There will be trolls on every board, so it is just best to ignore them.
+1

I've commented on this before. Availability of instant info has made people pushy, demanding and spoiled. The process was entirely hidden before, and now that Ford has offered a peek, people are getting even more demanding.

Zombie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 LFG GT350
I think the Moderator has been doing a fine job of cleaning up the personal attacks. There is a 'Report Post' function, which is a way to signal when something gets 'trollish'. That said, this wait has certainty been a test of character! We're closer than ever, as far as the US buyers go. I feel for our fellow enthusiasts in other countries who still will be waiting until next year.

Sending calming thoughts to all today!
So its not okay to go into the other color threads and tell people how much their chose color sucks? Okay, I'll stop.

Wait. I didn't do that. ;)

Sponsored

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So its not okay to go into the other color threads and tell people how much their chose color sucks? Okay, I'll stop.

Wait. I didn't do that. ;)
Well, good :)

Yeah, comments like "I don't know how anyone could choose <name your color>, <name your S550 model>, <name your aftermarket customization>, <name your previous model year Mustang>, <name your favorite other manufacturer's model>, etc." all go under my "Moderator, clean up on aisle 2" requests :D

OP
OP
kulfyur

kulfyur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 LE Mustang
Why blame ford for keeping quite? I'm going to take a different approach and point something out i think few people have noticed.

When all people knew was there was new car coming out, people were SUPER excited. People only listed what they "hoped" the car would look like. A few debates about what people liked but I dont recall seeing any bashing.

When we got to see the car. Some people got more excited some were disappointed. Again i dont recall seeing bashing at this time. Just more discussion on if they did or didnt like it.

It wasn't, really, until ford put out the various options and people started building the car and seeing all the features and actually personallizing the car that people really started ripping on others' decisions and preferances.

So if we blame ford it should be for telling us too much too soon. But even then I dont see how they could have managed it better other than keeping all the leaks we get our hands on from getting out. But thats not easy any more with the internet. So IMHO you cant blame Ford.

+1

I've commented on this before. Availability of instant info has made people pushy, demanding and spoiled. The process was entirely hidden before, and now that Ford has offered a peek, people are getting even more demanding.
+2

Well, good :)

Yeah, comments like "I don't know how anyone could choose <name your color>, <name your S550 model>, <name your aftermarket customization>, <name your previous model year Mustang>, <name your favorite other manufacturer's model>, etc." all go under my "Moderator, clean up on aisle 2" requests :D
I won't say moderators aren't trying. It's hard to really filter the stuff that gets posted and catch it shortly after it's posted. Especially when everyone on here is reading just about every post as soon as it's posted. But i've seen quite a few posted just today that were not discussion or debate, but just one sentence aimed at just being an ass. Most I bet are still posted.

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app

Maybe it is because you are so stupid and keep saying... oh wait :)

Seriously it seems that people want to be validated in their decision. The "only a true Mustang fan would go with" mentality. Everyone has their own wants/needs/budget/preferences/etc. No need to go stepping on it or presenting your views as facts. No matter what options you go with, this is a fantastic car and cannot wait to crawl behind the driver's set of one!

Chris

OP
OP
kulfyur

kulfyur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 LE Mustang
I wouldnt say "validate their decision". More like get a second opinion: "Hey, I made this decision for these reasons. Based off that do you think I made a good decision? Why would you choose differently?" responses should be "Yea i can understand that decision for you." or "I think your over looking this part if you made this decision. Did you consider that? If you did why did you choose to pass on it any way?" or even "Yea I see you got that, but why is that worth it to you?" Nothing wrong with questioning someone's decision and/or inquiring and discussing it. You dont have to always say "Yea man great choice" if you dont agree. But I just dont get why we go from "yea i disagree but im glad you'll enjoy your ride!" to "that's a stupid decision"

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I won't say moderators aren't trying. It's hard to really filter the stuff that gets posted and catch it shortly after it's posted. Especially when everyone on here is reading just about every post as soon as it's posted. But i've seen quite a few posted just today that were not discussion or debate, but just one sentence aimed at just being an ass. Most I bet are still posted.
User "Moderator" does a fine job. My comment should have been more clear. If someone sees a post they find disrespectful, report it. "Moderator" is responsive and acts in accordance with the Rules and Terms of Service.

Inevitably, it seems as more people join, the chance for personal attacks goes up. It's way too easy to slam someone with a forum post because you depersonalize them or can't convey the tone of your post. You don't see the person or know them.

Those of us waiting need a good DRIVE!
Sponsored