Sponsored

Liberty Walk Mustang - Wide Body Kit

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I THINK the point is not just to get a wider tire, but a wider stance hence more potential for cornering stability (harder to roll over, etc). Or something like that.
And in turn, drastically throwing off the suspension geometry. :doh:
Sponsored

whalesalad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I feel like that kind of aggressive flair job is only rad when you have beefy racing tires and a legitimate track stance // performance setup.

When you slam it to the floor like that and the fender is almost touching the lip of the wheel it just looks like shit.

IE, the RTR mustang pulls this look off pretty well. Rivets and bolt-on fenders are function over form, so you need to commit 100% to that and go full-functional build. You can't blend the overfender/race look with hard park air ride then you just look like a show queen Supreme dork.

Larry_Chen_Speedhunters_rtr_Vaughn_gittin-2-1200x800.jpg

OP
OP
khannected

khannected

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sohaib
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT
I feel like that kind of aggressive flair job is only rad when you have beefy racing tires and a legitimate track stance // performance setup.

When you slam it to the floor like that and the fender is almost touching the lip of the wheel it just looks like shit.

IE, the RTR mustang pulls this look off pretty well. Rivets and bolt-on fenders are function over form, so you need to commit 100% to that and go full-functional build. You can't blend the overfender/race look with hard park air ride then you just look like a show queen Supreme dork.

Larry_Chen_Speedhunters_rtr_Vaughn_gittin-2-1200x800.jpg
I agree 100%. Pro touring cars never look gaudy with flares because its purely functional but I dont believe the Mustang needs it. You're average Mustang owner will not go through the hassle and cost of rebuilding/re-engineering the geometry of the suspension to account for a wider track width.

OP
OP
khannected

khannected

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sohaib
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT
And in turn, drastically throwing off the suspension geometry. :doh:
Exactly! But to be honest, I've been shocked at how many 'Mustang enthusiasts' ignore suspension/chassis. A couple folks here have got it locked down but a lot of guys I've met or talked to slam their cars and dont think twice about correcting camber or matching dampening with their super slammed springs rate. Power is power but a well balanced suspension is what really differentiates a good driving experience from bad since its so personal to everyone's driving styles IMHO.

At the end of the day, its to each their own. Different strokes for different folks :)

Sponsored

OP
OP
khannected

khannected

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sohaib
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT
I always thought that the S550 already looks like it has a mild wide-body kit which looks great. Agreed, I don't see the point.
I think one of the guys here had someone approach him and ask him what wide body kit he was running. He just lowered his car an inch on 295 tires lol. In other words, these cars are insanely wide for a factory car. Theres no rear fender width difference between a regular EB/GT and a GT350. That says a lot.

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
I think one of the guys here had someone approach him and ask him what wide body kit he was running. He just lowered his car an inch on 295 tires lol. In other words, these cars are insanely wide for a factory car. Theres no rear fender width difference between a regular EB/GT and a GT350. That says a lot.
Does not surprise me. It is very wide by default, which helps with stability. It is almost as wide as our Expedition which is obviously a much larger vehicle overall.

ManBearPig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I scrolled through here waiting for the punch line to the obvious joke. This is a joke.

Right?

Sponsored

seth21w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT base PP ingot silver
This liberty kit is hideous, it reminds me of something you would pick up from advanced auto to stick on.:barf:

ghst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP 401a RIP
I think the Stage 3 flares are better. Then again, I'm the minority since most people don't like flares.

Orcinus1967

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang 2.3L Ecoboost
if you must have a widebody kit....
shelby-super-snake-widebody-mustang.jpg

I have seen this car in person and it took me a minute to figure out what was different about it. It is very understated and in a group of S550s it can go almost unnoticed until you really start looking at it.
What company made or did these flares? It looks great, and I would not want to have screws showing on my car.