Anderson Composites

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I'm trying to figure that out myself. You can scan/digitize by yourself and work a laptop from home playing in CAD. My guess would be layup (manpower- COVID related?) is where they are getting bogged down as I haven't heard of a fiber shortage. The burning question in my mind is whether anything has been done to get started on this one at all, or was it just an idea that sounded great but has no action behind it to date. I'm taking another path in the meantime trying to make this happen via a different (and unnamed) source and am following orders to "hang tight." Idle hands...so hard to chill when you are eager to get to work. Gotta have faith with a smidge of karma for backup I suppose.:)

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I'm trying to figure that out myself. You can scan/digitize by yourself and work a laptop from home playing in CAD. My guess would be layup (manpower- COVID related?) is where they are getting bogged down as I haven't heard of a fiber shortage. The burning question in my mind is whether anything has been done to get started on this one at all, or was it just an idea that sounded great but has no action behind it to date. I'm taking another path in the meantime trying to make this happen via a different (and unnamed) source and am following orders to "hang tight." Idle hands...so hard to chill when you are eager to get to work. Gotta have faith with a smidge of karma for backup I suppose.:)
And there is eager base owner number 1.

You might want to get two of them Tob, especially hearing about your sawzall strategy

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Be nice, Tom. :-)

AND, you KNOW Tob will make it happen.
I am being nice. The sawzall idea was his. And who wouldn't want two wings anyway?

And yes, of course he will. Did anyone doubt it?

You didn't know him back in his GT350 days. This is the same story, part 2.

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red
Interesting, I along with countless others are likely super interested. However I have found myself 50/50 on liking the base spoiler vs CFTP spoiler the car takes on a hole different look depending on spoiler...both look really good to me. Of course the CFTP spoiler is eye grabber for sure.....and for me CF is really not my thing and would rather have any spoiler just regular fiberglass and paint to match....

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I'd honestly avoid anyone's version of the GT4 wing done in fiberglass, pay the piper, and get CF. Strong, lightweight, and yes, uber expensive.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
I'd honestly avoid anyone's version of the GT4 wing done in fiberglass, pay the piper, and get CF. Strong, lightweight, and yes, uber expensive.
If you arent getting a AC wing, then who else makes a CF GT4 wing?