Exhaust mode selection not available.

tjwreds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach1
So, I did it. I wasn't quite happy with the mach 1 exhaust even after I put a steeda x pipe in. Put the Corsa Extreme active exhaust in. (i had previously done the same with no issues on my 2019 GT. What an improvement over stock) I've checked the motion of the actuators and visually inspected the connections from the center harness to the actuators and don't see any issues. Actuators move in synch (when they move) and the left/right harnesses don't have any bare copper exposed I can see. The wires on one side are jammed up and twisted a bit so I ordered a harness (JR3Z-14A411-H, found the part number from another thread here, thanks Benny from Levittown).

Going to check my suspect (slightly mashed wires on the harness, but can't see any copper) side and then then other side if that doesn't fix it. I don't think it's the actuators as the both move smoothly when they're working. I don't think it's the Corsa tips for the actuators.

If the wiring harness isn't the fix, my only other idea is to put the original exhaust back in and eliminate the harnesses from being the issue, in that case (if I have to do it...) it should be the tips on the Corsa system.

I will get this damn Corsa system working, it's how the car should of sounded from the factory. Any troubleshooting tips/tricks would be appreciated. I'll update the thread with my results as I get them. Part should be here some time this week. Fingers crossed.
Sponsored

Jm28192

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
I had a similar issue on my corsa system. Mine ended up being the spring on the drivers side. It was kind of loose so it didn't want to stay in position when installing. It took a while but I finally got it together with the spring sitting upright and once tension was on it, it stayed there. Not sure if this is your issue but something to look at, mine was a simple problem with a simple fix. I also have a GT and not a mach 1 but I can't imagine the exhaust systems being that different.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
We really need to hear some sound clips! Do you have any interest in letting your oem tips go? Iā€™d be interested if you do!

LikeMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Stock is loud enough imho. Also that error can be a sign of a blown fuse.

Sponsored

OP
OP
tjwreds

tjwreds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach1
We really need to hear some sound clips! Do you have any interest in letting your oem tips go? Iā€™d be interested if you do!
Once I get the problem resolved, i'll consider it. I'll try and get some clips once it's fixed properly.

OP
OP
tjwreds

tjwreds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach1
Stock is loud enough imho. Also that error can be a sign of a blown fuse.
Just verified fuse# 34, 15amp. Swapped it with a different 15amp. Problem persists. Thanks for the lead though. :)

OP
OP
tjwreds

tjwreds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach1
All a matter of taste I guess. I found the Mach1 tone great after removing the AE fuse. :) Maybe when you are done you can share some sound clips!
I'm guessing removing the fuse would keep the valves in wide open mode? I really don't want to piss off my neighbors every time I cold start it. I'll try it just for shits and giggles, but I really want the valves to work. :)

Ctodd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach1
I'm guessing removing the fuse would keep the valves in wide open mode? I really don't want to piss off my neighbors every time I cold start it. I'll try it just for shits and giggles, but I really want the valves to work. :)
Yes, Keeps in Track all the time. As you know it defaults to normal at each start no matter what you try to set for the start.

OP
OP
tjwreds

tjwreds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach1
Reseated the Relay #59, no change. I'll replace it next time I pass an auto parts store.

Sponsored
OP
OP
tjwreds

tjwreds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach1
any updates on your exhaust install? patiently waiting over here for video!
I have one pigtail or harness ordered, not sure when it's getting to me. tried taking the fuse out for the valves, it's really loud. I don't really have any updates as of yet. I'll try and record some revs when I get someone to rev it for me.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I got this same light on the dash in my 2019 Bullitt a while ago, but hadnā€™t been in a position to troubleshoot it until recently. So far, Iā€™ve inspected the right side active exhaust harness and donā€™t see anything glaring at me. I did discover that fuse #34 was blown. I havenā€™t checked relay #59 yet. My next move is to remove the passenger side connector/wiring harness and check all leads with a multimeter to see if there are any breaks in the wires. While Iā€™m at it, Iā€˜ll also clearance the portion of the body behind the connector (where itā€™s known to make contact with the wiring), so that there is no chance of it making contact in the future.

Iā€™ll be following your thread to see how things shake out for you.

OP
OP
tjwreds

tjwreds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach1
update: I swapped back the original exhaust (in order to isolate the tips on the corsa from being the problem). Unfortunately, the problem followed, so the issue is definitely either the cable(s), or the actuator(s). The Corsa Exhaust works just fine.

I ordered "JR3Z-14A11-H" from Bartow Ford, but the part in the box was part number "JR3T-14B599" ffs.

What I was sent from Bartow ford.
20220131_123203.jpg

Correct part number off the car. Going to start by finding this part number and ordering one of these.
20220130_111624.jpg

OP
OP
tjwreds

tjwreds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach1
Next update: I went to my local ford dealer and asked them to lookup the part number in the picture above. It was explained to me that this is an engineering part number and not the actual part number. Engineering part number KR3V-14B599-DA, likely translates to ford part number KR3Z-14A411-G. Considering ordering one...

Functionality update: After I reinstalled original exhaust with steeda X pipe, the problem persisted, still occasionally throwing "Exhaust mode not available" and refusing to switch out of Normal mode. Last night, on a drive to the supermarket and back, it didn't mess up once (15 min one way). My drive to the local dearlership today went the same. No mess ups. I then sat in the ford parking lot changing modes while it worked as flawlessly as the day I picked it up.

I'm at a complete and total loss as to how to proceed. The problem followed, then fixed itself???? Next nice afternoon I get, I might try going back to the Corsa and see how it goes. ffs. lol.
Sponsored