Anderson Composites

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
There are some out there that claim to make/sell one, like this outfit that says "This is the EXACT same wing used on the 2020 Ford Mustang GT500." The photos are said to be generic and not representative of the finished product (uprights/base are wrong and the wing has the wrong contours in some photos).

https://ffperformance.co/product/fu...aj-Q5VFOdxVFKeVPeJP0QMBVgdpSUIdoaAhD8EALw_wcB

I'm not interested in the above. If I can get the wing I want I'll let you know whatever I can share.

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red
I like Body color, nothing to do with strength or weight just pure aesthetics......so I guess I am a poser, cause i would never actually use the 'BIG' spoiler(wing) for its intended purpose. I actually put a CF spoiler on my SS sedan as it was only available in CF......painted it to match, sanded, blocked, painted 3x and still the CF pattern shows through....not much, but to me the owner i notice.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
PTD: No offense amigo but it amazes me that you sanded and painted CF. Then, after all that you have to see it all the time...definitely a drag.

I hear you on the look of body color but at least on mine, there's a fair amount of black already so the wing fits in just right, IMH (but obviously biased,) O. :-)

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
There are some out there that claim to make/sell one, like this outfit that says "This is the EXACT same wing used on the 2020 Ford Mustang GT500." The photos are said to be generic and not representative of the finished product (uprights/base are wrong and the wing has the wrong contours in some photos).

https://ffperformance.co/product/function-factory-performance-2015-2020-ford-mustang-gt500-carbon-fiber-gt4-rear-wing/?utm_source=Google Shopping&utm_campaign=Google Feed&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=17009&gclid=Cj0KCQjwpNr4BRDYARIsAADIx9xs9HM8SO-egBE9WQpV0_5aj-Q5VFOdxVFKeVPeJP0QMBVgdpSUIdoaAhD8EALw_wcB

I'm not interested in the above. If I can get the wing I want I'll let you know whatever I can share.
I am not in the pool of people looking for one. I am just curious. This is a niche market that I'm surprised AC hasn't capitalized on. So....

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Hey, you never know, Tom. The wife and I are working very diligently at avoiding Chinese products wherever possible and for me, (and I bet Tob, too,) I would never buy a CF wing from China.

Most happy to hear it gave you a chuckle. :-)

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Reading the tone of the fella from AC Tom, it sounds to me like the virus really took its toll on their production capabilities. Whether that's in-house or an international supply chain for materials, we can only guess. But he clearly wasn't happy with their output for 2020 to date.

With them having some form of a "corner on the market" if by lead time alone, I have a feeling they'll be getting those out as absolutely quickly as they can. Probably before the hood vent because of the margin.

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red
PTD: No offense amigo but it amazes me that you sanded and painted CF. Then, after all that you have to see it all the time...definitely a drag.

I hear you on the look of body color but at least on mine, there's a fair amount of black already so the wing fits in just right, IMH (but obviously biased,) O. :-)
Yeah its only noticeable to me or if I point it out/right lighting etc.....and its the wifes car so not a big deal. I plan to paint my regular GT500 spoiler ASAP after i get it.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I am not in the pool of people looking for one. I am just curious. This is a niche market that I'm surprised AC hasn't capitalized on. So....
Yeah, I didn't think you needed one. It would be nice if AC could break it down with some semblance of detail in terms of their intentions for a GT4 wing.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Yeah, I didn't think you needed one. It would be nice if AC could break it down with some semblance of detail in terms of their intentions for a GT4 wing.
I agree. Either sh.. or get off the pot.

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride
@Anderson Composites When will you be done with your mirror cap replacements. They’ve been delayed in R&D since last April I believe. I ordered and had to cancel in June 2019 because of no hard release date. At this point is it even coming out?

Anderson Composites

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.andersoncomposites.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2021 Ford Broncos (2 and 4-door)
@Anderson Composites When will you be done with your mirror cap replacements. They’ve been delayed in R&D since last April I believe. I ordered and had to cancel in June 2019 because of no hard release date. At this point is it even coming out?
Looks like we should have new replacement caps by mid November. Apologize for the long delay.

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride