Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1, 2020 Explorer, 2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase
Welcome to the 300 club, it's better up here.
Let's spit on the puny 200 losers. *patchoo*
Is it wrong to say I feel superior now? :cwl:
Sponsored

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
I've made my bank account very unhappy lately but my car will love its new presents!
Bought DBA T3 4000 series rotors yesterday to get rid of my hot-spotted and warped cheapy Centrics. These should be a nice addition for cooling and performance in my upcoming event at Buttonwillow.

Well to further my savings account deficit, today I found 19x11 SVE wheels on sale for 55% off. Looks like I'll finally be joining the 305 square club!
Awesome, can't wait to see the new rotors on the car! Also, I think you'll love the feel of the 305 square set up. What tires and camber specs?

OP
OP
Ewheels

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Awesome, can't wait to see the new rotors on the car! Also, I think you'll love the feel of the 305 square set up. What tires and camber specs?
Haven't decided yet on tires. I really want the new Falken RT660 but the 305 size doesn't seem to be available yet. If not those, then likely Supercar 3 or the same S007A I have now. They aren't fast but then again, neither am I :crackup:

I'm currently at -2.6 up front and -1.1 rear. Will likely have to add more rear camber but it'll work for now.

OP
OP
Ewheels

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Was getting the car ready for BW this upcoming weekend (oil change, track pads/rotors, and bled the brakes) and when bedding the new rotors in, I noticed the Indy 500 tires I have on the front have pretty bad grip. Granted these are my street set of wheels/tires so I wasn't shopping for grip at the time but I was surprised how much less grip they have even compared to PS4S. They did not like hard braking.

@2morrow here's a rotor pic for you sir

1601911332796.png

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Haven't decided yet on tires. I really want the new Falken RT660 but the 305 size doesn't seem to be available yet. If not those, then likely Supercar 3 or the same S007A I have now. They aren't fast but then again, neither am I :crackup:

I'm currently at -2.6 up front and -1.1 rear. Will likely have to add more rear camber but it'll work for now.
How do you like S007A? What is the grip comparable to? I've had my eye on them but reviews seemed to be mixed bag. Was thinking of them as a summer street tire but I am not sure if hydroplaning is a major issue with these.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Ewheels

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
How do you like S007A? What is the grip comparable to? I've had my eye on them but reviews seemed to be mixed bag. Was thinking of them as a summer street tire but I am not sure if hydroplaning is a major issue with these.
I would say they have more grip than the oem PS4S but I also jumped up to 285 square so I don't know if that was the tire or simply the extra width.
I will probably use them as my street tire going forward since they can be had for so cheap. They also have plenty of grooves for water, don't think hydroplaning would be an issue.

I'll likely go with RS4 or Supercar 3 for my 305 track set next year.

Boon15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
This is an awesome thread! Thank you for documenting and sharing your experiences so far. I am hoping to start tracking my 2015 PP1 car next year and this thread certainly will help me get my car prepared.

OP
OP
Ewheels

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
This is an awesome thread! Thank you for documenting and sharing your experiences so far. I am hoping to start tracking my 2015 PP1 car next year and this thread certainly will help me get my car prepared.
Glad you find it helpful! If you ever have any questions, feel free to ask.

The only thing in my thread I regret is not going 305 square the first time around. I even had a friend tell me not to waste my time with 19x10 wheels and I didn't listen. Now I had to buy wheels a second time

OP
OP
Ewheels

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Buttonwillow 10/10/20 - 10/11/20

First track weekend since COVID started; oh how I missed this.

In short: getting faster but didn't reach my target.

Long story: Last time I was here, I did a 2:16. Not fast at all but hey, we all start somewhere. At Willow Springs, I felt very fast and smooth so I thought I would be able to get below 2:10 this time out. First session of the weekend, holy moly, I was sliding around as if it was an ice rink. Went two wheels off twice and I'm pretty sure I was scaring the guy behind me. It was ugly. I believe it was due to a forced 7 month vacay from the track (thanks covid), getting used to this track again, aaaaand it was cold in the morning. I don't think it was just me; there was a four car train that decided to go off-roading at the same time in one of the race groups. I remember seeing dust clouds pop up ever few minutes for the first few hours of the day.
Anyhow, started getting back into the swing of things but man, it was a train-fest Saturday. I could not get a single lap in without coming up on someone else or a faster guy coming up behind me. I managed a 2:13 in 13CCW Saturday. A little disappointed in myself to be honest. Maybe I could've gone faster with less traffic? Maybe I'm still slow? Little bit of A, little bit of B?

1602516646755.png

Sunday comes around; much less traffic (thank god). We did 25CCW which I had never done before. Was curious how Star Mazda was but to my surprise, it is so much fun! I do still prefer bus stop of the 13 configuration but Star Mazda allows you to fly through the esses! I don't think I hit much of any traffic this whole day. I managed yet another 2:13 this day but I don't know what competitive times are for 25CCW.

Interesting point, I would enter Riverside around 95-100mph and I would get the car into what felt like a 4 wheel skid. Once mid corner, any additional steering input or throttle would induce some understeer. I think some more hood venting or a small splitter would help here. I've read the S550 chassis can really benefit from some added front downforce.

