5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
[MENTION=32778]VooDooDaddy[/MENTION] love the plexi cover on the GT350 air intake...you should sell those.
Sponsored

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
I removed the GT mani last night and I started swapping over the hoses to the F150 mani but am stuck on that rear grey clip from the plastic vacuum hose that runs between the GT runners ... what's the trick to unclipping that sucker?

TIA

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
It came out easy once I got the little hose off ... just squeeze and pull.

Btw, I hate those metal clips!!

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
would like to try something similar on my pmas

Hurricane is backed up for 2 weeks, had to make an appointment for the 25th. UGG! :lol:

Sponsored

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Finished the install today after starting it last night and a VERY nice mod for sure. Like everyone has said, there's just more TQ everywhere and yet it still rips when you goose it good.

I now have my head hit the headrest and stay there from 3k rpm instead of 4k. I went up to 6k in 2nd and didn't notice any drop off. I'll take it to 7k at some point and may datalog as well.

My previous favourite performance mod was the Livernois tune and I'm going to put this 1 up there with that on equal footing if not perhaps a slight nudge ahead.

I watched the LMR and jcarts video before the install and made notes of the steps and things to watch for before starting.

I took those notes to the garage with me and added further to them. I'll type those up and post them here to help other's as others have helped me.

Thank you to jcart and voodoodaddy for encouraging me. Oftentimes you don't notice a difference in mods and wish you'd saved your time & $ ... this isn't one of them! :D

VooDooDaddy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
...I'm going to put this 1 up there with that on equal footing if not perhaps a slight nudge ahead...
I think the perceived problem with this 'mod' is that it is NOT expensive. Too often we think that something can't be worthwhile if it is not expensive.

This might be the absolute best bang-for-the-buck mod for the 2015-2017 GT.

These manifolds are often for sale on eGay for less than $100, including shipping!! What's not to like?

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Absolutely agree VooDoo!

You know it makes me wonder why Ford didn't just use this manifold but we all know that peak HP sells cars so they had to get that with the higher revving GT mani but I'll take it under the curve any day.

Will also mention that there's been no change in engine noise from inside the car without the top cover, something I was concerned about.

OP
OP
apex15stangPP

apex15stangPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I think the perceived problem with this 'mod' is that it is NOT expensive. Too often we think that something can't be worthwhile if it is not expensive.

This might be the absolute best bang-for-the-buck mod for the 2015-2017 GT.

These manifolds are often for sale on eGay for less than $100, including shipping!! What's not to like?
Glad I was drinking that night and tried it.. lol

Sponsored

VooDooDaddy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium

VooDooDaddy

Banned