General Mach 1 bullshiting thread

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
Just need somewhere for random comments/experiences/thoughts etc.

1) Glad I got a stick.
2) made it less than 40 miles before scraping front splitter on a parking lot exit.

3) Car barely made it 50 miles. Almost got totaled by a camaro I can only think fully intended to hit me. he was stopped at a red light, then slammed on the gas as I was making a left turn. My car is bright fucking red. no way it was missed.

I am used to 40 year old trucks, that is what I normally drive. this is a wholly different experience for sure. I have never driven anything so planted in turns. Turns I usually take at 35mph and this car is yawning at 55 begging for much much more.
Sponsored

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK
Just need somewhere for random comments/experiences/thoughts etc.

1) Glad I got a stick.
2) made it less than 40 miles before scraping front splitter on a parking lot exit.

3) Car barely made it 50 miles. Almost got totaled by a camaro I can only think fully intended to hit me. he was stopped at a red light, then slammed on the gas as I was making a left turn. My car is bright fucking red. no way it was missed.

I am used to 40 year old trucks, that is what I normally drive. this is a wholly different experience for sure. I have never driven anything so planted in turns. Turns I usually take at 35mph and this car is yawning at 55 begging for much much more.
I’m glad you and your new ride are safe, sorry about the front splitter. I think it is a common occurrence with these cars.

OP
OP

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
I do want to add. I am VERY disappointed in how it sounds. My 86 bronco is deafening. this, on track mode, is a biteme level annoyance. that is it.

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
I wonder how the exhaust sound of the new Mach 1 compares to my 5.0 LX 1991 Mustangs stock exhaust. I drove my 1991 5.0 last weekend and realized how good the exhaust sounds.

TrackMeisterWannabe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 w/HP
I do want to add. I am VERY disappointed in how it sounds. My 86 bronco is deafening. this, on track mode, is a biteme level annoyance. that is it.
Perhaps the Bronco has taken it's toll on your hearing over time. At any rate, if you want more decibels you know the drill. Damn happy for you that the Chevy gods were negated by your Ford guardian angel. Probably some punk tired of getting his ass kicked at traffic lights all the time.

Sponsored

VictorH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Victor
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
You've got the manual trans as do I. If you want to do one thing that makes a huge difference in the trans smoothness and feel, is change out that pink auto trans fluid they use in the tremec. I have a MGW shifter too, but the trans oil change was still the biggest improvement.

Gecko50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
1987 Mustang Coupe, 1991 GT Hatch, 2015 GT Coupe
I wonder how the exhaust sound of the new Mach 1 compares to my 5.0 LX 1991 Mustangs stock exhaust. I drove my 1991 5.0 last weekend and realized how good the exhaust sounds.
Like my '91 you must have a Borla exhaust and hi flow CATS?

Chuck

Resized_20201112_111351.jpeg

MACHtobers Very Own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang MACH 1
One of my few complaints is I wish they had done the same thing that corvette does with grand sport/make it the z06 without the engine or dare I say the 911 GTS. I think the slighter wider body of the gt500 but without the supercharger would have been a great way to justify the price of the Mach 1. If your gonna make a parts bin middle of the road edition then let's lean in all the way.

Last edited:

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
You've got the manual trans as do I. If you want to do one thing that makes a huge difference in the trans smoothness and feel, is change out that pink auto trans fluid they use in the tremec. I have a MGW shifter too, but the trans oil change was still the biggest improvement.
Heard that is a nice upgrade. Which fluid did you go with? I hear BG Sycroshift is a good one, but I don’t want to void any warranty.

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
I have had many many sports cars and I think the M1 is the best sounding I ve ever had and that included my 911 flat six. I have not even wandered out of the normal mode. The 6 speed helps too. It s nice and deep and low and then when you get in it it gets progressively louder. Wonder if it s the unique 5.0 matched with GT350/500 exhaust parts? People have been mostly commenting on the sound. I d think the normal mode may be on the verge of illegal, LOL.
Any louder would annoy me. Nice sounding for just normal driving too.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
I have had many many sports cars and I think the M1 is the best sounding I ve ever had and that included my 911 flat six. I have not even wandered out of the normal mode. The 6 speed helps too. It s nice and deep and low and then when you get in it it gets progressively louder. Wonder if it s the unique 5.0 matched with GT350/500 exhaust parts? People have been mostly commenting on the sound. I d think the normal mode may be on the verge of illegal, LOL.
It may just be that I am used to straight piped strokes SBFs and big blocks. My daily is a 351W and other toy is a 513 c.I.

VictorH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Victor
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Heard that is a nice upgrade. Which fluid did you go with? I hear BG Sycroshift is a good one, but I don’t want to void any warranty.
Yes, BG Synchroshift II. It may not be "approved" so not sure about warranty, but it sure makes shifting and smoothness much improved. Also, the drain and fill procedure is super easy. The fill and drain plugs are both marked on the driver's side of the car.

https://www.bgprod.com/catalog/drive-line/bg-syncro-shift-ii/

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Throw on a Steeda H-pipe, huge difference in the volume and many more snap, crackle, pops!
I did mine in the driveway.

davtpa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Relieved to hear this, all my kids have been waiting for including me is the sound, was hoping they didn’t seriously downgrade it for 2022
Sponsored