Ford Performance oil catch can

snakeyes

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chaz
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500, Performance Blue, Black stripes
So I bought this version and I can't figure out the ridiculous bracket the way it's configured WILL NOT fit where it's supposed to go and I can't find any good videos on install there all for the GT not the Bullitt or Mach 1 ...

In order to make this bracket work it looks like I will have to make some modifications, if anyone knows about this please help out thanks
Sponsored

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
So I bought this version and I can't figure out the ridiculous bracket the way it's configured WILL NOT fit where it's supposed to go and I can't find any good videos on install there all for the GT not the Bullitt or Mach 1 ...

In order to make this bracket work it looks like I will have to make some modifications, if anyone knows about this please help out thanks
mike take your time!!! Very delicate small plastic clips and parts that can break easily when you are clearing out space for the can. If it helps I’ll send you pictures when I get from work of my install.

I just installed Ford oil can to my 2019 GT Automatic. I found this link to go by: https://performanceparts.ford.com/download/instructionsheets/FORDINSTSHTM-6766-A50A.PDF

Or perhaps try: www.performanceparts.ford.com
That the document I used as well

OP
OP
snakeyes

snakeyes

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chaz
Vehicle(s)
Yup - I have that but the F'in bracket doesn’t line up correct

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Yup - I have that but the F'in bracket doesn’t line up correct
What oil separator part# did you order? What is the # on the box? There are a few versions. Is this for your GT500 ? Or your Mach1 ? Your post is not clear.

Sponsored

OP
OP
snakeyes

snakeyes

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chaz
Vehicle(s)
What oil separator part# did you order? What is the # on the box? There are a few versions. Is this for your GT500 ? Or your Mach1 ? Your post is not clear.
No matter I sent it back yesterday - will get a JLT if they make one for the Mach 1

docday64

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG, M1333 Mach 1, 2013 Taurus SHO PP
Even catch cans are in short supply now. :( Ordered one last night $159 Ford Racing. Amazon just increased the price by $80 to $240
Search results for: 'EN1900' (blueovalindustries.com)
Thanks for the heads up.
I had that on my Christmas list and sent it to my wife and kids yesterday.
Cheapest one that I found was at Levittown Ford and it was 175 plus shipping.
Blue Oval is 160 and free shipping.

Ctodd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach1
Thanks for the heads up.
I had that on my Christmas list and sent it to my wife and kids yesterday.
Cheapest one that I found was at Levittown Ford and it was 175 plus shipping.
Blue Oval is 160 and free shipping.
Merry Xmas!

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
This piece.... This piece right here. Fuck this. I broke it 3 different ways and super glued it back. I'm not putting it back in. It's pointless pretty much.

PXL_20211118_134143580.jpg

Sponsored

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This piece.... This piece right here. Fuck this. I broke it 3 different ways and super glued it back. I'm not putting it back in. It's pointless pretty much.

PXL_20211118_134143580.jpg
What is that?

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
What is that?
This is the clip that holds the harness plug to the bracket. The one that the instructions say to just "remove" without giving any specific directions. It's flimsy and breaks easily. All it does is hold the plug on the bolt and even then it didn't fit back over it cleanly. I just left it off and let the harness dangle.

It can be removed if you ever so carefully unclip it from the plug but you'll probably break a tab in the process.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is the clip that holds the harness plug to the bracket. The one that the instructions say to just "remove" without giving any specific directions. It's flimsy and breaks easily. All it does is hold the plug on the bolt and even then it didn't fit back over it cleanly. I just left it off and let the harness dangle.

It can be removed if you ever so carefully unclip it from the plug but you'll probably break a tab in the process.
I’ll have to look closer at mine tonight. I don’t remember seeing that clip. Either way everything under there is fragile and will break if you look at it wrong!

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I’ll have to look closer at mine tonight. I don’t remember seeing that clip. Either way everything under there is fragile and will break if you look at it wrong!
Yeah, this is the one that should be attached to the plug that you removed when you were putting the bracket on. Mine just so happens to be broken off, lol.
Sponsored