Every CFTP Owner's Worst Nightmare

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
That’s Tomsters M.O. he seems like a miserable person, that’s constantly posting negative shit.
I would counter that statement with the thread appeared to me as a "look at what happens when you use your CF wheels on the street". That's exactly what it was. Then comes along the other side of the story of how the OP went out of his way to get him set of signature wheels. Thats all fine and commendable. As I said, if you want a set of aluminum wheels, then signature is your brand.

However, and a big however, is the way the thread reinforces that this will eventually happen to you and the solution is signature wheels.

I strongly disagree and simply pointed out that the CF wheels can be repaired quite easily and that the aluminum wheels have more permanent issues should they be damaged.

Bash away, but this was just another advertisement and a way to make people think that CF wheel use on the street is bad news and that this kind of thing will happen to you.

I will, in due time, demonstrate that the repair process is quite easy and people with CF should enjoy their car as it was intended to be.
Sponsored

JRedondox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
I would counter that statement with the thread appeared to me as a "look at what happens when you use your CF wheels on the street". That's exactly what it was. Then comes along the other side of the story of how the OP went out of his way to get him set of signature wheels. Thats all fine and commendable. As I said, if you want a set of aluminum wheels, then signature is your brand.

However, and a big however, is the way the thread reinforces that this will eventually happen to you and the solution is signature wheels.

I strongly disagree and simply pointed out that the CF wheels can be repaired quite easily and that the aluminum wheels have more permanent issues should they be damaged.

Bash away, but this was just another advertisement and a way to make people think that CF wheel use on the street is bad news and that this kind of thing will happen to you.

I will, in due time, demonstrate that the repair process is quite easy and people with CF should enjoy their car as it was intended to be.
Lol bro you are so miserable rofl

Wolvee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
@50 Deep Great story to read. Since you're here, are there any 18" or 19" wheels that'll fit the GT500? I have never been able to get used to the thinner sidewall tire of a 20" wheel. When I went from my 19" PP1 wheels to my 20" Roush wheels, I imediately knew I made a mistake.

..My 500 is still on order but I'm thinking ahead like any good gearhead.

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Are you looking to mount drag style rear rubber? Beyond that, everything is setup to accommodate and perform at its best with 20's, beyond boulevard pimping with 21's...

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 1966 Couple (347 Stroker)
This thread is great.

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
The bonk reference was pertainimg to a previous claim of how the aluminum wheels can be refinished. Ive been down that road, and no they can't, not to match factory powdercoat finishes. Curb or damage a wheel, and if you have one of those pretty powdercoat jobs, you are stuck. The only remedy is live with it or buy a new wheel.

Like I said, if you want an aluminum wheel, signatures are the ones to buy. But as I have learned, repairing a CF wheel is not a difficult process. As I said, once I find the last wheel I need, I will be doing a true public service and do a writeup on how to repair damage yourself. If all else fails, there is always spyder composites.

People with CF wheels should be using them. I was one of those people who was afraid of damaging them. If they are damaged, it is a simple process to get them repaired (either by doing it yourself or sending it out).
Now this is a more reasonable post. I think it makes sense.

Wolvee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Are you looking to mount drag style rear rubber? Beyond that, everything is setup to accommodate and perform at its best with 20's, beyond boulevard pimping with 21's...
No, track tires and street. I'll figure out big/littles some other time down the road since I don't care about drag racing.

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
@50 Deep Great story to read. Since you're here, are there any 18" or 19" wheels that'll fit the GT500? I have never been able to get used to the thinner sidewall tire of a 20" wheel. When I went from my 19" PP1 wheels to my 20" Roush wheels, I imediately knew I made a mistake.

..My 500 is still on order but I'm thinking ahead like any good gearhead.
Thanks man. We can get an 18” on the rear utilizing the vertical links we developed with Cortex racing. Then you can get the 60’ you want and traction out of the hole. Our fastest build to date was the first privately owned car to go 8’s 😁

56117A3A-0901-42EB-A0E7-243EFEEBFD4A.jpeg
1F683687-DD70-48BE-A78A-78392F1EA73D.jpeg

Sponsored
OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
It’s pretty comical. Like watching the Hindenburg over and over again
You are not the only one who finds this comical. Below is a PM I got from a well respected member of this forum. He shall remain nameless.

"Holy f*** I had a good laugh at his story, then you called him out on it. Damn I can't stop laughing."

Call it what you want, but people aren't stupid...... on second thought, I guess some people are.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
You are not the only one who finds this comical. Below is a PM I got from a well respected member of this forum. He shall remain nameless.

"Holy f*** I had a good laugh at his story, then you called him out on it. Damn I can't stop laughing."

Call it what you want, but people aren't stupid...... on second thought, I guess some people are.
As the only well respected member of this forum, please be advised I did NOT send that PM to Tom.
Sponsored