Sponsored

Every CFTP Owner's Worst Nightmare

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Glad you made some money. How about you answer the question?
I don't know if GM would cover. THeir design doesn't trap stones like Ford's. The car comes with 20" stock which has lots of clearance and I had plenty of space even with 19" on my SS. I just realized that pic is from a Corvette. I'll have to eyeball a C7/C8 next sunday and give you more accurate estimate as to gap.

In short, GM wasn't so dumb as Ford.

Dodge Challenger has big rotors and 20" wheels too but again there's about a pinky's amount of room. So I very much doubt this problem exists for them either.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Cobra99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many
I don't know if GM would cover. THeir design doesn't trap stones like Ford's. The car comes with 20" stock which has lots of clearance and I had plenty of space even with 19" on my SS. I just realized that pic is from a Corvette. I'll have to eyeball a C7/C8 next sunday and give you more accurate estimate as to gap.

In short, GM wasn't so dumb as Ford.

Dodge Challenger has big rotors and 20" wheels too but again there's about a pinky's amount of room. So I very much doubt this problem exists for them either.
BMW has these issues
attachment.jpg

Porsche's
-stones-trapped-between-caliper-and-wheel-dsc03459.jpg

Mclarens
img_20191103_085828-jpg.jpg

GM does such a great job with the Corvette that this would never happen.

NOT
37407d13f_f055f0f0689f242b8c183569ca4b69e9efd56090.jpg

Your argument doesn't hold water and also your bias is clearly on display. I haven't determined if it's against the GT500, Ford or a combination but I don't really care anymore.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
You are not the only one who finds this comical. Below is a PM I got from a well respected member of this forum. He shall remain nameless.

"Holy f*** I had a good laugh at his story, then you called him out on it. Damn I can't stop laughing."

Call it what you want, but people aren't stupid...... on second thought, I guess some people are.
Maybe you should complain to the moderators for disagreeing with you like you did myself... You don't agree so you start a dumpster fire.

I appreciate your posts for a lot of things but damn... Got salt?

Actually... You complained because I called you out in a thread that you started... Sounds like you are doing that now to 50 deep.

Last edited:

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Maybe you should complain to the moderators for disagreeing with you like you did myself... You don't agree so you start a dumpster fire.

I appreciate your posts for a lot of things but damn... Got salt?

Actually... You complained because I called you out in a thread that you started... Sounds like you are doing that now to 50 deep.
I'm sorry, who are you? I dont recall anything to do with you.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Ok so every pretend racecar from all marques suffers from idiot engineering. Does bmw replace under warranty? Does McLaren? Porsche?

What is wrong with the state of automotive engineering that not one is smart enough to stop being stupid? I don't know what the magic number is but 12-15mm clearance between caliper and barrel should pretty much solve the problem once and for all.

Last edited:

Sponsored

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
Not a fan of Fiber wheels on a street driven car.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Folks, if you are dead set on buying a set of aluminum Forged wheels, then signature is your wheel.
Question (not to shit on Signature Wheels I know nothing about) - you wouldn't buy Forgelines ?
They're made here in Dayton, three piece ones allow to change width or replace part of it in case something like an incident described here happens...
Also if Signature are $5k per wheel like their website shows, Forgelines are much cheaper and with no disrespect meant, have higher cred and resale value than any other brand I know of...

Skwibbs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT500, '17 2SS (previous)
Question (not to shit on Signature Wheels I know nothing about) - you wouldn't buy Forgelines ?
They're made here in Dayton, three piece ones allow to change width or replace part of it in case something like an incident described here happens...
Also if Signature are $5k per wheel like their website shows, Forgelines are much cheaper and with no disrespect meant, have higher cred and resale value than any other brand I know of...
Signature is closer 5k per set if anything...

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
That question is worthy of a whole other thread.
I've i said, if you are hellbent on getting aluminum wheels, then I would took towards signature. I have no experience with forgeline.

Reactions: kz

Sponsored

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
I'm sorry, who are you? I dont recall anything to do with you.
Maybe we should split a spliff then... I'll load a bowl for you.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Maybe we should split a spliff then... I'll load a bowl for you.
Let's see.... I could do that and throw my life away

Or

I could keep on doing what I do and continue an affluent lifestyle.

Hmm......
What were you thinking, lol

This kind of crap just screams of trolling.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
Let's see.... I could do that and throw my life away

Or

I could keep on doing what I do and continue an affluent lifestyle.

Hmm......
What were you thinking, lol

This kind of crap just screams of trolling.
or. Shockingly you can do both. It was a peace offering. Take it as you like it.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
or. Shockingly you can do both. It was a peace offering. Take it as you like it.
A peace offering? We come from different worlds i guess.
Sponsored