Sponsored

Extreme Dimensions - Wide Body Kit Install

matteos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
It's your car, so as long as you are happy that's all that matters.

But I personally don't like the rivets at all. If the whole kit had a smooth transition it would look good. But you can see the gaps between the pieces of the wide body package and the rivets kind of make it look like it was done in half an hour. If you could smooth the whole thing out with some bondo and some paint it would look a lot better IMO.

OP
OP
Grim_Reaper

Grim_Reaper

'Merica
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dylon
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium California Special 10-spd
It's your car, so as long as you are happy that's all that matters.

But I personally don't like the rivets at all. If the whole kit had a smooth transition it would look good. But you can see the gaps between the pieces of the wide body package and the rivets kind of make it look like it was done in half an hour. If you could smooth the whole thing out with some bondo and some paint it would look a lot better IMO.

I don't know what everyone is talking about when they say there are gaps...There are no gaps between the fender flares and body. The gaps between the pieces of the kit are there for practicality and function. It makes it to where you can still remove the front and rear bumpers of the car without removing the whole kit like all other manufacturers of wide body kits for this car. That is also the purpose of doing the rivets. Way more functional that a shitty bondo and paint job that is 90% likely to crack along the seam because of the body twisting do to torque being places on the chassis, not to mention the insane/ridiculous cost of a good bondo/paint job.

magnetic5oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vadim
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
The car looks amazing, and Im not just saying that since Im also a Magnetic owner :D The wide body kit mounted with rivets looks great in my opinion and adds extra details to the car which I like. I am a fan of Liberty Walk work and your Mustang looks like something they rolled out of their shop. The only thing I feel it needs is a more aggressive front lip, something like the PP lip paired with Steeda or another splitter would fit the bill. But thats just my opinion and Im partial to that set up since thats what Im rocking :headbang:

Sponsored

16DIBEBM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 ecoboost
Holy cow - that's amazing!!! Gorgeous work - and yeah, it's polarizing - some people love it, some people hate it... but either one is a reaction - so good job! :)

MX5Racer

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rixclix.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
I'm glad you like it, but it looks like Frankenstang to me!

Ragtop1995

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F-150 Platinum Ecoboost Screw
Change your handle to Frankenstein and wear an old school hockey mask while driving around. The mini-gun might be hard to source though.

robwlf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rob
Vehicle(s)
17 lightning blue pp LFP 670
looks good man.. yeah i agree if you smooth everything with plastic filler and all over time with flexing and wind speeds it will crack for sure ..if they were metal flares and all .. then it would hold up better if it was filled and smoothed..

i like it .. and perfect color :>)

Sponsored

Foxtrot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost
Think there's a way to hide those bolts on it? I bet if you could, it'd convert a lot of the haters and end up looking great. Wonder if you could cut little circles out of the same type of material and fuse it on top of it. Or some sort of weld or tabs. Thinking like what guys do with trunk lid holes for cars that remove the spoilers (non-mustangs).

drudis

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dariusrudis.net
First Name
Darius
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium - SpongeBob Yellow
Something I dont understand...

Why go thru the trouble of adding huge fender extensions, only to install tires that are what I already fit (albeit very carefully) under stock fenders?
EX: I run 285's in front and 325's in rear.

BigEasyGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I kinda like it, definitely different. OP, have you thought of using sealant between the flares and body like the RWB kits? It may help to silence the people complaining of "gaps" lol. It also isn't as permanent as molded flares.

RWB-Miyabi-Build-KL-43-1200x800.jpg

nightmare702

Murdered Mustang #055
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
MMR#055. IG: @nightmares550
When you see it in person the last thing you say is "pshhhhh rivets. Naw, would never do this mod."or "there's a gap there." It's a badass car regardless of rivets. In all honesty there is no gaps. The OCD in the people on the thread see it as sticking out from the actual body form. Instead of seeing it as a mod/ addition to the body form. Don't be a rivet hater. No one likes rivet haters.

Bad ass car as always mad max :thumbsup:
Sponsored