Sponsored

Ford saves v8

Ogopogo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Prem Vert, 2020 Mazda CX-5 GT Turb
There are a myriad of opinions on this matter as regards facts versus supposition and opinion. Much of it is ideologically or emotionally charged and I simply don't engage any longer in such discussion.

Regardless, EVs are here to stay in one form or another, in varying quantities yet to be known over a time frame yet to be known. Co-existence is not a bad thing. I simply believe there will still be an ICE market (and availability) well into the next decade or two which is as far as anyone can remotely visualize.
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
There are a myriad of opinions on this matter as regards facts versus supposition and opinion. Much of it is ideologically or emotionally charged and I simply don't engage any longer in such discussion.
Global warming is right up there with gun control and abortion. Topics that can only be discussed with others that agree with whatever your position is. Discussion with others is futile.

Regardless, EVs are here to stay in one form or another, in varying quantities yet to be known over a time frame yet to be known. Co-existence is not a bad thing. I simply believe there will still be an ICE market (and availability) well into the next decade or two which is as far as anyone can remotely visualize.
Let’s keep in mind that the end game here is to reduce our dependence of fossils based fuels and reducing our carbon footprint. Right now our only viable option is electric and that can (and hopefully) will change. There are other technologies in the works and maybe, just maybe, there can be one we would agree upon.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
that the end game here is to reduce our dependence of fossils based fuels and reducing our carbon footprint.
again both are assertions not grounded in provable benefits arising, and if they do, are the costs in keeping with said benefits.

Partock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
We should be given a choice and we are not. EV's are not environmentally friendly nor are they environmentally neutral. Driving an EV doesn't mean you don't pollute, you just move your pollution somewhere else. The materials don't exist to build the number of batteries we need to supply everybody with a car. The infrastructure or power generation doesn't exist to charge all of them. They will never achieve the power density of gasoline in a battery. I'm on the fence with EV's. They look fun and I would almost purchase one to use for errands and to have fun with, but not as my main vehicle. Besides, absolutely everything in everybody's lives has big oil attached to it somewhere or somehow. You can't build an EV without oil.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
When has CA ever backed away from stupid? Ideology trumps practicality here.
if you read the fine print they've already got weasel words in the text. I agree CA gov't is singularly stupid and ignorant of basic life facts, but what can't happen, simply won't. If Sacramento needs to burn to ash it will. But they'll pull a Gilda Radner "never mind" long before. I'll bet anything they'll also walk back the class 8 truck prohibition. Or they'll just lie about enforcement and let say, Mexican heavy trucks stream over the border to backfill the domestic fleet they outlawed.

CA parasite class is the poster child for spoiled brat who demands they should be allowed to have their cake and eat it too.

Last edited:

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
California has long had air pollution issues due to the amount of people but also the geography. Most of southern CA is in a basin that is met with mountain ranges all around. In the 90s we had smog alerts where we couldn't run outside because of the amount of smog. We don't have those anymore since they made changes with the fuel, emissions etc. it's also one of the largest car markets in the country.

Evs pollute less over the life of the car. It's not completely "green". In fact there is no means of transportation besides walking that wouldn't create pollution in its process but that's just human consumption. They are cleaner though. It's easier to control where the pollutants are located and restricted it there rather than in every single city and street.

ontop of that having an energy source you can harness anywhere through solar (which is advancing) gives us an edge as a country in a security since. One location or one source of energy outs is at risk to attack, or even control. You can charge your car without a power grid and a lot of people do. For right now it's still in the early stages. Batteries will get cheaper, solar will get more efficient, range will increase. You know human evolution. Just like no one uses donkeys or horses on a daily basis. Or wooden wheels.

and with all that said I still hate them. But I respect their role and think they have a place for good reasons. I'll try to never own one though. At some point we Should be holding corporations liable for their mass polluting and undermining the laws for their financial benefits.
Sponsored

Last edited: