First Oil Change

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Then one has to dispose of the old oil and filter. That is becoming a hassle.
Local auto parts stores aren't taking it anymore? Heard used oil was a good weed killer too...
Sponsored

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Vlad, it's an oil change. Not a Space Shuttle launch, come on dude.
I know. It's not the oil change itself that scares me. It's what happens after that.

Good grief ............... When did having the engine oil changed become such a traumatic, life threatening issue ?
When the engines started sounding like a bucket full of screws falling down the stairs after the first oil change.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Local auto parts stores aren't taking it anymore? Heard used oil was a good weed killer too...
Oh yeah ............Right ............... And that contaminates the soil. There is a reason it is illegal. BTW, I am not a left leaning environmentalist. I am a rancher. Do you want the beef, pork or, poultry you eat contaminated ? Oil leeches into the soil and worse, ground water ! That is a proven fact.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Oh yeah ............Right ............... And that contaminates the soil. There is a reason it is illegal. BTW, I am not a left leaning environmentalist. I am a rancher. Do you want the beef, pork or, poultry you eat contaminated ? Oil leeches into the soil and worse, ground water ! That is a proven fact.
I guess if you NEED clean drinking water, here ya go...

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum...r-own-waste-oil-burning-garage-heater.678222/

https://www.energylogic.com/waste-oil-heaters/

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
I know. It's not the oil change itself that scares me. It's what happens after that.

When the engines started sounding like a bucket full of screws falling down the stairs after the first oil change.
Embrace it. It's destiny. Mine makes all the tick/rattle sounds and operates perfectly. The only sub par thing about my car is the idiot driving it haha! Nothing to stress over because warranty. Yes it could be a hassle but if anything catastrophic happens, new engine. Did my first change at 1k miles and second at 5k and every 5k after. At 19k now with zero issues. The way to fix the 2k rattle is louder exhaust, I almost never hear it anymore. The way to fix the idle tick sound is to just take the blue pill. You'll go insane worrying about these sounds, I was there. This image also helps a bunch.

09874.jpg

Sponsored

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Embrace it. It's destiny.
luke-skywalker-empire-strikes-back-no.jpg

Mine makes all the tick/rattle sounds and operates perfectly.
Yeah, but what good is it operating perfectly, if I will die of shame every time I pick the kids up from school? I'll have to turn off the engine two hundred yards earlier, and then coast in neutral. :giggle:

Last edited:

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
luke-skywalker-empire-strikes-back-no.jpg

Yeah, but what good is it operating perfectly, if I will die of shame every time I pick the kids up from school? I'll have to turn off the engine two hundred yards earlier, and then coast in neutral. :giggle:
90% of people I encounter aren't car people and don't care to even know what sounds my car makes. Another option would be to rest your foot on the gas to keep it about like 3k rpm so only the good sounds are heard. Would have to shout at your kids though...

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
I prefer clean drinking water. And, isn't your state one of the most environmental leaning in the country ? As an avid fisherman, I sure as hell don't want the streams or rivers I fish in polluted by illegally dumped contaminants.
Oh yeah, my state tries to keep things pretty environmentally sound. I do my part by sealing my used oil in 55 gallon drums before dumping it into the rivers and stuff.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
You're not doing you're part. You're making things worse.

How is wildlife supposed to get at the oil to maintain their slick-back hair styles?

2501a173-898d-4e8f-b163-cafa5c277969.jpg
HJCAY2sehHMnKYTyLQy4crj5UE-PGpzlId5cxw6qs&usqp=CAU.jpg

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I prefer clean drinking water. And, isn't your state one of the most environmental leaning in the country ? As an avid fisherman, I sure as hell don't want the streams or rivers I fish in polluted by illegally dumped contaminants.
Your worried about streams and rivers? Why bother?

1632762933579.jpeg

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Yeah, I used to do that. Now, I watch tv in the waiting area and drink coffee.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Well, my GT had its first oil change today. I'm happy to report that there's no tick yet. We'll see... Fingers crossed...
While I was at it, I also installed a Ronin oil drain plug. I must confess though that it looks a bit like overkill to me. I mean, it's certainly impressive, very well built, and I'm sure it works as advertised, but frankly the oil change wasn't as awfully messy as I expected. The guy who did it must have seen many similar, laterally mounted drain plugs, because he knew exactly where to place the container - a big tray mounted on a telescopic leg - in order to catch the stream of oil without spilling anything. There was no mess. So he wasn't too impressed with the Ronin; he didn't quite see the point. :giggle:

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Not sure what all the fuss is about either. A drain plug is a drain plug. Yeah, Ford's is a little different but it's not like it hasn't been in use for a while. I'd be more worried about the correct number of qts of oil. Why do some of the dealers still try to put less in is beyond me.
Sponsored