Sponsored

Frank Talk About Headers Requested

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby gt350
I have the kooks headers too and I am curious about your dyno graph. On average, a stock gt350 puts 450 to the wheels. Can you provide a before and after graph that shows that you gained 95 rwhp from just a tune and headers?
That’s exactly what I was wondering. 95hp from headers and 93 tune would be a world’s first then if u throw E85 in the mix ur talking over 120HP gains that I’d have to see full dyno graph specs for. To me there isn’t enough tuning room to accomplish that because after 30 degrees max on E85 there is no more room for improvement and I’ve yet t see any dyno sheet for more than 520-525 wheel and even those were iffy
Sponsored

I am Jeff

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
FBO C63, Ram 1500 Ecodiesel, 18' LB GT350, 19' Performance Blue GT350R
That’s exactly what I was wondering. 95hp from headers and 93 tune would be a world’s first then if u throw E85 in the mix ur talking over 120HP gains that I’d have to see full dyno graph specs for. To me there isn’t enough tuning room to accomplish that because after 30 degrees max on E85 there is no more room for improvement and I’ve yet t see any dyno sheet for more than 520-525 wheel and even those were iffy
That's my sentiment exactly. That's why I want to see a before and after dyno. If his baseline dyno shows 500 rwhp, then you know why he has 545 rwhp with the headers and tune.

madlag

Snake Charmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2022 GT500
You have the dyno sheet for that run? Not challenging your results but I want to see if kooks on 93 can actually produce those numbers. Was that SAE? What was the correction factor used? All this plays a lot into dyno numbers. Because I’ve played around a lot with my Shelby on the dyno and I ran it with ARH headers,no cats, Lund E85R tune with 30 degrees max timing all the way to 8500 RPMs and got nowhere near 545. That would mean u cranked out over 600 crank HP with nothing but headers and pump gas with much less timing and if that is indeed true all of us looking for max HP N/A need to do exactly what you did. So if u could post that dyno sheet with ur exact mods and tuner that would be great!!

Thanks
My buddy manned the camera and just snapped a pic of the summary; not the whole chart. It actually said 553 (red). 3 runs all about the same. Also, I have a CF driveshaft which def helped and there was a can of vp octane boost to make sure I was at 93+. The difference before and after in how the car runs is phenomenal. Procharger in a week or two should help even more. Anyway, not a dyno expert and your ymmv. Thanks
ECB44B23-ED28-47D5-B884-2DBDC6407A1E.jpeg

p.bateman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
My buddy manned the camera and just snapped a pic of the summary; not the whole chart. It actually said 553 (red). 3 runs all about the same. Also, I have a CF driveshaft which def helped and there was a can of vp octane boost to make sure I was at 93+. The difference before and after in how the car runs is phenomenal. Procharger in a week or two should help even more. Anyway, not a dyno expert and your ymmv. Thanks
ECB44B23-ED28-47D5-B884-2DBDC6407A1E.jpeg
How loud is it without cats? Any video/soundclips?

madlag

Snake Charmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2022 GT500
How loud is it without cats? Any video/soundclips?
It was loud af with valves open. Valves closed sounded great and was actually perfect though. I ended up having Kooks install two of their 10” high flo resonators. Sounds amazing now; really deepened it up. I have this clip of a drive by after the resonator install:

I’ll see if I can upload the longer non-resonator video clip afterwhile. Safe to say it was LOUD.

Sponsored

cjgt350

Adrenaline Junkie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F250 Platinum 2016 GT350 TP
Very curious to hear your sound clips before the resonators. I want to add headers but the exhaust is already way too loud. I am running the factory headers, lethal off road mid pipe with the FP Borla exhaust. The normal/sport mode just deepens the tone slightly but both modes are just as loud and frankly pop/crackle very loudly under normal acceleration. Considering Kooks with green cats but alternatively running Kooks headers with offroad midpipes keeping the benefit of the performance and not being a heat sink by not running cats would be a plus if the resonators knock down the exhaust tone enough. I mostly track the car but a little edge off would be nice when I do drive it on the street.

madlag

Snake Charmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2022 GT500
Very curious to hear your sound clips before the resonators. I want to add headers but the exhaust is already way too loud. I am running the factory headers, lethal off road mid pipe with the FP Borla exhaust. The normal/sport mode just deepens the tone slightly but both modes are just as loud and frankly pop/crackle very loudly under normal acceleration. Considering Kooks with green cats but alternatively running Kooks headers with offroad midpipes keeping the benefit of the performance and not being a heat sink by not running cats would be a plus if the resonators knock down the exhaust tone enough. I mostly track the car but a little edge off would be nice when I do drive it on the street.
Even with resonators itsblouder than stock. The green cats would be much quieter than my setup but also more restrictive.

cjgt350

Adrenaline Junkie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F250 Platinum 2016 GT350 TP
Even with resonators itsblouder than stock. The green cats would be much quieter than my setup but also more restrictive.
I am perfectly fine with louder just not race car loud. Post up that before resonator video if you don't mind.

p.bateman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I was thinking Kooks headers with green cats and no resonators hooked up to the stock mufflers (although I would prefer to use my Corsa double Helix x-pipe, but I don't think that is an option)

I'm thinking no-cats will be a problem come inspection time.

imbadatthis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I was thinking Kooks headers with green cats and no resonators hooked up to the stock mufflers (although I would prefer to use my Corsa double Helix x-pipe, but I don't think that is an option)

I'm thinking no-cats will be a problem come inspection time.
According to the above you're missing ~10 whp by not going with Kooks mufflers.

Sponsored

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
I know a person with a R who had the entire Kooks system installed, and his numbers were just shy of my numbers on 93. I am still running the OEM Ford's out back. Like P.Bate says, being able to quiet the system down when need be is a plus. Also I know some installers have had a hard time getting the Kooks Mufflers to act nice with the Ford system. Now this could be the earlier systems, but the same person had quite the issues with his R.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Also I know some installers have had a hard time getting the Kooks Mufflers to act nice with the Ford system. Now this could be the earlier systems, but the same person had quite the issues with his R.
I believe this is the case. I think Kooks has revised that system since the early days.

p.bateman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
... I am still running the OEM Ford's out back. Like P.Bate says, being able to quiet the system down when need be is a plus ...
You are running the header/x-pipe with no cats or resonators, correct? Do you have a sound clip?

madlag

Snake Charmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2022 GT500
I am perfectly fine with louder just not race car loud. Post up that before resonator video if you don't mind.
Pm incoming
Sponsored