Future value

luca1290

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luca
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Mercedes A250 4Matic (W177)
Gasoline is a bygone era. We love our cars but the writing is on the wall.
:cwl: I highly doubt that will happen in my lifetime (... and I'm 32).
Projecting wishes is not going to change the track of history, it will just hurt our wallets.
As of today, there is no technology that can replace fossil fuels, at the scale they are used.
Sponsored

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
:cwl: I highly doubt that will happen in my lifetime (... and I'm 32).
Projecting wishes is not going to change the track of history, it will just hurt our wallets.
As of today, there is no technology that can replace fossil fuels, at the scale they are used.
Agree 100p. I'm 47 and I foresee gas stations becoming more few and far between within the next 20 years. There may not be any technology in the world to replace ICE yet but wait till gasoline becomes $10.00 a litre. People will just give up their cars because you can bet salary/wages aren't going to keep pace with the cost of living.

Don't worry, young fella, you're going to see a lot of paradigm shifts in your lifetime. Strap in.

DopamineQuest

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 Carbonized Gray
Absolutely. Look at values of nice, original Fox GTs sometime. But it'll take a while for the values to get crazy.
If you would've invested the money into the s&p500 in 1990, you would've 10xed your money at the very least. Don't think there's many 150k-200k foxbody mustang GTs running around out there (there are 0).

Worrying about what a dime a dozen mustang gt will be worth in 30 yrs is pretty pointless, imo.

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
Agree 100p. I'm 47 and I foresee gas stations becoming more few and far between within the next 20 years. There may not be any technology in the world to replace ICE yet but wait till gasoline becomes $10.00 a litre. People will just give up their cars because you can bet salary/wages aren't going to keep pace with the cost of living.

Don't worry, young fella, you're going to see a lot of paradigm shifts in your lifetime. Strap in.
LOL, bicycles may be a better investment.

Reactions: MCS

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
Don't forget the wheel nuts!
got my OEM wheel nuts boxed up along with the fuel door and shifter knob!
I may bury them in a box in the back yard for future generations to find. :cwl:

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
If you would've invested the money into the s&p500 in 1990, you would've 10xed your money at the very least. Don't think there's many 150k-200k foxbody mustang GTs running around out there (there are 0).

Worrying about what a dime a dozen mustang gt will be worth in 30 yrs is pretty pointless, imo.
Correct. Stocks and real estate are the real investments. Very few cars truly are.

luca1290

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luca
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Mercedes A250 4Matic (W177)
People will just give up their cars because you can bet salary/wages aren't going to keep pace with the cost of living.
Giving up a car means a lot in the personal freedom space of a person, be sure that before that two things will happens:
  1. More conservative governments will prevail, because nobody wants to give up his life to some crazy guys going around throwing soup at Van Goghs.
  2. Civil war will unrest.
Straps already in place since a few years....

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1, 2020 Explorer, 2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase
Giving up a car means a lot in the personal freedom space of a person, be sure that before that two things will happens:
  1. More conservative governments will prevail, because nobody wants to give up his life to some crazy guys going around throwing soup at Van Goghs.

Straps already in place since a few years....
Unfortunately, I'm not so sure about that. Gen Z kids already don't want to drive. They just uber everywhere. Makes no sense to me but giving up cars doesn't seem too far off an idea with the way things are going.

Sponsored

bonz50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
15 50th Anniv GT
there are already more conservative govt's being voted in across the ponds.

bonz50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
15 50th Anniv GT
too much rural USA for that IMO.
yup. I've had friends/coworkers from other countries come over here and say things like "hey, while I'm in chicago how about we rent a couple motorcycles and drive Rt66 to CA? or we'll just drive to Disney World or NYC one day while I there." when I tell them that ride will take about 4 days each direction they are shocked about how much wide open space there is here. even people back east kinda freak a little when they see what its like living in a rural town. EVERYTHING is a 45 min drive at highway speeds.

junits15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Question would keeping my car oem hold its value more then adding a simple exausht to it drive less then100 km on sunny weekends in the summer this car will be handed down for generations 🤞
not driving your car for resale is like not boning your GF for the next guy

thats my final opinion on that

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
Hoping your base gt will be worth big bucks in the future is a long shot. I do get passing the car down though. My older boys are part of the snowflake pussy generation so they are lost causes but I hope my gt will be around long enough to pass it down to my 3yr old daughter in 13 more years. She's my last hope and already says she doesn't want her mom's jeep cause it's too slow. She begs me to get on it in my tt mustang every ride and she already knows how to do burnouts, donuts and slalom in her power wheel. Fingers crossed I continue to raise her right!
Sponsored