Sponsored

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I was under the impression Ford was aiming for 100% EVs.

I'd love to read what you're talking about.

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
Synthetic fuel. But we need a link op. Thank God ford hasn't committed to all electric yet. I saw the article this morning.

OP
OP
Torched10

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt premium convertible. 2017 caddy xts vsport twin turbo.2011 caddy ext

Sponsored

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
Thank you FORD 🙏 Chevy and Dodge don't care about the consumer and keeping it alive. Ford always inovating a way to bring back the Mustang. Chevy and Dodge just copy take part of the market then go extinct for a while when things get "slow" LOL

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Good article. I’ve heard Farley say on more than one occasion that ICE will be available for the 8G Mustang as long as consumer demand is there for it. Stellantis doesn’t have nearly enough in its fleet to meet the upcoming higher EPA standards which is why the ICE Charger and Challenger are dead. Though some loathe the Mach E (I know most of it is because they put the Mustang name on it), it’s one of the vehicles that has given Ford the ability to continue to offer the V8 in the next generations of Mustang.

twbthird

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Premium PP convertible, Ruby Red
Ford won't be able to establish a synthetic fuel infrastructure on its own. I would hope the oil companies are looking into this in order to have a market in the future.

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Interesting read, but I am skeptical that synthetic fuel production could ever be scaled to the point of being affordable.
If enough of the auto manufacturers get behind it and keep demand high enough for ICE vehicles, costs should come down. Porsche said they think $8/gallon by 2026 from the current $45/gallon. That’s a pretty big drop in a short amount of time for a new technology

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
Good article. I’ve heard Farley say on more than one occasion that ICE will be available for the 8G Mustang as long as consumer demand is there for it. Stellantis doesn’t have nearly enough in its fleet to meet the upcoming higher EPA standards which is why the ICE Charger and Challenger are dead. Though some loathe the Mach E (I know most of it is because they put the Mustang name on it), it’s one of the vehicles that has given Ford the ability to continue to offer the V8 in the next generations of Mustang.
Wow that makes sense, didnt think of it that way. Long live the Mach E

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Wow that makes sense, didnt think of it that way. Long live the Mach E
And I’m one that likes the car but doesn’t like that the Mustang name was attached to it, but if it keeps the Coyote (and any other future V8) alive, Ford can call it whatever they want (and they will anyway 🤭)!

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you FORD 🙏 Chevy and Dodge don't care about the consumer and keeping it alive. Ford always inovating a way to bring back the Mustang. Chevy and Dodge just copy take part of the market then go extinct for a while when things get "slow" LOL
EV is all idiocy of the highest order. They all KNOW their companies will collapse if they go 100% EV. They are still just trying to pretend and curry favor while virtue-signaling. Why work hard, when you can get billions in free gov't cheese to perpetuate the Big Lie of the Day.

Dodge will be showcasing the re-launched ICE family of vehicles in 3 years' time. If it takes them that long. You can scream at a Physics textbook all you like, Physics is unbendable.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Ford won't be able to establish a synthetic fuel infrastructure on its own. I would hope the oil companies are looking into this in order to have a market in the future.
So you think the entire industry is going to spend the money to develop a fuel for just a handful of vehicles. Well I certainly hope so but the odds are very, very long.

Besides Early said nothing about syn fuel. F1 is switching in 2016. Typical media hype.

"Look, we’ll do what’s required, and we’re going to grow our EV business to two million vehicles in four years and most of that will be conquest, but we want these loyal customers who own F-150s and Broncos and Mustangs to continue to have a great experience," Farley said.
Sponsored