1602516701195.png

1602517864712.png

As for the car, I think the hood vent definitely helps. It's hard for me to really say how much parts help because I'm so skill and experience limited. This weekend for example: I can't confidently say my new suspension took 3 seconds off my time. It's more likely myself as a driver improved and that's where the time came from.
As for numbers: CHT hit 230, diff hit 241, oil never touched yellow. TrackAddicts says I got 1.3 G cornering and 1.2 G braking. I switched to 0w40 oil, I think that helped the oil temps. Diff is still a non-issue. Honestly, I have no idea how people are getting the diff to overheat. Sure, I'm slow, but I know guys who are sub 2:00 at BW and they don't have issues either.
I think my car is at a happy place now where I can comfortably beat on it and not worry about something breaking or overheating. Maybe now I can stop buying parts and just buy seat time and consumables (yeah right!)
I did start to boil my brake fluid though. Pedal felt soft after each session and I'd have to pump the pedal to get it hard again.
Small and cheap mods coming will be improving my brake ducts, adding brake shims, and definitely going to box in the radiator.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ewheels

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Forgot a few things...

New suspension: corners felt a bit more crisp than the oem setup but overall, didn't feel a night-and-day difference. It's hard to compare as the last time I was on track was March. The car felt flatter though; not as much body roll for sure. I think the 19x11 wheels in my garage and 305 tires will help even more.
I'm very eager to try a faster tire. I want to experience a serious, track-focused, grippy tire. These S007A tires I have now though are freaking great for learning! I hope more people just getting into track life try these tires out. They're cheap (got my 285 set for $900), they're more grippy than the oem PS4S, they don't seem to lose grip throughout the day, and they last so long. I have 6 days on them now and there is till plenty of tread left.

The DBA rotors were great. To jog my own memory, I had bought Centric CTEK rotors because they were crazy cheap and figured if they didn't work, it wouldn't be much money lost. Can't remember how they were at Chuckwalla but I definitely had brake judder at WS. After some research, I determined the brake judder was from overheated and warped (hot-spotted) rotors. Recently I bought these DBA T3 4000 rotors for low price, high carbon content, slotted, and one of the best cooling vane designs. Well after this weekend at BW, I can say these rotors worked perfectly. No judder of any kind.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Ewheels

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Even more brake cooling!

I needed to bleed the brakes in preparation for the next weekend so I took the time while the wheels were off to improve brake cooling a little more.
Some fun things to note...these stickers do work! I thought I had duds, turns out I had never actually gotten enough heat into them. #I'mSlow

1604330511921.png

And for the rotors, these DBA ones came with heat paint on the vanes. The various paint colors will change to a white color when they reach the designated heat range. The green changed but the orange and red were fine. So this tells me the rotors got hotter than 856 but less than 1022 degrees.

1604330660260.png

As for the additional brake cooling....I originally had Vorshlag brake ducts that ran from the front bumper to the back of the front rotors. I then later changed to their deflector plates but I left the front portion of the ducts connected, kind of similar to GT350's however mine weren't aimed at the deflector plates so the air was just dumping into the wheel wells. Well now I added some plastic elbows to better direct additional air at the deflector plates.

1604330975714.png

1604331006364.png

OP
OP
Ewheels

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It's becoming a bit of a hassle to update my build on this forum and TMO (trackmustangsonline.com) so for those who are following this thread, I will be continuing to post my experiences but only on TMO. (same user name there) TMO is more inline with my goals and interests while M6G seems to cater to the car show crowd.
M6G has been great and I learned a lot from reading through these pages and thank you to everyone who has helped me and guided me along the way.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ewheels

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It's becoming a bit of a hassle to update my build on this forum and TMO (trackmustangsonline.com) so for those who are following this thread, I will be continuing to post my experiences but only on TMO. (same user name there) TMO is more inline with my goals and interests while M6G seems to cater to the car show crowd.
M6G has been great and I learned a lot from reading through these pages and thank you to everyone who has helped me and guided me along the way.
......well that didn't last long.....

Decided to keep this going; not so much as a means to share information, but more for myself to look back on and see my progression and how far myself and my car have come.

Changes since I've been gone:
- Used Racers360 for the first time. Online coaching is the next best thing behind in-car coaching. Highly recommend racers360 for turn-by-turn instruction
- Crashed my motorcycle and therefore bought a daily driver. Mustang is now 100% track car. Such a relief, don't need to worry about silly street-driving things anymore :crackup:
- Installed ARP extended studs on the front (had to buy a new torque wrench that goes up to 250lbs so yay for more tools!) so that I can run 305 square.
- Got me some 305 Supercar 3s mounted. Haven't tried them yet but I hear great things.
- First time-attack event coming up this weekend. Don't expect to be competitive but it'll for sure be a ton of fun!

Car is now a pretty capable track car so I honestly don't want to spend much money on additional parts and just focus on seat time and coaching.

BeastAR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Welcome back. Any updated pictures....?

OP
OP
Ewheels

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Welcome back. Any updated pictures....?
Thanks Josh.
Not at the moment. The new 19x11 wheels are the same wheel as my 10 inchers so visual no change there. The front studs are longer and poke out a bit but that's pretty minor.

The only visual change I see in the future would be more hood and fender vents.
Sponsored