Garage door dripping on the Stang

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt premium convertible. 2017 caddy xts vsport twin turbo.2011 caddy ext
What a brilliant idea. Will take a bit more space when parking I guess, but I feel an immediate need to order something like that. Going to keep it in the trunk, ready to use whenever I'm parking in the city, or anywhere but my garage.
Wouldn't it blow away in heavy wind. Plus it'll take forever to blow it up.good idea though.i like the duct tape over the joints idea
Sponsored

PoCoBob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium, 2016 Edge Sport
Take a sheet of heavy plastic and attach it to the door inside the garage. Do it in such a way the plastic doesn't rip when you open the door. That should catch any drops and when you close the door it should drain out the bottom between the door and plastic.

But if the door's wet from rain wouldn't that mean it's raining and the car will get wet as soon as you pull out of the garage?

_zOmbIE_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Badlands, 22 GT Prem PP
Take a sheet of heavy plastic and attach it to the door inside the garage. Do it in such a way the plastic doesn't rip when you open the door. That should catch any drops and when you close the door it should drain out the bottom between the door and plastic.

But if the door's wet from rain wouldn't that mean it's raining and the car will get wet as soon as you pull out of the garage?
I'm guessing (like me) the OP occasionally needs to open their garage door for other reasons (for me it's to get the snowblower out in the winter, or take the trash out)

RTFM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 premium 6MT ER
If it fits the look of your house, you can add a garage awning. It keeps the door's mostly dry, except for the freak Summer storms with diagonal rain.

1709835365613.png

Added bonus: it serves as a honey pot for hornet and wasp nests. Much easier to eradicate.

OP
OP
velocityblue5.0

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Stang GT Premium, 22 F150 XLT Sport, 07 Tacoma
i started a lovely convo here! lol...but really though, so i should've been specific. it's when i open the garage to go out the garage and take the f150 or tacoma somewhere lol...stang isn't the daily, so she chills in the garage on nasty days. it's just easier to go in/out through the garage door rather than the front door. first world problems lol

Sponsored

rocsteady

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
I'm thinking just raise the garage door about 15" and do an Indiana Jones roll out into the driveway. Garage door won't go up enough to drip on the 'Stang and as a bonus, your neighbors will see how cool you really are: win/win.

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
Ok OP hear me out. About a new garage door with a built in pedestrian door? How cool is that?

1709850836431.png

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
It happens to me too, when I open the door after a hard blowing rain. Not a huge deal, my car is normally put away clean so a quick wipe with quick detailer to mop up the drips is all I need. If it's dirty, I need to wash it anyway :)

Sponsored

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
I park under a carport and in certain weather conditions the carports metal ceiling collected condensation and it would drip downon my car leaving marks, There is a clear paint you can put on that actually makes the metal hold onto water better I think what I got was "stop the drip" but I cant find it currently. There is apparently other newer types of anti condensation paint but this other one worked pretty well for me for years. Seemed to just make the paint hold the water until it evaporated

JOKER M1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium (SOLD)
Anyone else have this issue? When it rains pretty hard, I guess the wind blows rain against my garage door, so when I open it, water drips down on to the Stang! This sucks when she's freshly washed lol. Anyone have any solutions for something like this?
Is this where I insert the punchline about dripping on my Mustang šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
I park under a carport and in certain weather conditions the carports metal ceiling collected condensation and it would drip downon my car leaving marks,
Hello; I have the same thing from the aluminum roof over my back porch. Some mornings there is condensation which drips onto the concrete pad.
My basement garage has metal doors. The first year i moved into the house I insulated the metal doors on the inside with rigid foam. I began to notice condensation on the inside of the two small windows. Figured condensation was coating the meta on the inside so took steps to help.
The metal doors have horizontal ridges built into the panels. I tried different combinations of holes drilled into the underside of the panels.
The idea was to both allow for a way the condensation can get out and also to allow for circulation of the air. Wound up having 1/4 inch holes and increased the number of holes. Still get some condensation drip from time to time, but very much less.
If i ever do it over again I will likely, try spray foam directly onto the metal surface.

I knew it was not rain as i have a good sized awning over the garage doors. Also the drips happened when it had not rained.

JOKER M1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium (SOLD)
Anyone else have this issue? When it rains pretty hard, I guess the wind blows rain against my garage door, so when I open it, water drips down on to the Stang! This sucks when she's freshly washed lol. Anyone have any solutions for something like this?
ā€œAll joking asideā€, I get what you are saying. It rarely happens to me but it happens. If I donā€™t have the cover on the car I just wipe it off. Question?, does it drip in the same place or is it always different areas. Reason I ask is because chances of stopping this is unlikely and if you are serious about this issue you can buy incontinence pads that look like blankets and they come in different colors. Also assuming you would only use this method on occasion. šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø

GrabberBargeCaptain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Base 6sp in Grabber Blue
Check your gutters recently? If you have a clogged gutter or downspout it can cause water to pool, overflow and spill onto your garage. Gotta figure that out.
Sponsored