Ford performance/Anderson composites new thread

erolivas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500, '18 Raptor, '15 STi,'11 Frontier
I wish i knew about that one jamie. I probably would have bought it. I won't undercut Eric though. Eric if you pass, ler me know. Jamie, let John know I'd like to be next in line please.
Johnny from MPR Performance told me they sold the last one he had; however they have a couple more coming within the next 2 weeks. Shelby ($799) and Anderson Composite ($399) have the decklid w/out emblem. I'm not sure how the emblem is attached to the OEM decklid... tape along with a fastener or clip maybe?
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Johnny from MPR Performance told me they sold the last one he had; however they have a couple more coming within the next 2 weeks. Shelby ($799) and Anderson Composite ($399) have the decklid w/out emblem. I'm not sure how the emblem is attached to the OEM decklid... tape along with a fastener or clip maybe?
They are plastic welded I believe. @Big John had his removed from his PPF guy, and the PPF guy swore he would never remove that emblem again. You can't buy the emblem by itself.

With that said, I still would never, ever buy an AC product ever again.

erolivas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500, '18 Raptor, '15 STi,'11 Frontier
They are plastic welded I believe. @Big John had his removed from his PPF guy, and the PPF guy swore he would never remove that emblem again. You can't buy the emblem by itself.

With that said, I still would never, ever buy an AC product ever again.
I'm waiting to hear back from Johnny on my invoice for the MPR decklid.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I'm waiting to hear back from Johnny on my invoice for the MPR decklid.
I sent you a PM. If I could avoid AC, I would do so at all costs.

Surfergeek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2004 Corvette Z06, 2020 F150 Platinum, 2019 Yukon Denali XL
I have the MPR deck cover with the logo, ordered it from them when I saw it come up on Instagram a few weeks back. It's perfect.

MPR was great to deal with. Best to message them on Instagram to see what they have in stock / what their schedule is for parts being produced. it's SLOW right now like everything else, thanks COVID.

My AC parts that I ordered on Black Friday through Lethal scheduled to be delivered tomorrow.

Can't wait to get them on the car.

Sponsored

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Completely agree with the point about avoiding AC if at all possible.

Recently received the CF Gurney flap to go with the CF wing I bought a little over a year ago. I will not be keeping the Gurney flap on when not either on the track or a long road trip that includes unrestricted Autobahn. When that is the case, the OEM Gurney flap fits the CF wing perfectly and, in my opinion, looks fine with it. Still, after a bit of debating, I decided to round out the matching set.

Cjpony parts came through with no drama—well packaged, mil discount and free shipping to an APO address. However, once I took it out of the box, I was again struck by Anderson Composite’s lack of attention to detail (see post #95 https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/anderson-composites.134890/page-7#post-2863771 ).

Other data points: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...ment-gurney-screws.137740/page-6#post-2891718

Comparison:
The OEM Gurney. Sure, in the end, it’s just a slab of plastic, but a slab with well placed perimeter tape designed to protect your investment, ensure a good seal and prevent NVH.

OEM full.jpg

OEM Center.jpg

The Anderson Composite Gurney flap shows no thought toward protecting the investment or limiting NVH. What would it have taken for AC to either have applied the tape or at least included it? Per the previous post (XXX), their swing does not come with 3M tape and they send useless perimeter tape with it--quite confusing. The Gurney comes with nothing.

CF full length.jpg

CF Center.jpg

So, you take your Gurney out of the box, and you’re faced the the task of finding the right size perimeter tape. If you go without it, you risk scratching your Swing and Gurney, and having the Gurney bounce around.

First world problem? Absolutely not. It’s a lack of attention to detail, particularly considering the price. Moreover, it’s not a one off. It’s a trend. Unfortunately, Anderson dominates the CF market for the moment, and apparently they know that.

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red
I am glad i am not a CF fan cause for the price of all this CF it should jump out of the box and install itself. And i agree for what you paid at the very least it should include hardware, tape, etc. I don't hate CF I just don't love it, i am neutral on it.

Pretty sure you could make a CF turd and someone would buy them.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I am glad i am not a CF fan cause for the price of all this CF it should jump out of the box and install itself. And i agree for what you paid at the very least it should include hardware, tape, etc. I don't hate CF I just don't love it, i am neutral on it.

Pretty sure you could make a CF turd and someone would buy them.
Or at least give you a reach-around.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)