F-150 Manifold Testing/Journey

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
I find it curious that about six months ago, the F-150 manifold was easy to find and cheap to buy. Now, they are almost nowhere to be found.

Maybe this thread has something to do with it...?
probably, plus the manifolds were take offs from trucks getting upgrades. I got mine off a member here a year ago for $70. I sold it for the same price to another member. Definitely worth it!
Sponsored

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Yeah as gameovergt said, the F150 mani's are predominantly from new trucks getting Roush/FP blowers put on at the dealer. Now that the '18's are the new trucks, you'll see THOSE mani's becoming available as those owners get dealer blowers installed.

I suspect the '15-'17 F150 mani's will be rare unless an existing owner goes back for the S/C.

Having said that, you can get new ones but obviously won't be as cheap.

MyStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Guys,
I have been lurking around following the thread and I must say, this VMP Performance | Coyote Ford Mustang Manifold Shootout is very interesting. Is the test car stock other than a JLT cold air intake and cat-back exhaust?
I'm wondering what kind of numbers you would get with the Ford power pack 2, a cat back exhaust and the F150 intake manifold. Anyone running this set-up as described?

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
I have an F150 manifold for sale if anyone is interested, will be posting up soon. The hole plugged and vacuum lines already changed ready for installation.

SOLD

Last edited:

Type550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Absolute Black 2017 GT Fastback (Manual)
I have an F150 manifold for sale if anyone is interested, will be posting up soon. The hole plugged and vacuum lines already changed ready for installation.
I might be keen... Weren't you happy with the F-150 mani mod?

Sponsored

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
I might be keen... Weren't you happy with the F-150 mani mod?
Half and half. I've used stock, F150, and 18 manifolds. The F150 definitely hit so much harder in the midrange than the other two. Really threw you back in the seat which I loved. However being supercharged, it noticeably ran out of steam above 6k. Didn't want to rev happily and I could feel the reduction in power. Although I miss the initial punch of the F150 manifold, I prefer the way the 18 mani relentlessly pulls to 8k. I may not get it up to 8k every day, but that's where the supercharger really shines and I didn't want to give that up. I did sell the mani though already, sorry.

Type550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Half and half. I've used stock, F150, and 18 manifolds. The F150 definitely hit so much harder in the midrange than the other two. Really threw you back in the seat which I loved. However being supercharged, it noticeably ran out of steam above 6k. Didn't want to rev happily and I could feel the reduction in power. Although I miss the initial punch of the F150 manifold, I prefer the way the 18 mani relentlessly pulls to 8k. I may not get it up to 8k every day, but that's where the supercharger really shines and I didn't want to give that up. I did sell the mani though already, sorry.
Totally understand, fair enough :)

I'd love to see how a ported F-150 mani would perform, and whether it'd provide a slightly longer power-band up to around ~7.5K instead of dropping off at ~6.5K.

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
Totally understand, fair enough :)

I'd love to see how a ported F-150 mani would perform, and whether it'd provide a slightly longer power-band up to around ~7.5K instead of dropping off at ~6.5K.
I think on an NA car the drop isnt as noticeable and I would have stayed with it. But it was still fun trying.

Honestly I think because of the runner design that it wouldn't do much. I'm not an expert though.

Type550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think on an NA car the drop isnt as noticeable and I would have stayed with it. But it was still fun trying.

Honestly I think because of the runner design that it wouldn't do much. I'm not an expert though.
Cool... I did notice in that VMP shoot-out, the stock '18 manifold was dyno'd @ 457HP & 391TQ and the ported '18 manifold was dyno'd at 462HP & 402TQ. Minimal gain in HP but 11ft/lb bump in torque! Nice!

F-150 was dyno'd @453HP & 413TQ ;)

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
Cool... I did notice in that VMP shoot-out, the stock '18 manifold was dyno'd @ 457HP & 391TQ and the ported '18 manifold was dyno'd at 462HP & 402TQ. Minimal gain in HP but 11ft/lb bump in torque! Nice!

F-150 was dyno'd @453HP & 413TQ ;)
Hmm good to know! I wonder what the gains are like for ported manifolds on FI. May have to look into that...

Sponsored

Type550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For those of you running the truck Mani, how's the driveability on the street (apart from the boost in torque)?

Any hunting idle? Any random stalling? Is it OEM like tip-in and driveability at all RPMs and load points? Flat spots?

I just want to ensure I retain OEM like driveability at any RPM/load/engine temperature.

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
For those of you running the truck Mani, how's the driveability on the street (apart from the boost in torque)?

Any hunting idle? Any random stalling? Is it OEM like tip-in and driveability at all RPMs and load points? Flat spots?

I just want to ensure I retain OEM like driveability at any RPM/load/engine temperature.

the car feels stock on everything except the torque gain down low. It did seem to stop pulling around 6200 rpm. I only changed to the '18 because I changed my suspension to the Steeda drag setup and wanted every single advantage at the strip not street, still not been to strip yet, been rainy in Florida this summer. I would have kept the 150 intake on otherwise as its fun on the street. Pulls hard down low, gives you that torque'y feeling on acceleration (passenger really feels it). I gained some mpg's using the 150 also v/s the stock 17.

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt

No issues at all with any of those points of concern you mention. You just stay with traffic pulling away at a light without even thinking about it now whereas before you'd have Corolla's pulling away from you unless you gave it heavier throttle.

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
I've been meaning to do a datalog of the MAF flow vs RPM to see what it shows but I don't feel it hit a wall at all at 6200.

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I've been meaning to do a datalog of the MAF flow vs RPM to see what it shows but I don't feel it hit a wall at all at 6200.
I was using a Bama tune on mine so that might have been the difference. I wonder what it would have felt like with a 'real tune'?
Sponsored