Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
In WW2 afaik the Germans made no changes to their tanks to run synth. Then again their native fuel was diesel. In Japan taxis burn CNG with trivial mods to Gasoline engines.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
In WW2 afaik the Germans made no changes to their tanks to run synth. Then again their native fuel was diesel. In Japan taxis burn CNG with trivial mods to Gasoline engines.
When I was a kid lots of the locals were using CNG in their pickups. This was before fuel injection. I'm sure it burns a lot cleaner than gasoline.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
I think we are forgetting distribution. How many of us can get unlimited supply of quality E85? Now we are thinking syn fuel. I'm all for it but it is a pipe (pun intended) dream.
Dreams are what gets everyone what they have. There is a HUGE market for a solution such as this. Everything else will follow.

Sponsored

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Thank you FORD 🙏 Chevy and Dodge don't care about the consumer and keeping it alive. Ford always inovating a way to bring back the Mustang. Chevy and Dodge just copy take part of the market then go extinct for a while when things get "slow" LOL
Actually, they do care about consumers and the massive bulk of them do not care about v8's or manuals. They also know that people will buy what's in front of them and are less likely to actually order something custom as most cant afford to. Thats why Manual options went from standard on the 100% stripped bare base model to only the higher trims that will be bought by very niche buyers, and most of those are now going to DCT's and 8-10spds. It phased out people feeling there is a need to learn manual, so they don't, only old people an manual enthusiasts do. v8's will be the same way. Eventually low sales will kill the viability for it.

KeyLime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lenny
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT/CS Convertible
When the CA ban on ICE motors kicks in in 2035 you can kiss all the wishful thinking goodbye. Burn syn fuel made from coconut milk if you want but unless the government wankers back off it's over. Where I live Mustangs are as common as squirrels. Hell, if I blew a red light chances are I'd hit an Mustang, Camaro, or Challenger/Charger. Ok, let's be real, I'd actually hit a f-thing Tesla.

The manufacturers are staring down a time when 20% of their ICE market disappears thanks to CA, OR, NJ and who knows what next state jumps on the eco bandwagon. Let's not forget about the EU.

Maybe I'm pessimistic. In all reality Ford will keep manufacturing lines, research facilities, and supply chains humming away for the vast number of sales in ICE friendly places like Montana and Wyoming.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
When the CA ban on ICE motors kicks in in 2035 you can kiss all the wishful thinking goodbye. Burn syn fuel made from coconut milk if you want but unless the government wankers back off it's over. Where I live Mustangs are as common as squirrels. Hell, if I blew a red light chances are I'd hit an Mustang, Camaro, or Challenger/Charger. Ok, let's be real, I'd actually hit a f-thing Tesla.

The manufacturers are staring down a time when 20% of their ICE market disappears thanks to CA, OR, NJ and who knows what next state jumps on the eco bandwagon. Let's not forget about the EU.

Maybe I'm pessimistic. In all reality Ford will keep manufacturing lines, research facilities, and supply chains humming away for the vast number of sales in ICE friendly places like Montana and Wyoming.
Your blaming 3 states but also ignoring the EU, China and Japan where hybrids and electric cars are selling better than they are in the US. It makes 0 sense for companies to make cars JUST for the US when its cheaper to just bring over what they already make. There is a reason most companies make global cars or cars for multiple regions and almost no car is made just for the US anymore. Its massively cheaper. Soon as developing and producing ICE cars costs more than its worth in sales, those cars will be dropped. Its all about Capitalism, not the consumer.

Sponsored

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Crazy to think we are currently in the last great generation of the automotive world as we know it. Many before us have said it, but I think it’s for real this time.

No more ICE SRT cars, no more Camaro after next year. Our community is literally the last pillar of affordable American V8 performance. I hope the Mustang name lives on and Ford abides by what was stated in the article. Great to see GM is marching forward with further V8 development.

If nothing else, I guess we’ll all be running around in modded V8 trucks in 2035-2040 😂

luca1290

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luca
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Mercedes A250 4Matic (W177)
Chiming in from the geographical region currently identified as "EU". While some places with strong ideology, awashed in oil money (like the northern regions) and with little population are seeing strong EV adoption (because these states have the urge to tell other states how to live), others are not. Here except the big cities which are dominated by the left, if you go around in an electric car you are mocked by everyone. They are niche toys, and people do know that. And I'm writing shy of 20km from Milano's Duomo, I'm not in the deep south or whatever.

I can feel the political wind is changing here, nothing lasts forever, especially when it clashes with reality.
People doesn't want to be poorer. They want their children's tomorrow to be better than their yesterdays. You can sell dreams for so long.... but people will not revert to taking the bus or living a miserable life.

That's exactly what the climate religion wants.

Ogopogo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Prem Vert, 2020 Mazda CX-5 GT Turb
I have little doubt EVs will dominate the new vehicle sales landscape by 2035 as many developed countries will mandate varying degrees of increasing percentages of EVs by then, but that is good thing from an environmental perspective, e.g. clean air on our highways and in our urban cities. It simply makes sense from a public health perspective, never mind a GHG emission perspective.

I do believe however, there will still be a viable and substantial market for ICEs for decades to come. Much of the world does not have EV infrastructure and cannot afford to build it, probably for decades. It is so non-productive to have the ICE vs EV war of words in social media about this sort of thing. Folks like GM and Ford are doing the right thing continuing to invest "judiciously" in ICEs recognizing only a portion of their production will eventually be ICE.

It will all work out just fine.

AZlb5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Premium
I have always said this. I don’t care nor mind EVs. What I have a problem with is the EV all or nothing model that’s being pushed by some folks. I think that we can coexist easily and biofuels will more than likely lead to even more powerful ICE engines. I’m glad that Ford is taking the lead on this push. 👊🏼🇺🇸

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
mandate varying degrees of increasing percentages of EVs by then, but that is good thing from an environmental perspective, e.g. clean air on our highways and in our urban cities
except the so-called 'green' benefits have been shown to be outright false or coin-flip at best. But I guess poisoning the earth as long as it's over the horizon doesn't factor into the analysis because it's not in your face?

EV movement will crash and burn when it runs smack into the voter who refuses to go along with the scam because it's taking a giant bite out of his livelihood.

Not a single politician "mandating" EV will e around to be hanged from lamp posts or drawn and quartered when "they can eat cake" comes home to roost.
Sponsored