Fine tuning the traction control:)

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
Yeah, you could speak with them, but I'm pretty sure they have nothing for a T400 setup for our cars. The other viable options are probably going to be Fueltech or Holley Dominator. You could go with Halltech, but you'd probably be trailblazing.
Th400 should be manual I would think.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Angrey

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I'll reach out to them to see what's up. I had asked Real Street Performance like 1-2 years ago and at that time, it was all custom harnesses and nothing plug n play yet. Have mostly been interested in the traction control strategies.

Who is your tuner?
Real street wouldn't touch it if it's not a dedicated race car. I think they're either slammed or way sensitive to EPA exposures at this point.

I went through Induction, because at the time, they were the only ones in the state of Florida willing to do Motec packages. Johnson tuning does all the Fathouse stuff (but didn't have the professional courtesy to respond to an email or a voicemail) and besides, I didn't feel like driving or shipping my car across several states.

Palm Beach dyno is now doing Motec setups (although at the time, I reached out to Rob during his transition period and he indicated they'd never done one and then ghosted me after that).

So in FL, Induction performance and PBD. If you're in Houston, you'll probably have to go through what I went through, which is call MOTEC, see who their vendors/dealers are and start making phone calls.

Good news is that if a Tuner is willing, MOTEC actually works heavily with them on these packages. The director of the GT500/GT350 programs worked directly with my tuner at Induction so it's not like you'd be a total experiment if your preferred tuner was willing to take the plunge into these systems.

The lead times on the hardware has gotten significantly better (for the M150) since Bosch bought MOTEC. The harnesses are custom fabb'd so there's a lead time there.

Just start making phone calls and see who close to you can and will do it.

baevid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
So Motec got back with me. Looks like it's not ready yet for the 6R80 but apparently they are displaying it at PRI 2023 soon and hope to release it in Q1 2024.

They're making a new adapter box that they're testing on one of their cars. It has the stuff onboard to control the 6R80 natively.

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
So Motec got back with me. Looks like it's not ready yet for the 6R80 but apparently they are displaying it at PRI 2023 soon and hope to release it in Q1 2024.

They're making a new adapter box that they're testing on one of their cars. It has the stuff onboard to control the 6R80 natively.
who did you reach out to? looking for gen3 support

baevid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
who did you reach out to? looking for gen3 support
I just emailed [email protected] as well as every Motec dealer in my state asking about it.

@Angrey, whenever you have your car dialed in... could you record some demos of the traction control in action? I'm interested in how it plays with the Whipple in your set up. I also have a Whipple but was considering going twin turbo.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Angrey

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I just emailed [email protected] as well as every Motec dealer in my state asking about it.

@Angrey, whenever you have your car dialed in... could you record some demos of the traction control in action? I'm interested in how it plays with the Whipple in your set up. I also have a Whipple but was considering going twin turbo.
I'll try, but keep in mind, the whole idea is to stay off the ignition limiter (bad harmonics) so the only way to really recognize it will either be a little waggle and steering correction or the logs (to view wheel speed). Ideally, we get it right up to the edge where the throttle limit is just enough to let the car spin, but not so much it exhausts both the timing and throttle adjustments.

In a perfect world, the tires would be just at or just over spinning a little and the system would be making countless corrections to timing and blade angle. It's only once you exceed those that it will cut ignition (and sound similar to the rev limiter). I'm gonna spend the next few weeks kinda dialing it in on the street tires, then go to the drag radials.

I can tell you just anecdotally that my maiden drive back from the tuner is the first time since the major build that I started to not be terrified in 1st and 2nd gear (ESPECIALLY when starting or worse starting for a left hand turn). I can actually lean into the throttle now in 1st and 2nd where before it was complete pucker the whole time.

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
Well Gen3 on the list, buy no idea when it will be done. Fueltech it is

QBailey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Quinton
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I know this is a little old, but with the PNP kit do I have the ability to run a second set of smaller injectors. Seems like that would be easier than trying to make my larger (ID1700) injectors idle decent. I realize this would require me to build a separate injector harness, I’m just curious if that’s even a viable option?

robvas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did MustangLifestyle ever run his long enough to get the traction control dialed in? It was a 13/14 GT500 with a motec
Sponsored